• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you like melee over brawl?

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
Ready? 3...2...1... GO

Brawl is lemonade and melee is prune juice

Lemonade is something you drink slowly on a hard day enjoying the sunrise/sunset on the beach, while prune juice is something you'll drink fast to take a dump so that you won't have to do it in your work place

There are as many types on melee characters as there are types of prune juices, and the same goes for the lemonade and brawl. There are no advance techniques to drink lemonade but there are plenty of them to drink that ****ty tasting prune juice.

Gundam 00 is brawl and Melee is Gundam Seed Destiny. (Gundam 00 is way better than seed btw)

GAME!
Winner is... BRAWL! (character winning quote) "Show me the Wavedash *****!"

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Ready? 3...2...1... GO

Lemonade is something you drink slowly on a hard day enjoying the sunrise/sunset on the beach, while prune juice is something you'll drink fast to take a dump so that you won't have to do it in your work place

There are as many types on melee characters as there are types of prune juices, and the same goes for the lemonade and brawl. There are no advance techniques to drink lemonade but there are plenty of them to drink that ****ty tasting prune juice.

Gundam 00 is brawl and Melee is Gundam Seed Destiny. (Gundam 00 is way better than seed btw)

GAME!
WORST...ANALOGY...EVER!!

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
6 was an aproximate number guys. :p
It's probably more like 2 or 3 characters.

FrostedSoul

Smash Rookie
I personally like melee better,just cause it has a certain feel to it the i cant seem to find when i play brawl.But then again i prefer brawls one player mode then melees.Both have their pros and cons,they just differ from others opinions on the two games.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Of course I like Melee over Brawl

Melee is a art

Brawl is just a game that anyone can learn and be "good"in, however I still have hope that brawl will one day raise up to a high competitive level so I continue playing it over Melee as the Melee competitive scene seems to be dead, am I wrong?

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Ready? 3...2...1... GO

GAME!
What the **** was that?

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
What the **** was that?
I don't know, you tell me? It happened so fast... All I remember was that your mom was there and your sister joined us later...
They prepared the lemonade and I helped them a bit; and I think to pass time we did a co-op adventure mode and we took turns?
I took the enemies on top and they took the ones on the bottom... It was fun, we all had a good time and they passed out from all the playing. :laugh:.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I like Melee a LOT because of the competitive view. But Brawl eventually will be advanced. Trust me. Brawl will be the best game ever. (Not that it already isn't.)

woah42

Smash Cadet
Brawl isn't as good as Melee. I learned to be very good at Melee and killed my friends at it. Brawl is fun, but Brawl doesn't stand up to Melee. It's way too floaty and slow. LONG LIVE MELEE!

*Leaves computer to go play Melee*

Corigames

Smash Hero
I like Melee a LOT because of the competitive view. But Brawl eventually will be advanced. Trust me. Brawl will be the best game ever. (Not that it already isn't.)
To all those that say that Brawl is the best game ever (and, in your case, will...) what other games have you played?

I don't know how many classic games I would put way before Brawl, even melee. Super Metroid, Mario Kart 64, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Bros. 3, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic and Knuckles, etc. The list goes on and on. Yet, for no reason, Brawl is the Best? This also doesn't include newer games that are a lot of fun like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the new Ratchet and Clank (cause I can't remember its proper title), No More Heros, Dead Rising, and ****, I'd even say Halo 3 is better than Brawl!

So seriously, if you think that Brawl is the best game ever, I hope it has been the only game you have ever played or remember playing.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
and ****, I'd even say Halo 3 is better than Brawl!
No. You may be anti-hyped about Brawl, but it's not even morally justifiable to joke about this.

As for classic games, Super Mario World on the SNES is STILL my favorite game, and in my opinion the greatest, from when I first beat it :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I don't know, I had a blast with my friend going through the levels, watching the replays (which, by the way, last longer than 3 minutes), going online to play people LAG FREE, and, in general, had a blast. I enjoyed Halo 2 a lot. I played it a bit with that same friend and others, but wasn't nearly as competitive with it as I was with melee. Picking up Halo 3 from Halo 2 didn't seem much different than the first time picking up 2, except with new equipment stuff and better graphics. Would I say Halo 2 is better? Probably not, but Halo 3 wasn't bad at all. Brawl's not bad, but it is nothing compared to Melee.

Spidermonkey2

Smash Rookie
wel I havent played Brawl yet but I liked the ORIGINAL SSB because why it was what started almost all this but I wish I had Brawl despite what many of you think.
Diddy and DK yea thats right

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think I like them equally. Once Brawl came out, I liked it better. Then, I tried Melee again and the physics felt so much better, and you're not practically magnetically attracted to the ledge like you are in Brawl. Also, in some ways, the Tether Recovery system in Melee was better. True, it was hard to get it to work, but you could attach it to anything solid, meaning you could attach it lower on the stage instead of being forced to be at the ledge (in some ways it doesn't really matter, but I find it adds a little more variety with the ability to change where it lands). Also, that way, if you use a tether-recovery-type attack near a ledge, you don't automatically grab the ledge, which is rather annoying.

In any case, I think Brawl has more content, but Melee's physics were much better. Which is why I play both, still.

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
TETRIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER...

and on a side note...
why is it that every game link is in, he's low tier?
(excluding a link to the past for snes...)

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Getting back on topic....

I can't stand to play Melee after playing Brawl... It seems like it was programmed by a half dozen ******** 6 year olds... It's so buggy and horribly unbalanced...it's a wreck. I would hide my face like Michael jackson if I were on Melee's development team. Brawl is such a solid game. Stages are more well-designed, characters are balanced....it's better in every conceivable way. So it doesn't have a bunch of "Advanced Techniques" (more like exploits and glitches...), but it's just flat-out more fun to play than Melee could ever hope to be. Stop whining about it's "competitive value", and just play the **** game because it's really irrelevant at this point. The metagame will not evolve if people don't play the game. It's not Melee 2, so don't play it like it is. Maybe l canceling and chainthrowing aren't as important in Brawl...it's a whole new game. It's not going to to have a competitive metagame after a little over a month after it's US release...come on... So your "advanced techs" and overpowered characters don't put you at an advantage anymore...deal with it, and stop whining.

Top Bottom