• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many Kirby fighters do you think we should have?

How many Kirby fighters do you think we should have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 7 9.9%

Votes: 19 26.8%

Votes: 28 39.4%

Votes: 5 7.0%

Votes: 2 2.8%

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

R O F L

Smash Ace
I honestly don't know how to reply to this... The Kirby series deserves about 3 or 4 characters if we're comparing it to other series' character count, but there is no rule on how or who get's added.

For example, FE has 7 and DKC has just got it's 3rd character despite there being a ocean sized gap between their sales and popularity. The concept of "how many characters does the Kirby series deserve" doesn't work with whatever current character selection method they're using now. It also eliminates using sales and popularity as a major argument point when taking about a series that deserves more characters.

Like I said earlier, IMO Kirby should have about 3 or 4 characters, it shouldn't have 5+ just because Fire Emblem has a lot of characters.

Whatever. I'm a fan of the series so give me 7 characters, Idc.

This post is probably super-dumb, but whatever, i'm gonna post it anyway.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
For example, FE has 7 and DKC has just got it's 3rd character despite there being a ocean sized gap between their sales and popularity. The concept of "how many characters does the Kirby series deserve" doesn't work with whatever current character selection method they're using now. It also eliminates using sales and popularity as a major argument point when taking about a series that deserves more characters.
DKC and Kirby are both comparably popular and both have 3. Mario and Pokemon are history-defining giants of the video game genre and have 6-7 each depending on who you count. When you account for clones and echoes being less valuable (as they inherently take less dev time) pretty much every series is in a very snug place in terms of representation. The only real outliers are Fire Emblem--most of which are clones and echoes--and arguably Kid Icarus.

Star Fox and Zelda are padded with semiclones, and Zelda and Metroid both have that funny situation in which a character has been grandfathered in after being introduced as just an extension of an existing character. Star Fox's three characters do not equal Kirby's or DK's three characters--a lot more love obviously went into Kirby and DK. I really think almost every series is in a solid and fair spot when you account for this character weight.

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
I'd like:
Bandana Dee
Marx
Magolor
Taranza
Dark Matter Blade
Galacta Knight
Dark Meta Knight
Susie
Gooey
Adeleine and Ribbon
Morpho Knight
Shadow Kirby (As Kirby echo)
and of course, Waluigi

But if I had to pick one, it would be Bandana Dee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom