• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How I Would Make Mewtwo (In Brawl) If I Were Sakurai

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Well, we all know that this cant happen, and we cannot have our old friend Mewtwo back in brawl. But recently, Ive been getting back at Melee, and i've noticed a couple of things that Mewtwo could have returned with differently if Lucario (my main) were not included in Brawl.
Here is what i have down;

1.) As we know of Mewtwo's neutral B attack in melee, it was Shadow Ball. The thing is, Mewtwo wasnt all that strong. Something that could be similar to what Lucario does, is that, when Mewtwo has his fully charged Shadow Ball, his hand glows with darkness. This could improve his attack power by about maybe 4-6% extra damage on each attack as long as he keeps the shadow ball charged.

2.) Since Mewtwo's side B attack (forgot name either confusion or disable), was not that effective in melee, I think that in brawl it could work as bowsers old grab from melee but physically. Mewtwo would swing his claw to the other side, grab the oponnent, and then if u press left or right his eyes would glow blue, and he would crush them to the ground.

...These are just my thoughts that i came up while i was bored haha.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
What would make a big difference with him would be giving him weight equal to Ganondorf or Bowser.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
I was thinking M2's side-b should be changed altogether, but if mewtwo was heavier that would help.

WTFmew2litertanbbqhax

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
This.

Change his Side B into a mind **** blast that instantly kills everyone else on the screen, with 100% accuracy.

<_<

>_>
LOL

I actually like the idea of his Side B being like a 2nd grab, just like Ganondorf and Bowser have a 2nd grab move on Side B. Keep the repel Projectiles effect and make it faster to come out.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
The first idea with the charged shadow ball increasing power sound cool.
and maybe just give confusion a din's fire kind of effect where you guide a sparkle through the air and when you release it, they flip through the air, so he has some kind of ranged telekinesis.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
LOL

I actually like the idea of his Side B being like a 2nd grab, just like Ganondorf and Bowser have a 2nd grab move on Side B. Keep the repel Projectiles effect and make it faster to come out.
I felt like overall his specials were lacking. I kinda wished his abilities were based more on his real abilities within the Pokemon universe, you know? I mean, not to be totally overpowering, but he should have been created better to avoid a bottom tier placing.

Oh well, I also main Fox in addition to Mewtwo so I've got a top tier character to balance things out.=P

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
I felt like overall his specials were lacking. I kinda wished his abilities were based more on his real abilities within the Pokemon universe, you know? I mean, not to be totally overpowering, but he should have been created better to avoid a bottom tier placing.

Oh well, I also main Fox in addition to Mewtwo so I've got a top tier character to balance things out.=P
Yeah I think Disable would be broken if modified so in actuallity that skill should probably be replaced but Confusion should just be modified.

The Immortal Sir NZ said:
The first idea with the charged shadow ball increasing power sound cool.
and maybe just give confusion a din's fire kind of effect where you guide a sparkle through the air and when you release it, they flip through the air, so he has some kind of ranged telekinesis.
I like that Idea a lot.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Yeah I think Disable would be broken if modified so in actuallity that skill should probably be replaced but Confusion should just be modified.

I like that Idea a lot.
Confusion definitely needs to be replaced. But I do like Immortal's idea as well.

But overall, Mewtwo's physical characteristics needs to be changed as well.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Confusion definitely needs to be replaced. But I do like Immortal's idea as well.

But overall, Mewtwo's physical characteristics needs to be changed as well.
Just keep all Tail Whip attacks.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Just keep all Tail Whip attacks.
And give the tail attacks dark fire power, like they did for all of Zelda's airs with electricity. Make him at least as heavy as Wario, a long range grab (He can use telekentic powers for crying out loud!), replace disable with something more powerful, and more useful. Alter Confusion as noted by people above, make Shadowball stronger, or replace it with that energy wave move (I forget what it's called). Better Smash attacks: make Shadowbomb his F-smash and give him a new D-smash that hits on both sides. U-smash should be beefed up, as it looks totally bad***. I'm done. Anyone got any other thoughts?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
The funny part about that is that everyone who doesn't main mewtwo thinks that those are his most useless moves. We, however, know how wrong they all are, right?
Right! Calling Mewtwo's tilts usless is like calling Bowser's usless. They aren't, you just have to be picky on which ones you use... and when... and all that...

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
The funny part about that is that everyone who doesn't main mewtwo thinks that those are his most useless moves. We, however, know how wrong they all are, right?
Yeah, All of his Tilts work awesome for starting combos and it also fits Mewtwo perfectly as it makes him look as if he's toying with his opponents then he gets tired of it and just Back throws them for them just to comeback and get blasted with a fully charged Shadowball or Down Smash. ;)

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
If I were Sakurai, I'd be like, "**** SON, MEWTWO IS WAY TOO COOL TO BE IN BRAWL"

Then I'd explode.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
What would you guys say if Sakurai replaced disable with reflect or light screen?
It would give him a real reflector move that would actually damage them with their own projectiles.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I say replace disable with future sight, that way it's still as useless initially then around the last stock WHAM.

OHKO.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
NO NO NO. I want Mewtwo to keep his specials
Except change confusion to Psychic

Hitbox a little bit longer than Lucarios side B
Enemy at close range 5% on lift 10% on slam lifts them into the air then slams them into ground (If opponent is in the air [cannot be used in air]{But works if opponent is recovering or ledge grabbing for longer than invincibility frames} then your opponent gets meteor smashed

Enemy at end of hitbox Lets a psychic blast go with decent knock back and does 17%

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
I think he should have better ranged melee attacks and his throw should be ranged, especially since he's TELEKINETIC.

I think his double jump should be like something pit does, except he's more maneuverable and faster in the air, provided it's shorter than pit's one.

Disable should have a bit more range.

He should use his tail less and use psychic attacks more.

Rapid shadow balls would be nice, and maybe he should use Psy wave and/or Psychic.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
I wouldn't mess too much with the jump. DJC is what makes Mewtwo's aerials work.

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
I think just having Mewtwo in Brawl at all would have been a godsend....

Why he was taken out, I will never be able to comprehend (**** douchebags with their petition).

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
Hopefully that douche Sakurai won't be in charge of the next Super Smash Bros. game.
It makes no sense, why Mewtwo?

I wouldn't mess too much with the jump. DJC is what makes Mewtwo's aerials work.
Instant flying would be much better imo.

Mewtwo should also have better DI, again, because he's telekinetic, he's basically the only character in the game who's DI would make sense (excluding other telekinetic characters).

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I think Peach-ish float would be pretty cool, complete with float cancel :p.

Make him heavier is a given.

Make his U Throw a telikinetic kick in the ****s.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Honestly Mewtwo should be where Metaknight except instead of being a tornado spammer/planker we get mewtwo pummeling (get the pun) people to a pulp

Hpnotiq

Smash Cadet
like mewtwo was one of the **** best pokemons should be aloot faster and heavier, should have a counter like lucario but with physic sh*t, instead of disable a good counter, and instead of confusion something like recover or some thunder or ice att, even hyper beam, selfdestruct... mewtwo could have been the best character in melee.. according to the fact that he was the best pokemon before rayquaza and the other *******

Stev

Smash Ace
ya, i agree. Give him hyperbeam instead of shadowball. I think recover would be a little too cheap tho. But boost his spead, give him float, make him a ****in beast. it wouldn't upset anyone cuz, frankly, he ***** the pokemon universe... unless fighting tyrannitar who owns his *** hard.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
dude if mewtwo was in brawl ,brawl wouldn't be any better and you would be mad how bad they F***ed it up and just play melee and wish mewtwo was better instead of you being better and heck you could win with mewtwo unlike pichu and if you get mad at me or mewtwo and switch mains and play marth... well i hope a mewtwo owns you real bad

so stop thinking about brawl it's only going to make you mad that they mess up every really great games series at the 3rd game or so

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
No, don't you dare! :mad: ....
Yeah, let's see it.
:laugh: you don't want to see it? it'll be below...

brawl sucks ****
Yes, yes it does...

Please note that in making this list I took measures to make Mewtwo the strongest Pokemon playable (Including Charziard and a full power Lucario...)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The revammped Mewtwo. By Shadowball2.

Mewtwo.

Lockable/Unlockable: Unlockable.

How to unlock: Play 400 Brawl matches, complete Target test with all starter Pokemon characters with a combined time of under 2 minutes, or have Mewtwo join your group in the SSE. Mewtwo will challange you to battle in all but the SSE method.

Stats.

Size: 4/5. Mewtwo is still a big target with a high duck, but the duck is lower than it was in Melee.

Weight: 3.5/5. Mewtwo is now about as heavy as Wario, ranking as a heavy-weight.

Speed: 3/5. Mewtwo has sped up a little, but is still far from the fastest in the game. (Running and walking animations are unchanged.)

Attack Speed: 2.5/5. While some of his attacks come out quickly, laggy Smash Attacks bring the overall speed down.

Power: 4.5/5. Mewtwo has recieved a substantial boost in power, now hitting nearly as hard as Dedede, Ganondorf and Bowser, with some attacks that are stronger than some of theirs. Mewtwo is no pushover this time!

Fall Speed: 1.5/5. Mewtwo is still floaty, and is actually lighter in the air than when he's on the ground. (Has something to do with the levitation...).

Recovery: 5/5. Mewtwo has among the very best recoveries in the entire game, with the highest and longest second jump of any character (Yes that includes Yoshi...). This, combined with his 3rd jump, means that Mewtwo can recover from vitually any situation. Slow air speed makes him an easy target however...

Tier Ranking: 7/36. Mewtwo's tier rank is tied with Marth's...

Moveslist.

A attacks.

A: Shadow Spark. (Dark Fire.) Basically the same move from Melee, the attack is a little stronger, but it now has stun and knockback, K.O.ing at very high percents. 8% damage.

Dash Attack: Shadow Shove. (Dark Fire.) The same attack from Melee, only it now pushes foes away from Mewtwo every time it hits, making it more effective. 10% damage.

F-Tilt: Psycic Swipe. Mewtwo swings his arm in a sideways motion, creating a burst of wind in front of him, reaching about as far as Marth's sword. K.O.'s at 120% or higher. Medium knockback. 12% damage at the sweetspot.

U-Tilt: Mental shove. Mewtwo shoots a small shockwave from his eyes as he looks up, striking foes above him. The move has low stun, but medium knockback, K.O.ing at 125% or higher. The reach is similar to the tail move from Melee. 10% damage.

D-Tilt: Tail Sweep. The same move from Melee, very good for starting combos. 9% damage at the sweetspot.

F-Smash: Shadowbomb. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, olny it's now Mewtwo's F-Smash rather than his D-Smash. The power is greatly increased, but the move has a lot of lag. 22-34% damage. (Has frames of Flinch-resistance.) Can K.O. at 55% damage.

U-Smash: Galaxyblast. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, only bigger and reworked a little. If any player is caught in the start of the move, they are dragged in to take the full damage of the attack. It has good knockback, but if it misses, it has a lot of wind down time. 18-28% damage. Can K.O. at 65% damage.

D-Smash: Dark Shockwave. (Dark Fire.). Mewtwo floats up a little bit while charging power in both hands. It then drops and smahes the ground with its fists, causing a blast of Dark Fire to raditate quicky on either side of it. When done un-charged, the move has little power or knockback but is quick. 16-30% damage. Has super armor frames when he hits the ground, but Mewtwo is wide open while charging. Can K.O. at 65% damage.

Air Attacks.

N-Air: Shockwave. Mewtwo releases a blast of air on either side of it, each reaching about as far as Sheik's sex kick in the front and halfway back its tail in the back. Does 15% damage with medium knockback.

F-Air: Shadowclaw. (Dark Fire.) Exactly the same move from Melee, with a slight boost in damage. The move has high combo potential, comes out quickly with low lag, and can be a finishing blow. 14% damage. High Knockback.

D-Air: Psycic Shove. Mewtwo points downwards, creating a blast of wind that can readily spike foes. It reaches about as far down as Gonaondorf's Thunder Stomp, and has a 1-20 chance of having a Dark Fire effect for a boost in spiking ability. 16% damage normally, 20% with the Dark Fire effect. Medium to high knockback.

U-Air: High Tail Flip. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, now with a Dark Fire effect at the sweetspot. 10-16% damage. Medium knockback.

B-Air: Reverse Psycic Swipe. Mewtwo turns halfway and swings its arm behind it, smacking the foe with a blast of wind. It does 14% damage at the sweetspot, and has a reach equal to the tail move from Melee. Medium Knockback.

Grab/Throws.

Grab: Mewtwo now has an extended reach to his grabs, equal to Link's Clawshot. When a grab is attempted, a twinkle quickly extends, latching onto foes and pulling them in to be thrown. The grab is also fast in close, and it gives Mewtwo one of the best running grabs in the game.

Holding attack: Palm Spark. Zap 'em good. 3% damage.

F-Throw: Psycic Toss. Mewtwo whirls the opponent in front of it once(Think the Confusion animation from Melee.) and tosses them away from him. 12% damage.

B-Throw: Reverse Throw. The same throw from Melee, just a little stronger. 12% damage.

D-Throw: Tail Slap. Mewtwo's last returning tail move, it is unchanged since Melee, doing 11% damage with combo potential.

U-Throw: Psycic Whirlwind. The same throw from Melee, and the strongest U-Throw in the game. A reliable finisher, K.O.ing at 110% damage or higher. 14% damage.

Specials.

B: Shadowball. (Dark Fire.) Mewtwo's projectile returns! It keeps all of its former characteristics, only it does more damage than before and reaches further. 28% damage fully charged.

U-B: Teleport. The same move from Melee: a reliable and fast recovery move that can be used to approach and escape while on the ground.

> B: Psycic. Mewtwo flashes his eyes towards the opponent in the same way that "Disable" was animated in Melee. Instead of Disable, Mewtwo unleashes Psycic in the form of a blue energy wave. It can be charged for additonal damage, doing a maximum of 12%. It reaches 3/4's of the way across Battlefield fully charged. Medium knockback.

D-B: Barrier. Mewtwo throws up a barrier around itself in the form of a blue energy bubble. The sheild will reflect energy projectiles and counter moves being thrown at the moment of activation. Sword weilding characters and characters with tether grabs will be able to disrupt the move. reflected projectiles will do 1.5% more damage, and the shield will do 8% damage with high stun, but no kncokback.

Final Smash: Psycic Blast. Mewtwo shows what it can really do with this move! When the move is activated, Mewtwo forms a barrier around itself and expands it into a blast of energy that shoots straight upward, K.O.ing anyone in the way and even destroying otherwise invincible items (ATs and Pokemon for eg.). The move does 60% damage in a single hit and is an instant K.O., with a width of about the distance between the platforms on Spear Pillar. To balance this out, the move can only be done on the ground, and it only goes up, so on a large stage or a stage with multiple floors, its usefulness is halved as foes can easily hide. Characters with mutiple jumps on a small stage can wait it out. Overall, when the move connects, it K.O.'s but the Mewtwo player will have to be cunning to get it to hit. Move source: The First Movie. (Yeah I know, its anime, but Lucario has a Kamehameha, so its permissable...)

Ledge attacks.

Less than 100% damage: Shove. Mewtwo comes up onto the stage holding a hand in front of it, metally shoving the opponent back. 8% damage.

100% damage and higher: Hand Smack. The same move as Melee. 10% damage.

The "getting up" attack: Iron Tail. Mewtwo spins itself to its feet, in a breakdance fashion rather than the Melee way, using a hand to levitate itself to its standing position. The move knocks foes over with the tail. 10% damage. (I actually looked the name to that one up...)

Ledge dodges: Same as Melee.

Ledge climbs: Same as Melee, but floatier.

Side-Step, Roll and Air dodges: Same as Melee.

Battle stance: Same as Melee, with new gestures and tail flicks.

Enterance: Teleports onto the stage saying "You dare defy me?"

Taunts.

U-Taunt: Spins while chuckling. Same as Melee.

> Taunt: Floats off the ground with glowing eyes.

D-Taunt: Holds up its right hand and creates two mini-Shadowball that orbit its outstreched hand.

Victory Poses: The regular three: Same as Melee, but with voice acting inserted. Mewtwo also has three special poses. For Lucario and the other Pokemon, Mewtwo turns away from them, giving them a dismissive wave of its hand. For the Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo faces him with Special Pokeballs orbiting him. For Ness, and Lucas, Mewtwo faces them while floating, looking down on them as if scolding them.

Vicory Phrases. (In English!)

#1: "I am the supreme being."

#2: "Behold my power!"

#3: "I can't be beaten."

To Pokemon Trainer: "Your Pokemon are mine!"

To Pikachu and Juigglypuff: "You should have fled."

To Lucario: "Get out of my sight!"

To Ness or Lucas: "Foolish child. You shouldn't have tried."

Victory music: Any suggestions? I don't know what to put here...

Loss pose: Same as Melee. (If it not broken, don't fix it right? Hello reader! )

Pros/Cons.

Pros.

* Powerful attacks across the board: one of the top 3 most powerful characters in the game.

*Strongest throws in the game.

*Powerful and useful Special attacks.

*Superb recovery.

*Has a powerful spike.

*Has a decent running speed.

*Has a very powerful Final Smash.

Cons.

*A very big and easily comboed target.

*Very light in the air.

*Second highest crouch in the game.

*Extremely situational Final Smash.

Stage: Cloning Lab. You play in the birthplace of Mewtwo! The lab is in ruins after Mewtwo's escape however, with the occasional fire and falling celing tiles making hazards. About the size of Pokemon Stadium. How to unlock: play 10 Brawl matches with Mewtwo.

Stage music: Thanks goes to Steelia. Click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2p6AUFK2d4.

If anyone else has any good suggestions, please post them, and if they're good I'll edit them in.

Trivia.

*Mewtwo is the most altered character from Melee, boasting an almost completly changed moveset and different stats.

*Mewtwo was considered one of the very worst characters in Melee. With the updates, he has climbed up the tiers to the top of high tier, tied with Marth.

*Along with C. Falcon and Snake, Mewtwo actually has a few spoken lines in the SSE, via telepathy.

*For all intents and purposes, Mewtwo is the most powerful playable Pokemon in the game, and ranks the highest out of all of them.

Snake codec.

BEEP BEEP.

Snake: "Otacon! What's this odd looking flaoting cat on the battlefield?"

Otacon: "That's the Genetic Pokemon Mewtwo Snake. It's a clone of Mew, the rarest of all Pokemon. But be careful: unlike Mew Mewtwo is extremely dangerous. It is said to be the most savage and ruthless Pokemon ever. Its psycic powers are increadibly powerful, making it the second strongest Pokemon of all time."

Snake: "Huh. Well, I've dealt with psycics before. Get close and fire, right?"

Otacon: Don't get cocky Snake. Mewtwo could destroy a Metal Gear by looking at it. Its powers are that strong. Just try to take it by surprise, and you may have a shot. Oh, and its a telepath too, so turn your scambler on and hope that it does its job."

Snake: "So it can read minds too? Great. I'll talk to you soon... I hope."

Transmission ends.

Top Bottom