• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How high is your IQ?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
There may also be an option back on the page where you entered your phone number to get your phone number off the list. But if there isn't that option, then you should do what GoldShadow advised. Just call your customer service people up and tell them you are getting spam texts from some company and they will get rid of it for you fairly quickly and effortlessly for you. ;)

D

Deleted member

I took one when I just got out of college (I think it was real) and it was like 118.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
I do believe Intelligence can be measured. There just aren't goo tests online(or anywhere from what I experienced). If an IQ test is made that truly measures all the measurable aspects. I'll be a supporter.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, so I know I'm going to get a lot of butthurt from the bods about necroing a month-old thread, but I need to know something.

Did anyone who took the test in the OP enter their phone number at the end to get the results? If so, have you frequently gotten text spammed over the past month? If so, do you have any thoughts on how to get out of it?

I really should've seen this coming.
Technically, when somebody calls you, you can say "put me on your do not call list". And they're legally obligated to not call you anymore.

But in reality they don't.

Btw, putting in you real phone number at the end of the test costs you about 50 points on the test, lol.

Adi

Smash Lord
Online IQ tests are complete BS, although even the standardized professionally administered ones aren't that much better.

When I was young I took one to get into a gifted school, in order to get into it you needed to score an IQ of 120 and I got like 145 or something like that.

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
That test is based on random trivia.
It's total crap, and completely inaccurate.
For example, my IQ is 143.
I got a 217.
>_>

The ones that you'll get in school aren't perfect either, but at least they have a higher degree of accuracy. Personally, I've been in a gifted class at my schools since 2nd Grade, and we've done some things in relation to I.Q. For example, the whole thing is a bell curve (you'll have just as many people with 130 as 70, 120 as 80, etc), the average is 100, and all test become invalid at IQ's surpassing 160-170. (As there are little people who have intelligences that high)

Fun Fact:
The level of collective human intelligence is steadily increasing, so IQ test have to be made harder every few years to keep the average at 100.

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
Fun Fact:
The level of collective human intelligence is steadily increasing, so IQ test have to be made harder every few years to keep the average at 100.
Wait wut? I thought whatever the average is was 100, It doesn't matter how hard it is. If everybody got 100% on the test in 20min, then 100% in 20min would be 100 iq.

And yes, online iq tests are inacurrate, but some can give a general ballpark figure. If a test has any trivia on it, close it immediately. An iq test should not measure your knowledge at all. (outside of basic function like numbers, shapes)

I had to take an IQ test for our college fitness course and I scored 156.

edit:

Generally, you wont miss any or very few problems on a real IQ test. It isn't testing whether you get a problem right or wrong, but how fast you arrive at the answer. If you were wrong, it doesn't show anything since you were on the wrong thinking path on the problem. When you get it right it just shows how long it took for you to get an answer.

I heard someone talk about how SAT is a better test of intelligence. The SAT is like an IQ test, but the only thing different is that the SAT doesn't test intelligence. It tests knowledge. Almost all the problems in the SAT are really easy as long as you know the concept behind the problem. If you understand the vocab, the answer to the questions are easy. If you understand how to read graphs in the math section, the graphical questions are easy.

The IQ test is measuring your ability to process information, which is why the questions used generally consist of numbers, colors, shapes, etc...

And about the people who don't believe people scoring as high as Einstein. Your probably right that they aren't, but remember that intelligence is only one aspect of what makes you "smart". You also need to have knowledge in what you are studying/working with, and an understanding of that knowledge. Someone could easily be as intelligent as Einstein, but they use their intelligence to just solve everyday problems around the house and play video games.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i took a bunch of unreliable, free, online, 5 minute quiz's and got an average of 137ish.
but i found a typo in one of the questions. LMAO
too good.
i'm prolly like a 125ish maybe. (i love saying i got a higher score while posting like a noob)

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
i've always found IQtest.com rather reliable. Don't have to buy anything, emails the score to you. traditional. But, That's just me.

Anyway, My IQ's OVER 9000!!!! not funny? I thought as much. It's 135.

Smash Master
These scores are way too high...

I failed the gifted test in elementary school, yet I'm consistently in the 140s on the online tests.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I.Q. tests are very unreliable.

But I'm probably pretty high. Like very high. :p

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
These scores are way too high...

I failed the gifted test in elementary school, yet I'm consistently in the 140s on the online tests.
free online tests are ridiculous. haha
be like me and accept that you're not actually a genius.
(or at least not based on the results of a cheap *** test lulz)

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321
they had to invent the IQQ for me because the IQ portion was so substantial that it had its own quotient on top of the normal one

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure mine is 40. That's like, nine hands' worth! I must be pretty smart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom