• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is Pit ?

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if Pit is good enough to compete against some character like MK or Marth. I know Pit fast,can combo well and have a very good recover with a very spammable projectile and some good mindgames with is AT, So if you know the answer I would like to know is Pro/Cons and if he can compete against the best chars in the game

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
^what he said...

but also pit will always be lower than MK..

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
what? m2k are u seruous? i wouldnt put Pit that high. atleast not yet. hes kinda like toon link. Hes good but he doesnt rank that high because he gets knocked out by a few (or even one) matchup. that of which is metaknight.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Actually I know Pit isnt better tan mk but i want to know if he can stand a chance aganist like good character like Snake, MK,Marth too name a few

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
M2k haven't seen you around these parts, anywayz IMO pit can Basically be the best character in the game, but he's used incorrectly. You see that spammers actually win sometimes, but if he is used perfectly, pit can take out any obstacle.

Cj he didn't ask for tiers, if more pit players were actually good, we wouldn't be that low.

Darkspatan to answer your question, Pit can completely destroy snake if used in the gayest manner. Pit can beat marth with projectile and the right moves, and anticipating his moves pit can win.

Most pits have problems with Mk, but with arrows and shield we can beat them, most pits lose to Metas because they can't play the match up well, and try to spam, but thats just met with the tornado. Than they get gimped easily, giving Pit a horrible stereotype and making him seem like a noob.
But pit can be top, not even high, top tier. And im trying to make that happen.

Btw everyone is calling metaknight m2k, its MK. just so you know.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
no i was refering to mew2kings post. m2k = mewtwoking. i was wondering if he though that high of pit especially since hes from east coast where Pits havent been doing so hot lately.
dont get confused!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Pit has potential, but just like every character, it depends more on the player. A good pit will beat a bad MK, flatout, unless your like me and tripped 17 times in one match :| (not versus a Diddy :o )

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit is a great character. His versability is as follows
Mediumweight
Projectile that you can curve, loop, aim for precision
2 Reflectors
Multiple jumps
Gliding ability (He flies the fastest of the 3 gliders)
Great recovery
Good speed
Large amount of Adv. Tech that would benefit the Pit player when used correctly (like me and my Arrow Loop/Rain, etc.) making Pit better

In my experience with MKs, well i dont think i did face a good one. Pit's projectile is good against the MK, and when used at the right time, the Mirror Shield can gimp MK but i dont want to say much.
As for Marths, the Marth reach will give Pit problems, but the projectile of his will help against Marth. Mirror Shield works too.

Nice to see you here M2K.

Deeves

Smash Rookie
Pit is a great character. His versability is as follows
Mediumweight
Projectile that you can curve, loop, aim for precision
2 Reflectors
Multiple jumps
Gliding ability (He flies the fastest of the 3 gliders)
Great recovery
Good speed
Large amount of Adv. Tech that would benefit the Pit player when used correctly (like me and my Arrow Loop/Rain, etc.) making Pit better
Well I wouldn't say great recovory. Its more like a gimpable recovory:psycho:. But you are right he is a great character to use he can gimp most of the other characters but he lacks killing moves:urg:.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
as an overall character, i dont really think pit is that great. He has a disadvantage to alot of characters that ive noticed. Like yoshi and fox for some odd reason.

Pit lacks as said before killing moves, and a really useful spike. But he can seriously gimp people. lol.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Cj. Dont you get confused when you said he ranks and adding to the fact of east coast thats referring to tiers, you said pit doesnt do good and i said if there were better players we'd do better, and when i said the tiers part you basically referred to how pit does where m2k merely shared his thoughts on “how good pit is” and dont try to tell me what m2k means i hang out with the dude at tourneys.

Btw pit hasnt been doing so hot anywhere lately, probably except WA.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Thx correcting me about mk. On a side note Pit Arrows can seriously gimp some char like Ness or Lucas if you hit PK Thunder with it they die

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
I knew that kupo I use it when I'm aganist Lucas since I can't jump in his Pk Thunder

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Thx correcting me about mk.
i was talking to the other guy..if you read my post clearly it would be clear which ones im talking about
If you would have read you would have seen dark thanking me for the correcting him. If you didn't make the mistake than it didn't apply to you.

Dark You can always mirror shield earthbound kidz recoveries. In its beginning frames when it reflects.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Yes, fox's i do a lot, i did to marth, on my vid on youtube, link, mario, basically they have to attack your shield in its beginning frames, (when it first comes out) [ while its glowing]

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
preety cool hey rogue do you know that pit can keep 4 arrow in play shoot 3 of them in the sky and looping the final one will make them all fall at once it's very useful on large stage like BOE

Alopex

Smash Ace
Pit is a vastly misunderstood character that will definitely reach top tier one day. I have absolutely no doubt about this.

Master Pit now, and you'll be ready for the future.

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
I hate Pit and there's nothing you can do about it.

Pit is fantastic for n00bs because:
  • He spams - every n00b loves to spam :p
  • he has a fantastic recovery
  • he's not so fast that he's an easy target

I hate Pit because he spams but really, lots of people use him and I don't think that's going to change. I am a veteran player but new on the forums, so don't think I'm a total idiot for saying all this :psycho:

Good luck, Pit players :p

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
I don't know, to be honest I don't think he's 'the best' to fight against MK and/or Marth.
Good luck :laugh:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit is fantastic for n00bs because:
  • He spams - every n00b loves to spam :p
  • he has a fantastic recovery
  • he's not so fast that he's an easy target

I hate Pit because he spams but really, lots of people use him and I don't think that's going to change. I am a veteran player but new on the forums, so don't think I'm a total idiot for saying all this :psycho:

Good luck, Pit players :p
Though you wish us luck, Pit isnt fantastic for noobs.
1: While the noobs spam, the pros have the real skill, and even the spamming noobs arent goin to be better Pits as often as those chars who have no reflectors
2: Those who use Pit incorrectly will suffer from the lack of knowledge, such as Up-b being gimpable indefinently.
3: He's still agile, but I really dont have nothing to say about ur third statement.

So let the noobs spam with Pit and abuse him (poor 12-year old angel :() and let the better players make Palutena proud, like me. Maybe 1 day one of us can teach u to like him more, and OutPit the spammy Pits :laugh:
Trust me, I made about 1 player use Pit now thanks to my skills. Some of the others may encourage u to at least try him out.

As for the Pit vs MK Matchup... Mirror Shield FTW!

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
Though you wish us luck, Pit isnt fantastic for noobs.
1: While the noobs spam, the pros have the real skill, and even the spamming noobs arent goin to be better Pits as often as those chars who have no reflectors
2: Those who use Pit incorrectly will suffer from the lack of knowledge, such as Up-b being gimpable indefinently.
3: He's still agile, but I really dont have nothing to say about ur third statement.

So let the noobs spam with Pit and abuse him (poor 12-year old angel :() and let the better players make Palutena proud, like me. Maybe 1 day one of us can teach u to like him more, and OutPit the spammy Pits :laugh:
Trust me, I made about 1 player use Pit now thanks to my skills. Some of the others may encourage u to at least try him out.

As for the Pit vs MK Matchup... Mirror Shield FTW!
Well, this is only my opinion and alot of my friends who are new to this game, and veteran players, aren't really very good with Pit. But my friends who are new, I must admit quite young, spam his pleasent 'yayayayaya' attack, which isn't very good because usually does 1 damage every 'ya'.

I might agree with you on some of it but really, I don't like Pit. But don't listen to me - if you or other people, considerably my friends are comfortable using Pit, I am fine with that! :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
you should look at good pits and make your decision. Out of the good pits, Me, Sagemoon, Aisengobay, and Rogue have videos up.

www.youtube.com/kupo150

If you want, you can start with the combo vids to get a feel then branch out to the individual matchs. I recommend my "Pit uses a nunchuck" one first because "A tribute to the Past" was saying goodbye to my old Pit. It is still entertaining though. Good luck! ^_^

Links to the combo vids are in my sig.

I highly recommend kupo vs Rogue matches for and understanding of pit

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
pit got plenty of things banned...

that is my only reply
Exactly what is banned on pit?

Well, this is only my opinion and alot of my friends who are new to this game, and veteran players, aren't really very good with Pit. But my friends who are new, I must admit quite young, spam his pleasent 'yayayayaya' attack, which isn't very good because usually does 1 damage every 'ya'.

I might agree with you on some of it but really, I don't like Pit. But don't listen to me - if you or other people, considerably my friends are comfortable using Pit, I am fine with that! :)
Stop being closed-minded and stereotyping EVERY SINGLE other pit player because you draw all your info from beginner level friends.

Then clearly Pit sucks MI RITE?!

;)
Emblem you win tourneys with marth how does he suck?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I don't win tournaments.

Also, M2K thinks Marth is bad. He has told me this in the past. So unless he changed his mind, I assume he still thinks this. So if Pit is as "good" as Marth according to him then he must not be "good" at all since he is comparing him to a character that he thinks is bad.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I guess your logic is correct but regardly of what jason said in the past his first words were “i think pit is high tier” than comparing to marth hes also saying marth is around high tier “more or less”. Right?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I think that ultimately it matters little since both Marth and Pit lack the tools to be top tier which means that in the end they don't matter.

nonemus

Smash Rookie
lawlz, pit and marth are not on the same lvl lol....

S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: (Mr. Game & Watch, King Dedede, Wario, Marth)
B: Lucario, Falco, (Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, ROB)
C: Kirby, (Pikachu, Ice Climbers), (Olimar, Pit, Peach); (Zero Suit Samus, Wolf)
D: (Ike, Sonic, Fox, Lucas); Pokémon Trainer; (Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Sheik, Zelda, SheikZelda, Bowser, Ness)
E: (Link, Yoshi, Samus, Mario), Luigi; Ganondorf; Captain Falcon

From Ankokus Character Ranking thread.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok, you see that list?

You see those two characters in S rank?

That's who matters.

lolz.

But seriously the Sacred Seven is as follows. MK, Snake, Dedede, G&W, Marth, Falco, and ROB. These are the 7 characters that matter the most in Brawl. Out of them MK and Snake dominate so the others while important, are still of lessar importance. MK and Snake win the most and after them there is a wide gap in wins between them and the rest of the Sacred seven.

Pit...is not a part of the Sacred Seven. and I doubt he ever will be. Overall he lacks the match-ups and the tools. He has some good attributes, but those seven are just better characters then him.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Its not asking for a tier list its asking how good pit is. Tiers is just the likeliness of that character winning a tournament, it doesnt say if the char is good or not. Personally i think falcon is good, but there are hardly any falcons so the tiers is low.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
That's...not how tiers work at all.

Tiers are a measurement of how good a character is in relation to the rest of the cast, when played at the highest level within human limits. And it's pretty easy to tell if a character will be good or not.

Look at that characters tools. Now compare that character's tools to the tools of the rest of the cast.

CF's tools are inferior to everyone elses. Therefore he is terrible.

So in short, a characters tier position is the same as how good they are.

kupo15

Smash Hero
well i think pit has the tools to be top tier. Snake really is no problem for Pit. That is a controversy but I stand by my opinion and others agree that Pit counters snake and that he isnt broken. MK is about the hardest matchup and everyone else is either equal or in Pits favor. He has a lot of favorable matchups, prob the most consistent than anyone in the game.

If he didnt have the mirror shield, I would be agreeing with you.

I really dont understand the problem with snake. Yes he has ridiculous hitboxes and is very strong, but take away the tilts due to proper spacing and snake is nothing. Wingdashing really helps to space the tilts and the mirror shield combined with the wind push from the Up b reflect grenades, disarms Dsmash, Angel ring counters Usmash, he can chase snakes off the stage, shoot an arrow that knocks snake from the cypher if he goes too high resulting in death.

The biggest prob is MK but he can be countered with the mirror shield, not easily though. Pit can reflect Robs projectiles, Mirror his Nairs....I could go on forever ^_^

Top Bottom