• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does samus do against pit?

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
look at samus vs pit videos for a first =)

i know i have a few, so does jasona i think, a lot of us do!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
What are you to do? You can shed off the Varia Suit if you know how. Or, you can know who you're going up against and figure out how to defeat Pit.

If Pit uses his Angel Ring, either do a neutral A or n-air to cancel it out. You could also grab him with the Grappling Beam and punish him a few times with Samus' Chozo Chop before throwing him in whatever direction. If Pit comes at you with the Angel Ring, and if you're caught in it, DI out of it.

If Pit uses his Mirror Shield, and if you're close, try to grab him. You could also try to use Homing Missiles and hope that they'll hit him from above. In this battle, Homing Missiles are your friend, because they are annoying to your opponent, and if they are reflected by the Mirror Shield, you won't have to worry about shielding, dodging, or evading the attack.

Does Samus' d-air work effectively against Pit's u-air? Test it out in Training Mode before fighting the person who plays as Pit. If it works, use it. If not, don't. Is Pit getting too close to you? Lay some Bombs. If he decides to jump over these, jump with him and drop Bombs. Be sure to move away from the direction of your opponent.

If Pit tries to fly away, and if you're like Tudor, blast the fellow with a fully charged Charge Shot. If he tries to fly to the other side, run to that side and try out a d-air. I d-air ya! ;) Also trick Pit into thinking that you're going to use the Charge Shot. Keep him guessing so that whe the time is right, you can blast him. Who knows, if he hits you off the stage and you're going to return, try blasting him with the Charge Shot.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You're probably best off watching the 200 (probably not an exaggeration) of Jasona vs. UndrDog. He's a Samus, I'm a Pit. We have SO many matches online you can actually watch (if you have no life, lol) how each of us progress. When I find a new technique he slowly creates a method of getting around it. When I get faster, he either gets faster or manages to slow me down. These things can actually be witnessed by watching our matches.

In the end, I think hitting up Jasona is your best bet. I doubt any Samus player has played against Pit as much as him. And from what I've seen of other Samusesieses... his fighting style actually shows it's been polished by fighting Pit.

EDIT: I was reading the post above me and I have to say tat laying bombs will only get you creamed. The bombs are on a timer and any decent player knows that. You can ignore the bombs, F-Smash Samus while she's in ball form, then move out of the way or shield the bomb.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
And from what I've seen of other Samusesieses... his fighting style actually shows it's been polished by fighting Pit.
I like how you credit yourself for why Jasona is so good. That's just awesome. And I don't mean that in any bad sense. Since I'd probably be the same if me and my friend were still in highschool and had time to brawl.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
EDIT: I was reading the post above me and I have to say tat laying bombs will only get you creamed. The bombs are on a timer and any decent player knows that. You can ignore the bombs, F-Smash Samus while she's in ball form, then move out of the way or shield the bomb.
I suppose that I am not a decent player then. The question is, How can you f-smash against an opponent who is moving away from Pit, since Pit remains in one area while performing f-smash? A dash attack would be a different story.

Jasona

Smash Ace
the best advice is to watch the most recent me vs undr matches.
if the pit ever puts up his reflective shield, run in really close and fsmash/dtilt through it. when i first realized that pits shield doesn't protect him at close range, i smiled alot because it feels so good to punch someone who thinks hes invincible. some other useful stuff would be to SH airdodge towards a spammy pit and zair out of the airdodge once the arrows past.
most of the time you shouldn't use smash attacks, they're too slow and have horrible range. whenever you would normally smash, dtilt and get a charge blast while he flies away. ummm... zairing is good and with those multiple jumps pit has you can zair him more than most chars. generally you just need to learn to be faster, powershield to dtilt. that video i made shows some things you can do to break pit, that might help too.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Dryn: Shield Dash -> F-Smash. Or even taking a step or two first would probably suffice.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dryn: Shield Dash -> F-Smash. Or even taking a step or two first would probably suffice.
I'll have to watch those videos between you and Jasona. My main is Samus, but my alternative is Pit. :) Speaking of Pit, I went against a spammer yesterday. He camped and kept spamming his arrows. That coward. I guess he returned again, because I was playing as Fox, and I was fighting against Pikachu and Pit. Both were obviously against me, since they didn't even attack each other. We got Sudden Death, and I won! Ha! Shows how much better I am than those spammer/campers will ever be! Hehe. (Forgive my rant, but I feel really good knowing that I won.)

Doctor

Smash Rookie
Against a friend of mine who plays Pit I've found that a short hop into a fast fall Z-air is a great way to cut through the arrow spam, since the grapple not only stops the arrow but if you are in range can hit pit. Also I've found that trying to come down on top of pit using D-air does not work so well because both Pit's up smash and his up air have a bit more reach. Beyond that I would try to get him the air and rack damage using an up air and forward air, and finish him off using either back air, or a forward smash. Unfortunately in this match up due to Pit's excellent recovery you can't just gimp him off the level easily, so you really have to send him flying to kill him.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'll have to watch those videos between you and Jasona. My main is Samus, but my alternative is Pit. :) Speaking of Pit, I went against a spammer yesterday. He camped and kept spamming his arrows. That coward. I guess he returned again, because I was playing as Fox, and I was fighting against Pikachu and Pit. Both were obviously against me, since they didn't even attack each other. We got Sudden Death, and I won! Ha! Shows how much better I am than those spammer/campers will ever be! Hehe. (Forgive my rant, but I feel really good knowing that I won.)
You know you're only saying that because Samus can't do it herself anymore. lol /joking

~Charge Blasts under the stage when Pit is recovering.
~Arrow Chasing can be nerfed by a Air Dodge into Zair (the point of Arrow Chasing is to force your opponent to dodge at a bad time, getting them hit. However not only can Samus cancel her Air Dodge, she does it with the move that devastates Pit the most.
~Zair eats Arrows.
~F-Smash is powerful and can break through Pit's Shield
~Screw attack protects from above.
~Screw Attack + Zair Grapple makes it dangerous for Pit to try to go off the edge after Samus. Even with a Wing Renewal.

Yep! If Samus was any good she'd counter Pit for sure. /lol BURN

Crystanium

Smash Hero
UndrDog said:
Screw Attack + Zair Grapple [...]
Stop here. It's impossible to use the Screw Attack and then the z-air. When you use the Screw Attack, you cannot do anything after, until you land on the ground or grab onto the edge.

By the way, your list of what Samus can do, that reminds me of a fellow who mains Samus. He's one of my favorites.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Dryn I think that was more just saying that both of them separately are good edge guards. Not referring to a combo or chain.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
What I meant was, both of those recovery options make it difficult for Pit to nerf Samus' recovery. Pit is best when he Wing Renewals while still on the stage. Mean dropping from the edge to edgeguard is difficult for him and potentially dangerous.

With this in mind, imagine you're Pit and a Samus is trying to recover. You could Wing Renewal (Which for those of you not familiar with Pit, is the act of touching the ground during the Wings of Icarus so that after you attack out of the WoI you retain all of your recovery options) and chase after him. However a Zair will knock you back before you approach him. Going high to avoid exposes Pit's weak side, and going beneath gives Samus a chance to jump higher to avoid your reach.

Next let's say you stay on the stage or close to it to stop Samus at the last possible moment. In this instance the Zair can grapple the stage and teleport Samus to the edge. The resulting invincibility puts Pit at a grave disadvantage now.

Next option is to grab the edge so the Grapple won't work. With this Pit has lost his recovery bonus given by the Wing Renewal and must now drop in order to reach Samus. This is dangerous as I'm sure you all know that Samus' screw attack is a beast of a move. ore often then not Pit will get caught in this attack and could potentially get thrown into the stage and to his death. Even if this results in minimal damage to Pit, Samus is unharmed and now grabbing the edge. Again invincible and putting Pit at a disadvantage. However now Pit is also lower then the Stage and cannot grab the edge. He is now forced to either go underneath the stage to the other side, or try to rise back up and over the edge without getting hit out of his WoI. As we all know, Samus has MANY attacks that can reach Pit during his WoI.

The only real shot Pit has is this. Grab the edge as he's grappling. Let him miss and fall. When you see Samus start her screw attack, let go and immediately WoI. Hopefully you'll either grab the edge and regain invincibility, or Wing Shove Samus back down. (Wing Shoving refers to the damageless knock-back that expels in from Pit during the start-up animation of the WoI.

So in the end Pit has a VERY difficult time against a Samus who understands how Pit works.

Top Bottom