• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How does one cure motion sickness? - Cloud Q&A Thread

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I was thinking about creating a new thread about "favorite" Cloud moves, but I'm not sure if it warrants its' own thread or if it's better off being posted on the social thread. What sounds more appropriate?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've been told that you can spotdodge or even roll before Limit Forward-B's third hit, and if I'm doing the math correctly, that shouldn't be possible. Do Cloud's Forward-B (especially Limit Forward-B) hits have any hitlag multipliers? Are they treated as projectiles (and therefore have lowered shieldstun)? Or is my informant just wrong?

Heracr055

Smash Ace
How do Cloud players feel about the Toon Link MU? I've read that he's considered a tough MU but I wanted to get feedback from the more experienced Cloud users. I really appreciate your community's help on this!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey dudes, I'm trying to collect a bunch of quick easy info graphics on essential character knowledge to make a quick reference guide for commentators (we all hate it when a commentator says something that is wrong)
This shulk thing here is an example of the kinda stuff I am looking for

I'm going around to all the character boards and it'll be a little messy for me to try and check them all, so if you have any cool things like that, or just some useful info that I could turn into a similar picture, please send me a message. Cheers lads.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
So after watching the most recent video uploaded by Beefy Smash Doods, I decided to do some testing with footstool stuff and characters that my cousin and I use and I came across something pretty awesome for Cloud. He can get Limit Cross Slash off of a grounded footstool on some characters. I first found this out on :4bowserjr: but I decided to test some more relevant characters and it works on certain others too. I've only tested :4bowserjr::4diddy::4fox::4mewtwo: and :4sheik: so far but all 5 hits connect on :4bowserjr: and :4mewtwo:. It doesn't work on :4diddy: (neither does Mewtwo's infinite because his animation for being footstooled goes so damn low) and I was able to get the last 3 hits on :4sheik: and :4fox:. Concerned that that may not be true, I made a control setup for b sticking and tried again on :4sheik: and got the last 4 hits instead of the last 3.

Is this known and furthermore, is it a true kill confirm for Cloud?

Any updates on this? Amazing if it's true

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Any updates on this? Amazing if it's true
I never got around to testing it on every character but it shouldn't be too hard. I'll get around to it later today and likely edit this post with the results. Should be far less exhausting than the extensive Roy labbing I've been doing.

Edit:
Results
0:4wario::4diddy::4palutena:
1:4zelda:**
2:4peach:*:4wario:*:4link:**:4palutena:
3:4bowser:**:rosalina:**:4dk:*:4sheik:**:4ganondorf:**:4tlink:**:4samus:**:4pit:**:4palutena:
4:4yoshi:*:4wario:*:4dk:*:4gaw:*:4littlemac:**:4marth:*
5:4mario:*:4luigi:*:4bowserjr:**:4wario:*:4gaw:*:4littlemac:**:4zss:**:4marth:*

*must aim where they are facing if buffered out of a footstool. May be able to move after footstool and land it on their back
**must aim away from where they are facing if buffered out of footstool.

These were all just quick tests with footstool to b sticked LCS facing the same and the opposite direction as the character. May get better or worse results by moving after the footstool but then the LCS will come out a bit slower and you gotta quickly snap the control stick back to face the opponent to LCS in the right direction.

:4wario: appears 4 times because I kept getting inconsistent results on him. Never landed any hits aiming for his back and when aiming for his front, I sometimes missed, sometimes got 2 hits, sometimes got 4 and sometimes got 5. No idea why. Timing may have been off but that's a wide amount of variance for something as simple as a failed :GCRT: -> :GCCL: input.

More inconsistency with :4dk:. Typing this as I'm testing. Basically, if they appear more than once then either I'm bad at this or there's some timing to it. Don't believe there's anything rng about footstool or footstooled animations or LCS.

:4zelda: Doesn't get hit by the killing blow so it may as well be 0
More inconsistencies with :4palutena:. I swear the 0s were from Cloud moving even though I wasn't touching the control stick. Wondering if the right stick set to special still allows movement like what it does with bidou. Oddly enough, she is the first character I was able to hit no matter what side I hit, albeit inconsistently.

Gonna take a break for now. Will resume with :4myfriends: later today. Gonna clean this up when I'm done. Use something better than asterisks and double asterisks to tell front and back hits. Maybe F and B instead.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
How fast is limit cloud? Who does he outspeed with the extra boost to run speed?

Also, what are some good death combos into 1.1.5 finishing touch?

The Dismisser

Smash Rookie
So quick question to the Cloud boards: Why/how/when is it practical to use Fair as a landing option? I've been noticing Komo/M2K do this and it seems illogical since it has enough startup and end lag where it can get shut down or punished (reliably) by most fast characters.

Edit: as for Limit Cloud's run speed, I don't remember but according to Kurogane Hammer he now (slightly) outruns Mew2, Sheik, Charizard, and Greninja/ties with ZSS, who used to outspeed him by a very small amount. For air speed, the differences are even more slight between characters but he does become the fastest in the air w/Limit.

As for combos into Finishing Touch nowadays, it can be done out of Dair, Uair, Nair at really specific percent windows, but the slightest DI or rage factor could throw it off. I recommend tech chasing when underneath a platform-bound opponent (i.e. on Battlefield) or punishing a missed tech Nair... Depending on your playstyle you might me more or less inclined to go for it. Personally, I only go for it when I'm desperate and NEED an early KO to make a comeback possible.

Hope this helps! If anyone has advice on the whole landing Fair thing I'd really appreciate it, thanks :)

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Well it has been a long while sense I have done any smash training... life happened a lot. Ready to get back into taking this game a tad more seriously than others. Any suggestions for A. Instructional Videos B. Players to watch?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
How can I gimp this funny character?
I'm genuinely curious about this, I always end up getting hit with climhazard's hitbox.
I can only reliable gimp when I am Cloud myself. But what about characters like Sonic?

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Can some one offer tips on how to deal with Pikachu and Sheik?
What are some good utilt combos?
When is the right time to use fair out of a short hop and when do I fast fall it?
What is the right way to recover against characters like Mario without being screwed over super early?

Also.....I didn't know I double posted, ah crap.

Last edited:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Can some one offer tips on how to deal with Pikachu and Sheik?
What are some good utilt combos?
When is the right time to use fair out of a short hop and when do I fast fall it?
What is the right way to recover against characters like Mario without being screwed over super early?

Also.....I didn't know I double posted, ah crap.
-Someone more versed in these matchups is more qualified to answer than I am.
-UTilt to Uair is variable entirely on percent. Practice in the lab.
-I prefer to Fair when landing. Retreating only, or going for a well-timed edgeguard
-Stick your Climhazzard into the ledge (snap the ledge) or go over Mario. Mixup if he doesn't have charged FLUDD for a freebie recovery.

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
Any tips for handling the :4sonic: match-up as :4cloud:? I tend to struggle with this one because of a lot of :4sonic: player's campy playstyles for means of defensive play.

Top Bottom