• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How does one cure motion sickness? - Cloud Q&A Thread

Stylin'

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been asked, but I haven't seen it yet on this Q&A. Is cloud's AC Dair still possible while in limit form? I can't seem to get it. Just started learning cloud and I'm struggling with autocancelling the dair into finishing touch. I tried it on its own with and without limit and it doesn't seem possible with it active. Do you have to do it differently while in limit form?

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
It's still possible to do AC dair in limit landing lag is not affected when he is in limit. So it should be the same way.

Stylin'

Smash Rookie
It's still possible to do AC dair in limit landing lag is not affected when he is in limit. So it should be the same way.
That's really strange, as I can't act out of it straight away like I want to with limit charged. Any explanation?

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
All that you need to do is make sure that you land after the sword stops glowing and it should auto cancel. If you land on the ground a couple of frames after it stops glowing and you true combo off of AC dair to cross slash of finishing touch you doing it right.

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
Is it bad to grab alot with cloud since he is weak to shield and go for up throws alot and pressure with upairs? As long as you aren't being to too predictable with your grabs?

Stylin'

Smash Rookie
All that you need to do is make sure that you land after the sword stops glowing and it should auto cancel. If you land on the ground a couple of frames after it stops glowing and you true combo off of AC dair to cross slash of finishing touch you doing it right.
Yea it's working, just a training mode issue for some reason

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
So what does cloud mainly need to do against sheik? Mainly I think that cloud should throw out his most safest moves out of shield and focus less on approaching shiek because sheik can get in on cloud because of her faster frame data.

Stylin'

Smash Rookie
What are Cloud's best options to knock away Luma?
I'd like to say dash attack because of knockback and damage, but it's still unsafe on shield. If you can go for a safe one then by all means. I'd also say neutral B as most projectiles seem to help damage Luma, as she kind of acts like a shield. Maybe side b would work, but I'm not too knowledgeable on this matchup. A good strategy for defeating Luma would be to just attack her with high damage moves when Rosa's offstage, so any smashes will take almost all of her health. The easiest way to defeat Luma is knocking her off, so I'd go for high knockback over high damage. Jab and forward air would also work well by this principle along with dash attack and smashes.

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
I think I have been hitting a major plateau with cloud again. One question I want to ask his clouds nair how do you do it safely along with back air.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I think I have been hitting a major plateau with Cloud again. One question I want to ask is Cloud's Nair. How do you use it safely along with back air?
Spacing. Nair and Bair have incredible range and are really safe when spaced. Learning how to properly space with these moves will benefit you greatly.

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Yes. Some people know how to Limit Up B through the ledge and hit a potential edgeguarder rather than snapping the ledge.
Hold down as you pass the ledge with LB Climhazzard and Cloud will fly past it.

Last edited:

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
So how does cloud need to played in order to be played at fall potential? I know that spacing and pressure are to great things and charging limit but was else?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
So how does cloud need to played in order to be played at fall potential? I know that spacing and pressure are to great things and charging limit but was else?
You're playing a defensive game until you strike, and then you go in. You're baiting people out and running them into Dairs, Uair juggles, tomahawk grabs, or playing a grounded approach and baiting dashgrabs with jabs and DTilts.

When you've got them at kill percent, like 90% or so, and you fail your first Limit Cross Slash, simply run away and charge it again. Force their approach, and when they get to you, do jabs or something like a BThrow to get them off of you and repeat as necessary. If that fails, repeat.

When you get them past 125% or so, then you can start working away at kill moves, like Bair and Uair, which are safer and take less commitment.

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
You're playing a defensive game until you strike, and then you go in. You're baiting people out and running them into Dairs, Uair juggles, tomahawk grabs, or playing a grounded approach and baiting dashgrabs with jabs and DTilts.

When you've got them at kill percent, like 90% or so, and you fail your first Limit Cross Slash, simply run away and charge it again. Force their approach, and when they get to you, do jabs or something like a BThrow to get them off of you and repeat as necessary. If that fails, repeat.

When you get them past 125% or so, then you can start working away at kill moves, like Bair and Uair, which are safer and take less commitment.
Thx for the tips Rango. I knew that cloud is more meant for defensive gameplay.

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
What are some of Cloud's reliable confirms into Limit specials? I'm from a Fox background, so the fact that most of my kills with Cloud so far come from hard reads feels a bit odd, for lack of a better word.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
What are some of Cloud's reliable confirms into Limit specials? I'm from a Fox background, so the fact that most of my kills with Cloud so far come from hard reads feels a bit odd, for lack of a better word.
Not a combo confirm, but for starters, you can always fire Limit Blade Beam right under the ledge after knocking someone offstage.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How many frames are there between the last frame of the upward hit of (non-limit) Up-B and the frame Cloud can grab the ledge?

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
Does someone know of the formula that determines how far the Limit gauge fills every time you hit someone or get hit?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Does someone know of the formula that determines how far the Limit gauge fills every time you hit someone or get hit?
1% per damage received for a total of 100% to fill it all
0.4% per damage dealt for a total of 250% to fill it all

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Hi guys, I'm new to this board.
I've played Cloud for a while, and now he's my main, cos I love his combination of speed and power and range.
However, I'm having a heckload of trouble landing his meteor Fair.I don't use it a lot, but when I do,it just produces it's other knockback instead.Rarely,I get it by pure luck.It's irritating,especially when I have a good read but don't land it.
Is there a specific point on the sword? Or a frame? Please help me out.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hi guys, I'm new to this board.
I've played Cloud for a while, and now he's my main, cos I love his combination of speed and power and range.
However, I'm having a heckload of trouble landing his meteor Fair.I don't use it a lot, but when I do,it just produces it's other knockback instead.Rarely,I get it by pure luck.It's irritating,especially when I have a good read but don't land it.
Is there a specific point on the sword? Or a frame? Please help me out.

The blue hitbox is the one that spikes. Note that it only spikes airborne opponents and is instead a 60° launch against grounded ones. Also note that it doesn't move with the sword.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577

The blue hitbox is the one that spikes. Note that it only spikes airborne opponents and is instead a 60° launch against grounded ones. Also note that it doesn't move with the sword.
So just to clarify, it's in the middle of the swing, in the middle of the sword? Thanks!

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
How should I be using nair in neutral?

AC nair is hard to connect on grounded opponents.
Not sure of falling nair's safety on shield.

Also, what are the benefits of using RAR nair? I know the hitbox comes out first in the back, but the hitbox seems really high relative to where the opponent is likely to be.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
So just to clarify, it's in the middle of the swing, in the middle of the sword? Thanks!
The best way to get a feel for fair spiking is to do it yourself. Go do a local match vs a level one bot, and try to kill a bot with a fair spike. Try until you fail and when you do, finish the match, save the replay, and watch the replay. Pause right at the point where you spike, and using that info, practice it now on training mode over and over until you get it. It
Not sure of falling nair's safety on shield.
No not really. The only aerial that is pretty safe on shield if spaced after uair got nerfed is bair. Some characters can perfect shield bair and punish if you spam is predictably.

Also, what are the benefits of using RAR nair?
You use it pretty much in situations where bair isn't fast enough to hit, or you want a longer lasting/bigger hit box. It's also actually better than bair for edge guarding imo.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That sketch was a bit lazier than I remembered it being, sorry. The spike hitbox is lower and smaller than that. This is accurate:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
How many of Cloud's moves are safe on block? Is his Uair in particular still safe after its nerf (I think it was originally +1 on shield?)?

Journal

Smash Apprentice
How does one cancel limit charge without bringing up a shield? I'm doing it as fast as I do it for melee sheik needles and it's not working.

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
How does one cancel limit charge without bringing up a shield? I'm doing it as fast as I do it for melee sheik needles and it's not working.
You can cancel limit without shielding/rolling/airdodging at any time by pressing B again while it's charging.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Wanted to ask in the matchup thread, but it's been inactive for a while, so I don't want to double-post in it.

Anyway, how does Cloud win the Rosalina matchup? What does he have to do to make her suffer?

Also, best stage to avoid is FD, I'm guessing? Her ability to catch landings with an intangible USmash is very deadly.

IcyWind

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tenshiiicywind
To fight Rosa you pretty much have to get rid of luma first,otherwise you're going to get knocked out of your strings pretty often. For me the best way to do that is cross slash and back air, spaced to the point where if rosa is shielding its barely hitting her and mostly getting luma. If she does something unsafe and you're able to punish with dash attack, go for it, that'll send luma off the edge depending on where you are on the stage, and if not its pretty good damage. Other than that, just play super patient. Charge, shield, roll/jump away, just be aware of what she wants to do. You're not really in danger of your shield breaking so long as you don't sit and take lumas jabs endlessly.

Once luma's gone, you've got 13 seconds to do as much damage as possible. If she's shielding a lot, hit her with back airs till its low enough that she risks it breaking. If you manage to pop her up, bait out the dair/airdodge and punish accordingly. If she ever decides to up b, offstage LCS if its available. If not you can try going for the fair spike or just hit her with nair/dair, she has no hurtbox/invincibility on that move so your goal is to make her regret needing it. Her aerials have good spacing, so try not to get in too close.

Also yeah, against rosa FD is probably the worst choice.

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
How many of Cloud's moves are safe on block? Is his Uair in particular still safe after its nerf (I think it was originally +1 on shield?)?
Im not sure if falling up air is safe to do actually its bair AC dair are usually the safe moves to go for mostly

D

Deleted member

What should be a good way to play neutral with Cloud? What are his most optimal options for spacing, and his punishes when not in Limit?

Besides Mew2King, Tweek and Ned, which other Cloud players should I pay attention to?

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
What true kill combos still exist, if any? I've been landing landing dair/uair to limit up-b, but besides that I haven't seen anything beyond 50/50s

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Does Cloud lose to anyone besides Shiek? What matchups does he go even in?
I asked this question in the past and since then, patches affected the meta by a lot. What characters does Cloud currently lose to and which characters does Cloud go even against?

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
are there any easy ways to pressure shield with cloud ?? his grab game is not great and i often play against a :4tlink: that like to sit in shield, i'm a scrubby little **** that pockets cloud so if it's demanding in terms of execution don't even bother.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So after watching the most recent video uploaded by Beefy Smash Doods, I decided to do some testing with footstool stuff and characters that my cousin and I use and I came across something pretty awesome for Cloud. He can get Limit Cross Slash off of a grounded footstool on some characters. I first found this out on :4bowserjr: but I decided to test some more relevant characters and it works on certain others too. I've only tested :4bowserjr::4diddy::4fox::4mewtwo: and :4sheik: so far but all 5 hits connect on :4bowserjr: and :4mewtwo:. It doesn't work on :4diddy: (neither does Mewtwo's infinite because his animation for being footstooled goes so damn low) and I was able to get the last 3 hits on :4sheik: and :4fox:. Concerned that that may not be true, I made a control setup for b sticking and tried again on :4sheik: and got the last 4 hits instead of the last 3.

Is this known and furthermore, is it a true kill confirm for Cloud?

Top Bottom