• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How does one cure motion sickness? - Cloud Q&A Thread

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Pretty much what the title says.

Ask any questions regarding Cloud here!

Buying and obtaining Cloud:

Basically done the same way as the previous DLC characters.

Since we are getting a bundle similar to Ryu, prices listed here will be based on that. Any official changes to pricing of Cloud + Midgar stage will be changed here as well:

NA: 3DS: $5.99
WiiU: $5.99
3DS + Wii U: $6.99

CA: 3DS: $7.49
WiiU: $7.49
3DS + Wii U: $8.79

MX: 3DS: $73.99
WiiU: $73.99
3DS + Wii U: $86.99

JP: 3DS: 650 yen
WiiU: 650 yen
3DS + Wii U: 750 yen:

AUS: 3DS: $7.80
WiiU: $7.80
3DS + Wii U: $9:10

NZ: 3DS: $10.20
WiiU: $10.20
3DS + Wii U: $11.90

GB: 3DS: £5.39
WiiU: £5.39
3DS + Wii U: £6.29

FR, ES, DE, IT, PT, NL, RU: 3DS: €5.99
WiiU: €5.99
3DS + Wii U: €6.99

Switzerland: 3DS: 8.40 CHF
Wii U: 8.40 CHF
3DS + Wii U 9.80 CHF

Russia: 3DS: 449 руб
Wii U: 449 руб
3DS + Wii U: 525 руб

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
One of the things bothering me about Cloud right now is the fact that his japanese voice is still used in the english trailer. There has yet to be any instance of a character who started off with a different language before getting their English voice in the final game.

Steve Burton is, of course, Cloud's English VA, and has been since the first Kingdom Hearts onward. He's obviously still doing it, as he voiced Cloud in the Re:Coded cutscenes in 2.5 HD Remix less than a year ago. There has yet to be a single instance of Cloud showing up without Steve on the english side of things. From smaller roles like Kingdom Hearts to an entire movie, he's been there.

With how far into development Cloud seems to be, I feel as though Steve might not be coming along for the ride this time. He hasn't even touched on it via Twitter or anything... so what do you guys think? Is he coming back, or is Cloud going to still be Japanese?

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Well, is the Japanese VA the same one as always?
sounds like they are just gonna use ether the jp vioce over or if it is in english it will use older voice clips. Cloud seems kinda late in development to suddenly have burton do new voice work and he might be busy doing other cloud voice work

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Is it just me or does cloud glow red at the end of the trailer?
People speculate that on the Midgar stage you sill collect materia to do the summons, Maybe when you get the Materia, you sill start to glow, or it could be that limit break is been charged. Take that with a grain of salt though, purely speculation

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Does anyone have any info at all regarding the December smash direct?
Besides that its in December? Nothing at all.

No stream date, no times, nothing so far. We might get something within the next few days or weeks, depending on when it does get live streamed.

Just something to think about though, the screen with the actual announcement said Super Smash Bros. without referencing Wii U/3DS. Maybe it could be about Smash as whole along with Smash 4 DLC info? Maybe, who knows.

Just something to think about :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This was Brawl, but Snake's E3 trailer had Japanese voices, and we got David Hayter in the end.
That's certainly a fair point.

I guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully sooner than later.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
How safe is dtilt? I've heard it is a good out of shield option. Does it pass through shields if you execute it on a shield?

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Has anyone calculated how much damage is needed to charge a limit break? You obviously get more of the meter charged when taking damage as opposed to dealing it. I'm getting 240-250% just by hitting the opponents and 120-125% by getting damaged (all in training mode ofc). So the rate at which you build meter seems to double if you get hit. Items don't seem to affect the amount of meter gained.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
How safe is dtilt? I've heard it is a good out of shield option. Does it pass through shields if you execute it on a shield?
If you space it then yes, it goes past the shield (sort of like MK's dash attack). Jab 3 sort of does the same thing (except you have to really be close to your opponent to slide past them).

GenG

Smash Lord
Is there a list of the ingame tips? They usually get datamined.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Shouldn't Omnislash be way stronger than Great Aether? I know this is pretty much irrelevant but seriously? Omnislash does 10% less than Great Aether...

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

So I've been SUPER HYPE for Cloud, because he feels so anime-ish and very similar to the swordsmen I love to play such as Marth, Ike, Shulk and Roy. I played him for a couple of matches with CPUs to test him, and I already fall in love with this character (so fun). I might not main him (might pick him as a secondary if Corrin and Bayonetta are very good), but I want to learn this character more. I do have trouble: when is the right time to use each special move when Limit Break is fully charged? Also, what is Cloud's ideal main playstyle and mindset that I need to know?

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
not sure where else to ask, but can the mods set up a video thread where players can see cloud in-tourney play or share helpful how-to/tutorial videos? i was going to start a thread, but i didn't want to clutter the board if you guys are going to make one anyway.

here's the first video i've seen of a cloud in tourney vs some notable players in WF:

and in GF:

amazing cloud play.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I agree, we need to make a thread dedicated to videos. This can help with development of Cloud's meta as well as give us some good examples for MU info.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Hi guys,

So I've been SUPER HYPE for Cloud, because he feels so anime-ish and very similar to the swordsmen I love to play such as Marth, Ike, Shulk and Roy. I played him for a couple of matches with CPUs to test him, and I already fall in love with this character (so fun). I might not main him (might pick him as a secondary if Corrin and Bayonetta are very good), but I want to learn this character more. I do have trouble: when is the right time to use each special move when Limit Break is fully charged? Also, what is Cloud's ideal main playstyle and mindset that I need to know?
So from what I've gathered from using him and playing others, the optimal style for cloud is to abuse his neutral game, spacing and punishing any non disjointed hitboxes with your HEFTY BLADE. Charge limit when possible and once you've achieved limit break go on the offensive a bit more looking to land a break on the opponent.

They all are great in their own way, with beam being intangible and having decent power. Great for punishing projectiles or nailing easy kills offstage. Slash is fast and kills super well, stuffing spotdodges and even if it whiffs, you have practically no endlag and can quickly carry on the offensive. Climhazzard tramples moves and can get early surprise kills off the top since few people seem to use it offensively.

And then there's finishing touch. Oh, the opponent hit 65%? Nair/late dair/falling uair into FT for an easy kill.

Don't forget that when you've got limit charged, you get a minor buffs so don't be afraid to keep yourself in that state until the optimal moment pops up to use a break.

Kulty

Smash Ace
So from what I've gathered from using him and playing others, the optimal style for cloud is to abuse his neutral game, spacing and punishing any non disjointed hitboxes with your HEFTY BLADE. Charge limit when possible and once you've achieved limit break go on the offensive a bit more looking to land a break on the opponent.

They all are great in their own way, with beam being intangible and having decent power. Great for punishing projectiles or nailing easy kills offstage. Slash is fast and kills super well, stuffing spotdodges and even if it whiffs, you have practically no endlag and can quickly carry on the offensive. Climhazzard tramples moves and can get early surprise kills off the top since few people seem to use it offensively.

And then there's finishing touch. Oh, the opponent hit 65%? Nair/late dair/falling uair into FT for an easy kill.

Don't forget that when you've got limit charged, you get a minor buffs so don't be afraid to keep yourself in that state until the optimal moment pops up to use a break.
Thank you so much. I appreciate those tips. I mainly use Climhazzard Limit Break version as a surprise out-of-shield option, since I think it's great to punish opponents who don't space their moves properly. I try to save Limit Break most of the time in case if I can't recover. Speaking of recovery, does using the Beam provides a slight horizontal boost while in the air? Okay, will try to implement them into Cloud's gameplay. Also, from what I gathered, it seems that Cloud will mostly struggle against rushdown characters, because they won't let time for Cloud to recharge his Limit Break. While it's not that bad since you can charge it while dealing and taking damage, I still think it's a huge deal that Cloud needs to be able to charge his Limit Break for maximum usage. Also, his moves are quite easy to punish. Plus, characters with good edgeguarding abilities will have no problem gimping Cloud due to his crappy recovery if he doesn't have Limit Break.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I'm having a hard time seeing falling Dair as a practical starter, to be honest. I'd rather use aerials to create space with Nair.

Uair seems decent. Almost like Mario's, but a little slower.

Izaw

Smash Ace
I've heard that Cloud has invisibility frames on his Limit break specials, I haven't seen it though, nor have I seen frame data on it. Can someone confirm and show me the frame data for Clouds invisibility frames?

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I'm baffled with Cloud's recovery up B. During FG games, he misses the edge because he does an Ike and slams back down after the peak of his up b. I can't recreate this in training, what the heck is happening?

abx

Smash Journeyman
His UpB consists of two moves, each requiring it's own B-button input. If you hit the B-button twice, Cloud crushes down with his sword the way he got up, creating a very small shock wave on ground.
It's dangerous on edges: If you approach from below and use UpB, Cloud misses the edge on his way down most likely, making his way straight to the blast zone. He can grab the ledge on his way down if you use UpB2 right after you jump out of cliffhanging (more or less on the same height), which can be used in mix ups against edge guarding opponents. At least right now, when Cloud's new and all, some people on FG (at least) don't see the second slash coming.
In short: When you try to recover be careful to not hit the B-button too often.

Puttaters

Smash Cadet
How would one argue that Cloud's limit charge and finishing touch attack killing earlier than pre-patched characters, is not brain dead?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm baffled with Cloud's recovery up B. During FG games, he misses the edge because he does an Ike and slams back down after the peak of his up b. I can't recreate this in training, what the heck is happening?
If you want to grab the ledge with Cloud, it is imperative that you don't press Up B after pressing B again.

Pressing B again makes you go straight down (like Ike) but because Sakurai reasons he cannot grab the ledge.

So just press it once an once only, otherwise you are dead :v

How would one argue that Cloud's limit charge and finishing touch attack killing earlier than pre-patched characters, is not brain dead?
Finishing Touch doesn't have that much range, nor does it have any sort of invincibility or super armour.

You can literally grab him out out of FT once the attack has been activated and not get hit.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
When it comes to being braindead, I only think of:4ness:(WHY HE HASN'T BEING NERFED IN THIS PATCH? Sakurai please) and :4diddy:before patch 1.0.6, not even pre-patch:4luigi:(imo, because he struggles to get the grab against many characters due to him being a bit slow and poor range).

Anyway, setting up FT is pretty difficult. Not gonna lie, but you will miss it a lot if you use it in neutral. I can only see FT being good only for hard reads, covering ledge options (credits to ZeRo) and even good in doubles if you partner throws your opponent at you and you finish it off with FT (credits to M2K).

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Is there a difference in lag between cancelling LB charge with shield vs cancelling it with B (special)? For example, would it be faster to cancel LB charge with shield -> jump -> bair or cancel LB charge with B-> jump -> bair?

Pixel_

Smash Ace
What moves are safe on shield? Mostly wondering about aerials of course.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
What's the best ways to make use of limit? I find Cloud really rewarding and satisfying when you build it up AND you hit someone with one of your specials. So in Free for alls I go for hits with limits a LOT as I can build it up quickly.

Though in 1 on 1s is it better keep hold of the limit for the boost in movement? (Also does attack get boosted?)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
What moves are safe on shield? Mostly wondering about aerials of course.
Most of Cloud's moves are unsafe on shield, although FAir and DAir are safer than most. It really just depends on your position with the latter two.

Arrei

Smash Lord
What determines the victor on a Climhazzard suicide spike, is it character weight, fall speed, percent, or the portion of the active frames that connects? I've landed it on a Falco and Falcon and killed them first, while Cloud died first when I landed it on a DK and a Ganon.

Top Bottom