• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do YOU use link?

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
I stray from using ground smashes and focus more on tilts and aerials. I also use projectiles up close, and occasional bomb.

siggyx4scythe

Smash Rookie
hmm, i play link

mainly using projectiles to cover/control approach

shffl fairs, bairs and using nairs at high percentage

in addition, i usually try to improvise grab combos. dont like to wavedash (hard enough for me anyway), so i spend most of my time shfflling

Blessed

Smash Rookie
My style of play varies on the stage:

If im playing in a stage with a lot of space, I'll zone my opponent with boomarang and bomb fire, slowly pushing him towards the edge for a clean nair or fair. If I play in a small stage, then I'll mainly focus and combos, grappling, and the like. Of course if need be I'll try to mix it up.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
My style of play varies on the stage:

If im playing in a stage with a lot of space, I'll zone my opponent with boomarang and bomb fire, slowly pushing him towards the edge for a clean nair or fair. If I play in a small stage, then I'll mainly focus and combos, grappling, and the like. Of course if need be I'll try to mix it up.
Bad idea. That way your opponent can use levels to their advantage and force you to play a certain way while they pick apart your strategy.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i use ALL the projectiles i have, bombs, arrows, boomerang. Bomb into forward short hop smash boomerang followed by a short hop arrow, then grab, up throw, utilt, neutral a's, grab up throw, fair/bair, grab down throw, spinslash!

Its about the spam that leads into combos!

Blessed

Smash Rookie
Bad idea. That way your opponent can use levels to their advantage and force you to play a certain way while they pick apart your strategy.
Not really. Thats why I said:

Of course if need be I'll try to mix it up
Besides, if they crack that stratagy, I have another lined up and ready. Its all a vicous cycle really :laugh:

Dragonstar101

Smash Journeyman
Well i havent read any previous pages but I can tell you this....
The way I play link is pure mindgame. Nintendo must have thought
about this char before any because the many different things you can do with
link is amazing! I mean c'mon. You've got bombs, boomerangs, arrows, what else
can you give him??? So.....many....mindgames....

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Well i havent read any previous pages but I can tell you this....
The way I play link is pure mindgame. Nintendo must have thought
about this char before any because the many different things you can do with
link is amazing! I mean c'mon. You've got bombs, boomerangs, arrows, what else
can you give him??? So.....many....mindgames....

qft ...........................

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Not really. Thats why I said:

Besides, if they crack that stratagy, I have another lined up and ready. Its all a vicous cycle really :laugh:
Oh, you made it sound like that was your only strategy. If you have another one up your sleeve, then you're not completely screwed.

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
my link consists item items and more items (unless it a tiny lvl such as FoD or yoshis story)

my most used moves would probably be the boomerang and bomb.

i usually throw my items in special patterns so that way i can easily predict where they will be if they get hit or even if the dodge, i know the only few directions they can take to go around them. that makes me very difficult to approach.

when it comes to close combat i usually prefer links standard AAA or D smash and SHFFLED Fairs and Nairs.

when it comes to the edge guard game i usually go for a sex kick off the stage but if they seem like theyre going to go too high in their recovery i just use my UP B.

thats my link in a nutshell. it works fairly well against most players i come across, but it still needs work.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
I usually try to set my opponents up with a Spin Whirling Blade Attack by using my boomerang or waiting until they come back from the edge.

The rest is just grab combos and mid distance fighting.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
My strategy: If you knew what it was, i would have to kill you.
My skills 1 - 10: 2 (No kidding, i seriously do suck...)
My objective: to make a fool of myself as i die miserably to a fox who wont STOP FRIGGIN SHINING ME!
Favorite tactic: <3 Bombs.. and boomerang.. and up+B... oh, and edgegaurding... oh, and a bunch of other crap i don't want to get into.
Yes, im just getting into link, i find link a very fun character

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
how do i use link? you ask. the answer is simple: to the best of my abilities; experience is everything.

lazyGenius

Smash Rookie
well if your new with link and looking for advise its simple dont give up link to you give him a solid try he's not a character you can just pick up on a weekend and pwn with. as for the way i prefer to use my link well like most i like to controll the stage useing projectials but i like to follow up with a shffl atk

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
Ehh....I've changed up my game slightly

Now...

I camp.
I spam. (A LOT)
I wait for openings.
Projectile combos (combos that start with a projectile that connects)
Uair is amazing and if done correctly can take a ton of percent on fast fallers.

moves i rely on: 1. SPAM projectiles like crazy. 2. Spam nair like crazy. 3. Projectile game, grab combos, Bomb hit to dair to kill floaties. / dash attack, dsmash, late - unexpected fairs and upB to kill fast fallers (if you how, you can combo them to oblivion with dash attack/dsmash combos) 4. Gimping people off the edge and having a very good edge guarding game. 5. Up B out of shield

i also like to throw in charged Fsmashes as an edge guard. It throws A LOT of people off gaurd and they roll or get up right into the second hit.

I play VERY different in torny than friendlies.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
I don't main Link. But when I'm forced to use his royal slowness, I'll launch them with a dsmash, throw in a couple bair/nairs, and finish off with a dair/uair or Up+B. Other then that, feed the opponent boomerangs.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
I basically throw boomerangs when they are far from me. When they get closer I throw bombs. If the bomb connects I'll shffl a fair or nair and then grab them. Follow up with an up throw and juggle with uair. I usually try to keep my distance and rack up damage while they can't touch me, unless they have projectiles too. In which case I would try more shffls and grabs.

Top Bottom