• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you make a crew or join one?

Aggressive Possum

Smash Rookie
Hello people, I am new here and would like to know how to make or join a crew, do I need approval first? I will be happy to get your assistance, thank you . Would anyone also be willing to let me join theirs?

Edit 421* My name is dave, what is you all?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
usually crews are made up of friends
most of the time people dont just let some random new guy into their crew just because he asked
to be in a crew, make some friends.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Crews sorta happen on their own. Becoming a part of a crew usually starts by locating and existing crew and practice with them for a bit. Sooner or later you will end up being friends and you will be a part of it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I will clarify some things:

There are at least two different kinds of crews:
1) Competitive Crews
2) Casual Crews

For Competitive Crews:
A competitive crew will usually only accept members that are in the same skill range as them.
People have better chances of being accepted if they play a character that no one else in the crew plays. Crews don't accept usually annoying kids unless they are really good.
Crews are almost always formed based on location. They want to be able to practice together often.
Asking crew members if you can be part of their crew is probably not a good idea. If you want to join a crew, try and get together and practice with them as often as possible. If you are good enough, they will want you in their crew, and ask you.

For Casual Crews:
This kind of crew is based on friends who play together all the time, who decided to name their group.
Often, not all members of a casual crew will go to tournaments, and the skill levels of each player in the crew is extremely varied.
When joining a casual crew, it's friendship first. You have to basically just be really good friends with everyone else, and play with them all the time, and then you can usually just assume you are part of the crew. Asking to be in a casual crew is fine.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I thought a crew was a group of friends that play smash lol...

If you have a group of friends that you play smash with then you are in a "Crew"

Gingerr

Smash Lord
You suck *****.
That's the only way.
Head matches, and the loser has to complete his contractual obligation to fallate the victor.
Duh, what? Did you think this was about being FRIENDS? Smash is serious business.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter

If you have a group of friends that you play smash with then you are in a "Crew"
That's a Casual Crew.

Competitive Crews are groups of friends who practice together and go to tournaments together. Most competitive crews wont accept people who aren't extremely devoted to doing well at the game.

You suck *****.
That's the only way.
Head matches, and the loser has to complete his contractual obligation to fallate the victor.
Duh, what? Did you think this was about being FRIENDS? Smash is serious business.
eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww :)

ragnarock

Smash Lord

I completely disagree. know you can have a crew and they don't be your friend, you might become friends afterwards. That happened to me and Mr.p. It was just us and the Manhandle Pandhandle asked us to join, but they knew we were good(if we sucked, trust me they wouldn't have asked). Later we became friends and we are good friends without a doubt.

p.s Before you make or join a crew make sure you or them are able to travel to tourneys ya'll agree to go to. And make sure that there at least good as you or better. If not that, at least see that they want to improve and actually try to improve. Some people take longer than others, but its not how long it take to finish the race as long as you finish it.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I can't wait till I move back to Pensacola and regroup with the Panhandle Manhandlers ^_^

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You suck *****.
That's the only way.
That's why I'm the best in my crew. <3

Top Bottom