• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you kill falcon!?!?!?

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Falcon is my bane, he's so f****** annoying

I play a really good falcon regularly and now that I got into PM, I play falcons online, and they eat me. What do you do against dash dancing, its so ghey I can't read what he's going to do next because he's being a little b**** and waiting for me to make a move, so he can dodge with a dash dance and destroy me. My sheik has trouble beating falcon, should I play defensively and spam tilts? With link (in PM) its easier, if he's being a little reactive f*** I spam projectiles and force him to man up and approach.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
get him off stage and edgeguard. thats the easiest way. every time you slap him off stage you need to kill him.

nice name, my name originally started as RenegadeOfFunk

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i mean, if youre sheik, just stand there and wait for him to run at you with any shffled move and just stuff it with an ftilt.

if he double jumps into anything, just wavedash back into ftilt. its pathetically easy to get a kill off a single grab

D

Deleted member

playing mew2king i know a lot of shiek knowledge that NO shiek except maybe 1 or 2 other shieks use. that's why falcon vs shiek is 'easy' because shieks suck

don't feel like spilling info though unless u are a falcon main

0Room

Smash Lord
playing mew2king i know a lot of shiek knowledge that NO shiek except maybe 1 or 2 other shieks use. that's why falcon vs shiek is 'easy' because shieks suck

I wanna know
I play a Sheik constantly so I would love to pass this on

PM me if you want to

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Off the stage is over 9000-ded.

Some characters just have their basic kills. Fox has U-Smash/Shine, Marth has F-Smash, Sheik has F-Air, Falco has F-Smash/D-Air, Doc has F-Smash/Cape, etc..

He will just generally live longer than most characters because he's heavy. So maybe killing vertically will take longer.

I always thought that Falcon was good against Link and bad against Sheik. When you play Sheik, are you using Needles? F-Tilt -> F-Air never lets me down! She has sick edgeguarding too!

Windrose

Smash Lord

How? :( Teach us falcons!

I want to get good at this matchup. Watching hax play against sheik is so weird. I don't understand what he's doing that's turning the matchup around that other sheiks claim is heavily favored for sheik.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I think it's that hax is incredible at capitalizing off one hit, and his edgegaurding game against shiek is also near perfect. I don't often see him stuff edgegaurds up against shiek.

legion598

Smash Ace
Ftilit is not the proper move to stuff falcons approach your better off WDing into shield so his spacings off and grabbing or just WDing in general to give your tilt better spacing. standing in place tilting will not work against good falcons. You also want to keep your needles going to annoy him into spacing badly whenever u can. Another good method of spacing is every now and then just SH when u think he'll jump at u and try to slap him, if he does not jump at u just FF back to the ground and resume spacing.

Also dont get hit cuz falcon will **** your ****.

0Room

Smash Lord
How? :( Teach us falcons!

I want to get good at this matchup. Watching hax play against sheik is so weird. I don't understand what he's doing that's turning the matchup around that other sheiks claim is heavily favored for sheik.
I play against Sheik a lot and I've come to realize a few things

1) DON'T GET HIT
1 hit equals a 0-death combo, regardless of how good your DI is [not literally, but you get it]

2) You HAVE to grab.
You gotta grab and get control of the match. If you don't grab you WILL lose. I like Dthrow off 0, then on to techchase dthrow->regrab->uthrow. Abuse the entire range of uair and platforms. Uthrow->knee is guaranteed arond 70-100%

3) Bair outspaces ftilt
Don't ask me why
maybe it's just timing

But stuff that son of a ***** with bair

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
ye rage against the machine like my fave band right now btw renegades of funk is like the worst of there 4 albums but it is just covers after all so it doesnt count so much. Anyways falcon loves to race, he has raced god, he's a bounty hunter and f zero champ plus he's so fast and so strong........ idk he's pretty much undefeatable you should switch your main to him i high reccommend it.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Here's how to beat falcon.

Always approach him, esp. when he's DDing. Nair has no priority so just hit him out of it. Flub a lot of techs so he can't techchase you. Remember to keep him in the middle of the stage because he's worse there. Always up-throw with Sheik. Always ftilt falcon at low percents to rack up damage.

:awesome:

D

Deleted member

after playing tope, plank, m2k, kirbykaze i retract my statement

i could keep up with them

but not really beat

each for different reasons

D

Deleted member

Tope has the best reflexes for tech chasing

Plank has the trickiest recovery (and i suck dik at edgeguarding) and is a great thinking player

kirbykaze has the best strategy and great fundamentals

mew2king is impossible, he must've been playing bad when i first played him because now he ***** falcons

except for m2k i think i can beat them if i am playing really good and they are playing sorta bad but they sorta messed me up at pound 5, only took 1 set off of tope then lost 3 mms to him in a row

0Room

Smash Lord
No the only hope against Sheiks is us
We must get better at that MU one match at a time.

Just remember
No one strategy will win against all sheiks.
We must adapt and evolve, as is the evolutionary way
of

THE FALCONS.

/inspiring speech

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i can do it

just need to hope they are playing bad lol
Soon my tech chase will become as good as Tope's. And I'll learn how to F-tilt/D-tilt/D-smash versus space animals. And I'll have gayer anti-Falcon edgeguards (somehow).

Then I will be the gayest of them all.

Bwahahahaha.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
on low percents i think this matchup is pretty even tbh

cc tilts, bait their grabs and punish

gets gay once you cant cc though

Walt

Smash Ace
I think it's about 6-4 Sheik, maybe a little better. Just Falcon has to work harder to get a kill where as Sheik has a much easier time just gimping Falcon, but pretty much if either player wiffs something in a bad spot they should get grabbed and either take %40+ or die. I think the main discrepancy of the how bad the match up comes from is Sheiks damage coming from tech chasing with boost grabs vs Falcons combos which are harder to be consistent with.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
i've always felt like making a long post on falcon vs sheik as i view it

-------------------------------------------
firstly i feel that people should be abusing falcon's amazing edgeguard vs her, rather than going for risky or not guaranteed combos. watch hax vs amsah:

hax never goes for killer stuff and instead just does a double uair offstage, recovers and punishes amsah as he tries to get back on stage

when both chars are at low % its pretty much a stalemate, neither has any good approaches (as they all get CCed/tilted/dodged) and while sheik can camp with needles it is often risky due to grounded needles being laggy as ****

at higher %s sheik gains the advantage as falcon now has to rely on his movement and crappy shield to defend himself while sheik doesnt suffer as much

if sheik ever jumps falcon immediately gets the upper hand i think, she has trouble coming down safely and will mostly have to rely on pullback fairs and bairs, same goes for falcon but to a much lesser extent since his mobility far outdoes sheik's

when falcon gets a grab at 0% he should literally always get sheik offstage, no tech reads involved. tech chase/chaingrab until 30% then ftilt/nair/uair into more uairs and sometimes a knee as a finish

sheik has a very strong tech chase on falcon as soon as he falls down and while it always leads to falcon going offstage when done correctly you can make it slightly harder by missing techs and smash di'ing the jab resets as well as CCing/di'ing any launchers used on too low %s

she also has a stupid *** edgeguard on falcon and you will rarely be able to recover high since the fair doesnt send you upward

although falcon has a good edgeguard too lol

conclusively like walt said the main reason for the matchup being in sheiks favor is that she generally has an easier time punishing falcon and is better at baiting approaches
both chars have trouble approaching the other and punish mistakes very hard but falcon has less room for error and that puts it in sheiks favor

i'd love some added input on this :)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
when falcon gets a grab at 0% he should literally always get sheik offstage, no tech reads involved. tech chase/chaingrab until 30% then ftilt/nair/uair into more uairs and sometimes a knee as a finish
What in the world does this blurb mean
No tech reads involved and then you mention techchase
Does that mean you can distinguish perfectly between a tech roll and a missed tech/tech in place on reaction and punish accordingly every time? I'm almost positive Sheik can DI away from Dthrow and avoid a chaingrab

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
What in the world does this blurb mean
No tech reads involved and then you mention techchase
Does that mean you can distinguish perfectly between a tech roll and a missed tech/tech in place on reaction and punish accordingly every time? I'm almost positive Sheik can DI away from Dthrow and avoid a chaingrab
you can always react with regrabs on techs, no reading needed at all :)

0Room

Smash Lord
You can regrab until about like 13%
Then if they DI away I don't think you can catch them.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You can probably catch them if you flat out guess they're teching away ... Falcon is pretty fast
You're giving up the other options though if you do that

D

Deleted member

you can hit them if they tech away if you do a running not fast falled late knee

otherwise its sorta hard to just catch them on reaction, shiek has a fast/long tech roll but it's not impossible.

side-b at a shiek's tech-in place spot will catch them if they tech away

also shieks tech in place defense is better than falco/foxes

Top Bottom