• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you get up from the ledge as Zelda?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
This is one of those things that I just "do" but I don't think about until I get punished for predictability/bad choices. Of course, she doesn't have the best options to get up from the ledge, but I don't think she has the worst either. I just don't know what to do.

When I played other characters, I used to jump a fair bit from the ledge, but I would get covered by something like Ike's Usmash or anything that could cover ground get-ups and some aerial get-ups. I think Zelda jumps high enough that she can limit this to an extent.

I've also been practicing Nayru's, but I only use it when I anticipate an attack and I use the invincibility to get through. This works a fair bit for me (at least offline), but what about when they start catching on? Is Farore's a terrible idea if you jump on the stage as well? As in, as bad as doing a Din's on the stage.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Zelda's ledge game sucks. Just get off that thing as quick as possible.

Watch your opponent throughout the match and try to learn their patterns. Many people have predictable ways of approaching you while you're on the ledge. Some will shield, others will run and Usmash.

If Zelda can legedrop and double jump onto the stage, that's another option right there.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, if you do it quickly enough, Zelda can ledge-drop, double-jump, and land an auto-cancelled f-air. It can lead to a surprise kill if the opponent is not expecting it, and as long as they are close to the ledge it will almost always sweet-spot (even a small character).

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I usually jump and occasionally use rising attack when I´m below 100%. Mixing those two actually helps getting up most of the time. Letting go and doublejumping back to the stage is also an option.

If opponent is already near the ledge trying to edgeguard me, I let go and regrab the ledge to make it harder for them to read my actions. Letting go and doing Uair/Fair also works every now and then.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I tend to wait a little bit if they're not in somewhere they can get me and predict their move and punish.

Ledgedrop > rising u-air onto the stage is a good surprise attack, but you can't rely on this.
Ledgedrop > Lightning kick works too. If they're just blocking, you can lightning kick their feet even if they're sheilding.

n-air might work in theory, but I haven't tried it.

Apart from that, all your options really are to jump away and FW, but that will get you punished, or roll/ledge attack. Well, I suppose you could jump up high and FW away to safety if they're a slower character.

To be honest, just jumping and faking an attack or fastfall air dodge > roll can get you to safety most of the time.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Rising Nair is too good.

I take a bit more of a risk but I'm stopping it. I used to ledgedrop->rising Uair way too much and I've lost stock because of it in the past but I only use this when I know it will connect or I'm feeling good about my recovery angles.

Now a days I will go with the Nair or ledgedrop->Fair. If all else fails, just try to get up safely lol.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
u can also drop and jump an do a uair if ur feeling daring and u can catch ur opponent off guard. i don't recommend doing this all the time though...cuz you are wide open for a gimp.

other than that, auto cancel fair rising nair are probably ur best options. just DON'T roll unless u know it's safe.

psike

Smash Apprentice
Drop to double jumped reverse Nayru can be sexy, especially if the char guarding the ledge doesn't have a large range on their fsmash.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I seriously need to do more rising nair. Rising fair is just daring to get sheildgrabbed...unless your opponent is a smash charging noob...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like other people have said, Zelda's ledgegame is pretty bad and nair is pretty much your best option if you're going for a direct attack. I'd also recommend learning how to edge stall using Farore's Wind in order to open up more oppurtunities if your opponent is particularly campy. Still, with Zelda, it's best just to get back on the stage as quick as possible.

Top Bottom