• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you come up with your Alias

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Aglow

By Matthew Zapruder

Hello everyone, hello you. Here we are under this sky.
Where were you Tuesday? I was at the El Rancho Motel in Gallup.
Someone in one of the nameless rooms was dying, slowly
the ambulance came, just another step towards the end. An older
couple asked me to capture them with a camera, gladly I rose
about three inches and did and then back to my chair. I thought of
Paul Celan, one of those poets everything happened to strangely
as it happens to everyone. In German he wrote he rose
one pain inch above the floor, I don’t understand
but I understand. Did writing in German make him a little
part of whoever set in motion the chain of people talking
who pushed his parents under the blue grasses of the Ukraine?
No. My name is Ukrainian and Ukranians killed everyone but six
people with my name. Do you understand me now? It
hurts to be part of the chain and feel rusty and also a tiny squeak
now part of what makes everything go. People talk a lot, the
more they do the less I remember in one of my rooms someone
is always dying. It doesn’t spoil my time is what spoils my time. No
one can know what they’ve missed, least of all my father who
was building a beautiful boat from a catalog and might still be. Sometimes
I feel him pushing a little bit on my lower back with a palm
made of ghost orchids and literal wind. Today I’m holding onto
holding onto what Neko Case called that teenage feeling. She means
one thing, I mean another, I mean to say that just like when I was thirteen
it has been a hidden pleasure but mostly an awful pain talking to you
with a voice that pretends to be shy and actually is, always in search of
the question that might make you ask me one in return.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman

Shin-Chan for the win.

C-falcon is made off...

-ACTION!
-He can be a ******* when it come to annoying knees

nuff said

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
i was eating dinner with pp on my way to my first tourney and i was freaking out cause i couldn't think of a good name. well, when kevin saw me shaking he called me "twitch". so...i liked it and i guess it just stuck with me. also, i freak out on my controller when i get grabbed cuz i'm trying to get out.

if enough people tell me to then I will tell the story of how kevin got his name because i don't really understand why he wouldn't tell it. :)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Long story short.

Freshman year in high school (2003) I got into Halo. I had originally used my Dad's tag (Dredd) but attached a JR to it (i.e. DreddJr). Then one day riding the bus home, a group of friends and I were joking around. Eventually one of them called me a gerbil because he thought that I looked like a gerbil. Everyone thought this was so funny. Afterward, they changed my in game tag from DreddJr to Gerbil, they started putting gerbil on all of my papers, and they even erased my name on my homework and replaced it with gerbil. I hated it at first.

Now however, I've got Gerbil on my class ring, Gerbil on my license plate, and "Gerbil" was one of the most recognizable and feared names in competitive Halo until 2006. It just stuck. Now everyone calls me Gerbil. : )
most feared and recognizable is an exaggeration btw. you weren't known outside of GA... and also i had not heard of you at all in 05-06 and i still stand by that.
i befriended theblueblur in high school and he hadn't heard of you either.

M-Mister
A-Arms
R-Rectum
S-Banana

F-Fun Fox Mc****ing cloud
O- 0
0-O
L- Lobsters

!- ¡
lmao i love chris

mine's pretty silly and better told in person.
Basically in high school I stayed up late all the time, so i came to school tired and sleepy. I slept during the 30 minute breakfast period that students were permitted to after i got off the bus. my vegan friend started tossing out random fake racist jokes, trying to wake me up.
"you're such an exhausted asian. tired chinaman. such a sleepy korean."
my raver friend, who usually didn't know where he was half the time, interjected with
"WHOA! cool DJ name. DJ Sleepy K"
I used it for my xbl tag before i played competitive halo.
switched to variants of Durham Red and Red.
then when i came to smashboards and lurked for a long time (starting 06), I checked every information source. I found the DC++ hub and signed on as Red, but there was another smasher who went by "Redd" (hi, redd!) from md/va. so i just switched to sleepyk.
thanks again redd for making me pick this name!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
comic book character i was into at the time.
still pretty cool, still enjoy 2000 AD comics, still use Red for fpses, RPGs, pretty much any non smash game type thing

downside - lots of people use "Red" :(

not so much durham red.
fun fact - might have used Chelsea Blue, as that was the alternate name for the character. i read about it and thought it was also pretty nifty, but Chelsea sounds kind of awkward sometimes.
Also Saint Scarlett, but that was really effeminate

BBQ°

Smash Champion
sleepyk is the perfect name for u

I actually probably would've taken "sleepy" since I'm always so tired.

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
I would have been just "Kuya", but there were already other filipino smashers who called themselves Kuya. So I just added my middle name at the end.

-!-

Smash Lord
My original name was "M!Xcoatl" the "!" is cuz of Metal gear, and the name itself is Aztec, it translates to "Cloud Serpent" it's actually a god. I used to use "Quetzacoatl" for everything for a long time, I looked through names and meanings and I found this and I just liked it a lot so I started using this name for most things. It seemed more appealing at the time so people can just called me "M!X" for short instead of trying to pronounce Quetzacoatl or M!Xcoatl itself... most people still call me "Mixcoatl" and even though its pronounced wrong is kinda cool in a way :laugh:

I remember on the first tournament that i went to and i had signed up in smashboards, GDX was calling me by my new Name and I wasnt used to it lol so i wasn't paying attention at all, good thing I didnt got DQ :)

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I got my name from the first character I created on the City of Heroes MMO. The character's name is Cynergyspyke. I just shortened it cause I'm lazy but the name works and is kind of unique.

The character:

Top Bottom