• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm actually very curious on what's tomorrow's PotD is before the Direct. Chances are it'll at least have Sakurai advertising the Direct. But what about the picture?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I know I shouldn't let this Metroid get my hopes up.

But I am anyway. :urg:
Well, it could also point to Palutena (or another Kid Icarus character) as there was that enemy in Uprising that was basically a Metroid. I doubt means anything at all, though.

I'm actually very curious on what's tomorrow's PotD is before the Direct. Chances are it'll at least have Sakurai advertising the Direct. But what about the picture?
Well, the post about February's Direct was Peach. So I wouldn't think it will hint at the content of the Direct. But getting a pic and a Direct is nice, regardless.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Well, it could also point to Palutena (or another Kid Icarus character) as there was that enemy in Uprising that was basically a Metroid. I doubt means anything at all, though.
...suggesting that the Metroid confirms Ridley is a stretch.

Suggesting that the Metroid is actually referencing a KOMAYTO and confirms Palutena is stretching reality.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
...suggesting that the Metroid confirms Ridley is a stretch.

Suggesting that the Metroid is actually referencing a KOMAYTO and confirms Palutena is stretching reality.
I said "points to" and then "I doubt it means anything at all." Not suggesting confirmations, just trying to say it could point to something other than Metroid.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
well, I think there's value to the picture the day off if we stretch the analysis by a lot.

On Dec. 18 the picture was of Toad about to get shot in the face by an arrow, probably symbolizing the idea that his chances were about to be shot to heck. By a Mario newcomer, Rosalina.

On Feb. 13 (14?) we got the picture of Peach with a rainbow. Captain Rainbow is one of the main reasons people in Japan are aware of Little Mac, who was revealed that day!

So yea, loose associations!

Also, right now I'd really really love to see Sakurai convince every major Nintendo/Smash-affiliated developer (Platinum, Retro, Level 5, Monolith, Intelligent Systems, Bandai Namco, etc.) to tweet/retweet about the direct so that we're all running around confused like headless chickens without knowing who to expect.

D

Deleted member

That would be... chaos! Sweet, beautiful chaos!

Has there been any ReTweets yet? This is a bit concerning...

Freduardo

Smash Champion
That would be... chaos! Sweet, beautiful chaos!

Has there been any ReTweets yet? This is a bit concerning...
There won't be, Metroid is essentially first party and has no second party working on a metroid game if the metroid pic hinted Ridley.

There won't be, Palutena is essentially first party and has no second party working on a kid icarus game if the komayto pic hinted Palutena or Medusa.

There won't be, an entire smash brothers dedicated direct would be about a character with a number of different play styles, which would be a mii, which could be a heavily game modifying mechanic and no second party does anything for them.

There won't be, Sakurai's done adding characters and figures if he waits long enough, hackers will do that for him.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
In the spirit of prediction, if my main man Ridley gets confirmed tomorrow, I'm changing my avatar to EXPAND DONG until release -- simply because that'll pretty much be my attitude.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
In the spirit of prediction, if my main man Ridley gets confirmed tomorrow, I'm changing my avatar to EXPAND DONG until release -- simply because that'll pretty much be my attitude.
See, I want to know what that is, but at the same time I don't want to search that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Who could be shown at the direct

Palutena or takamaru or chrom or mii could be shown

Ridley or mewtwo can be shown

Another WTF character can be shown at the direct (Mach rider or duck hunt dog)

Some veterans can be revealed yoshi meta knight R.O.B (I'm serious) ice climbers captain falcon and ness any of them could be shown

And finally a 3rd party could be shown (pac-man or snake or bomberman (he's not completely dead) or bayonetta or dig-dug (I'm serious) or Isaac could be shown)

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Who could be shown at the direct

Palutena or takamaru or chrom or mii could be shown

Ridley or mewtwo can be shown

Another WTF character can be shown at the direct (Mach rider or duck hunt dog)

Some veterans can be revealed yoshi meta knight R.O.B (I'm serious) ice climbers captain falcon and ness any of them could be shown

And finally a 3rd party could be shown (pac-man or snake or bomberman (he's not completely dead) or bayonetta or dig-dug (I'm serious) or Isaac could be shown)
Isaac is 2nd party? Unless you mean Isaac Clarke.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The thread title should have been edited a long time ago. This direct will be a bigger gold mine than any other we've seen!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think that a N64 character, Brawl Character and new character will be revealed, just by looking at the crates. Also, since Pikachu is on the crate perhaps the N64 character will be Jiggly? The crate he's on first appeared in the original and the second one looks like on from brawl, and the final one looks brand new.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
We won't see any random veteran reveals.

It's smarter to reveal them one by one in the months leading up to the release date than to throw them in a Direct where the attention will be focused on the newcomer.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
The new character will be Masked Dedede. He's like regular Dedede, but he can charge his specials (except down B).

D

Deleted member

Today's Pic of the Day makes me think that we are going to get three newcomers... but I won't expect that.
I can see us get a couple of veterans and 1-3 newcomers.
I am predicting that we could see Palutena, Takamaru, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Shulk, Ridley, Miis, or Isaac. I can see us get one to three of these characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm really hoping to see Wario, Snake and Ike in the direct. Though Obviously I'd want to see some new characters if possible. Either way, I'm sure most of us are too hype to worry too much. So long as we get some awesome news.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Pikachu's getting some undue attention, apparently. He's the only one sticking out of his border on the bottom, and he showed up in the PotD.

Could we be seeing Mewtwo today?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Pikachu's getting some undue attention, apparently. He's the only one sticking out of his border on the bottom, and he showed up in the PotD.

Could we be seeing Mewtwo today?
Don't you dare get my hopes up.

I'm guessing coincidence on the picture of the day, and editing mistake for the borders thing.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Don't you dare get my hopes up.

I'm guessing coincidence on the picture of the day, and editing mistake for the borders thing.
An editing mistake seems rather unlikely for something as big as this. Especially when it's one so easily fixed.

Not saying Mewtwo's a done deal -- for the Direct, anyway, because he's a shoo-in for the game overall -- or anything (we could still get some other dumbass Pokemon rep nobody wants), but I'd say he's a serious contender.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
An editing mistake seems rather unlikely for something as big as this. Especially when it's one so easily fixed.

Not saying Mewtwo's a done deal or anything (we could still get some other ******* Pokemon rep nobody wants), but I'd say he's a serious contender.
I'm almost certain Mewtwo is in anyway. Though I'm not sure if this Pikachu things points to him, could just be coincidence.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Charizard is solo. That means Squirtle and Ivysaur are most likely gone, and with that, they may be our first known cuts.

Greninja is in. We still haven't seen Mewtwo or Jigglypuff.

Kritters have finally made a comeback as enemies in the 3DS version. It means good things for K. Rool at least.

Palutena got shown just as a trophy.

After all this time, we see Ridley, apparently a hazard/boss in the Pyrosphere. But after all this time we just see his shadow. What's the point in that?

I think I'm done trying to predict characters for a while.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
At least I got 2 out of 5 right: Sheik and Zero Suit Samus. It was an awesome Direct and I didn't expect to see 2 Pokémon characters at once.

Now, the Pokémon characters create a new problem: If we were to believe the theory of "All characters from one series have to be confirmed before a newcomer can be announced", this would mean: No Jigglypuff and no Mewtwo. (and obviously no Pokémon Trainer)
Taking this into account: Will Sakurai give us only 4 Pokémon characters? Honestly I think we will get another Pokémon and I'm pretty sure it will be a veteran and not another newcomer for this series. If that were the case, we could throw the mentionned theory out.

Next. We now know one thing too thanks to this Direct: Sakurai seems to not create "switching" characters anymore such as Zelda/Sheik, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Pokémon Trainer. This seems like unimportant piece of information. However this also means a Diddy/Dixe combo(already deconfirmed) and a Chrom/Lucina combo can be thrown away.

Another point: Ridley got another teaser in the Direct while speaking of other Boss ennemies. This however almost deconfirms Ridley as a playable character. I don't think we will see Ridley, especially as Samus and Zero Suit Samus are considered two separate characters now.

Also: Samurai Goroh already deconfirmed because: Assist Trophy again.

And King K.Rool/Dixie teased: Kremlings are presented in a way as if Sakurai were to say: "Look we have all rights to use Kremlings, so shut the **** up and get your hopes up for King K.Rool!" xD

The fact Yoshi was confirmed is however Sakurai-like. "Why should I show Yoshi for a western release of Yoshi's New Island. People were to expect this. So let's just show him in a Smash Direct!"

edit: Oh and Palutena isn't out of question for playable character yet. The trophy has only shown "Fake Palutena". As if Sakurai were to joke about the Palutena rumor xD

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
So... wasn't expecting any of that, and that tickles me to death. I love getting surprised like this. I'm kinda scared to go into the Ridley thread to see the reactions (raging, hopeful, and otherwise alike), but everything shown was brilliant. Greninja was completely left field for me, but I'm madly in love with the Kalos generation of Pokémon, so that's a big win in my books. I'll mourn Squirtle and Ivysaur, but it truly seems to be for the sake of an overall improvement.

D

Deleted member

Palutena got shown just as a trophy.
It wasn't Palutena. It was Pseudo-Palutena; she's a boss in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Therefore, she is not disconfirmed.

The Greninja reveal justifies my statement from before, "'How can we predict reveals?' We can't."

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
charazard shown single.
no sight of ivysaur and squritle
greninja confirmed.

all this lead to one thing,
Red, one of my favorite character, along with being my main, who I spent a lot of time learning to use all three of them, is cut. . . . . . . . .I. . .I. . .I got no words

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It wasn't Palutena. It was Pseudo-Palutena; she's a boss in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Therefore, she is not disconfirmed.

The Greninja reveal justifies my statement from before, "'How can we predict reveals?' We can't."
Oh, really? Dang it, my bad there.

I was visiting multiple tabs at the time of the Direct and didn't see the Palutena trophy fully...

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
charazard shown single.
no sight of ivysaur and squritle
greninja confirmed.

all this lead to one thing,
Red, one of my favorite character, along with being my main, who I spent a lot of time learning to use all three of them, is cut. . . . . . . . .I. . .I. . .I got no words
I'm genuinely sorry for your loss. PT was one of my favorites as well, and it always stinks when a character you spent time with is cut, even if it's for the purpose of bettering the game as a whole.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The entire Smash 4 Speculation scene is a hot mess now.

At the very least, until we see a Gangplank Galleon stage (which at this point I hope we don't) I currently have very high hopes for K. Rool.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
So can we finally stop over-analyzing the roster with Greninja, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer being in?

We're probably getting a Rhythm Heaven character now too.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Transforming characters are dead

And this should take your weight off about mewtwo

We have 4 confirmed pokemon characters so far brawl had 6 so its safe to say ivysaur and squirtle are gone

So which means the most likely pokemon line up is this

Pikachu lucario charizard greninja jigglypuff and mewtwo

If any other pokemon character gets confirm that's pretty much a no brainer either mewtwo or jigglypuff is kicked)

(And the 3ds is coming. Out in summer so unlockable characters will be able to jump out once the 3ds version is released because the wii u version will not be out yet)

And third of all you forgot 1 thing 2 months per direct so June is next thats E3 so mewtwo might be saved for that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom