• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we invite Mango, PP, M2K, Hbox, Axe and Armada to Japanese tournament?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
^what he said

The only way you're getting one of those 5 to come to Japan is if you 100% pay for their ticket, or hope that they've actually wanted to visit Japan on their own and needed an excuse.

Also, from what I've heard and seen of Japanese players, it seems like there are a lot of goods ones, but no really exceptional ones that could threaten those 5 (apart from maybe axe but I think even he could win the tournament solidly)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Also, from what I've heard and seen of Japanese players, it seems like there are a lot of goods ones, but no really exceptional ones that could threaten those 5 (apart from maybe axe but I think even he could win the tournament solidly)
Did you click the video in the first post? lol Just super saiyan.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I've watched that set before and Gucci is good, but if you're implying he has a legitimate shot of taking a set off the top 4 players in the world, based off one set where he loses 3-1 and gets 3 stocked the last match, AND considering their track records vs hax/s2j, then you're trippin dawg

Battlecow

Play to Win
did you watch the video? Check out that last match again and tell me it's worth the 5 grand to send those guys to japan

so yeah, inviting them is easy, getting them to pay their own way is gonna be hard

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Yes... how?

You could send them messages through Smashboards.

Mango
Dr. Peepee
Hungrybox
Axe
Armada

Click Send Message and you can send a private message or visitor message.

Alternatively, wait for them to find this thread.
The only way you're getting one of those 5 to come to Japan is if you 100% pay for their ticket, or hope that they've actually wanted to visit Japan on their own and needed an excuse.

These fine gentlemen above have the right idea!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Instead of creating a massive fund to send 5 guys over to a random tournament, what I would recommend doing is trying to gain recognition for the smash scene. Post tournament results, videos, rankings, etc... and try and gather interest. How big are the tournaments? Are there ever any major tournaments? I noticed a few Japanese players are registered for Apex (Gucci, in particular), and I think that's an important step. Especially if one (or more) of them perform well. After that we may help fund some more Japanese players to large tournaments here. If Japan has enough interest to hold a large tournament, then we could also help fund one (or more) top players to compete in it.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
If I recall correctly, there's no money involved in Japanese tournaments. I recall some story of M2K wanting to money match a lot of people at the Sunrise tournament and he couldn't. So if people go to a Japanese tournament, there's really little to no chance of at least partially getting your money back. I think you should want to go to Japan in the first place if the money is coming out of your own pocket. Ever wanted to vacation in Japan? Great. Then the few grand to make it to Japan will be worth it and you'll also get to enter the tournament.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
If I recall correctly, there's no money involved in Japanese tournaments. I recall some story of M2K wanting to money match a lot of people at the Sunrise tournament and he couldn't. So if people go to a Japanese tournament, there's really little to no chance of at least partially getting your money back. I think you should want to go to Japan in the first place if the money is coming out of your own pocket. Ever wanted to vacation in Japan? Great. Then the few grand to make it to Japan will be worth it and you'll also get to enter the tournament.
I'm pretty sure they have a prize for the winner...it's just that money matches are ilegal since they are technically considered gambling.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I've watched that set before and Gucci is good, but if you're implying he has a legitimate shot of taking a set off the top 4 players in the world, based off one set where he loses 3-1 and gets 3 stocked the last match, AND considering their track records vs hax/s2j, then you're trippin dawg
Well there's that, and if I remember correctly from the past. The Japanese simply "don't play gay" or refuse to, this might have impeded some of their growth even considering how sequestered from the rest of the community japan is. Isai would have more knowledge on their attitudes towards play than I would but yea "just saiyan".

tl;dr they play for fun

MaNg0

Smash Hero
yeah i got a passport bromeo

and i heard someone registered me for apex

so its all gravy

linaly

Smash Rookie
Souten, Kou, Gucci, Shuta and Da-yoshi (he calls himself "Japanese mango" lol) registered Apex from Japan.

Japanese melee community was small for several years ago.
Fortunately thanks to the melee staff efforts, the community's getting better and larger.
They're learning how to manage community from what Americans do.
We have 4 big tournaments and streaming in 1 year. The last tournament that m2k joined had 106 registers.
Respecting for the foreign famous players and also the technological innovation of netplay helped this.

Japanese law, basically money match is illegal. Money prize is also not legal in case we don't have sponsors. :(
Fund is a nice idea. 1 problem is that we need to find person whom we can entrust our money.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I would message the YouTube channel MeleeAtlNorth if you want someone you can trust your money to. If they can't help you themselves, they can at least direct you to someone who is able to.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Well there's that, and if I remember correctly from the past. The Japanese simply "don't play gay" or refuse to, this might have impeded some of their growth even considering how sequestered from the rest of the community japan is. Isai would have more knowledge on their attitudes towards play than I would but yea "just saiyan".

tl;dr they play for fun
Ic's freeze glitch is tournament legal in japan and people actually use it in tournaments too

yeah they defs play "for fun"

linaly

Smash Rookie
I would message the YouTube channel MeleeAtlNorth if you want someone you can trust your money to. If they can't help you themselves, they can at least direct you to someone who is able to.
Thank you :)
I'm not the representive of melee, so I can't decide. But Asking him whether MeleeAtNorth can be or not will help us.

:phone:

linaly

Smash Rookie
Ic's freeze glitch is tournament legal in japan and people actually use it in tournaments too

yeah they defs play "for fun"
Though we can use Ic's freeze glitch now, it will be banned soon. This is because we got to know American rule bans it.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Japan Melee is changing their rules to be more like the American rules.

American Brawl started changing their rules to be more like the Japanese rules. And some started hosting tournaments using Japanese rules.

Everyone wants to be like the best.

Bones0

Smash Legend
My bad, I thought MAN cared about Melee. Apparently it's a scam by the top 1% who just jerk each other off in the MBR. PATHETIC.

jerflip

Smash Apprentice
Souten, Kou, Gucci, Shuta and Da-yoshi (he calls himself "Japanese mango" lol) registered Apex from Japan.

Japanese melee community was small for several years ago.
Fortunately thanks to the melee staff efforts, the community's getting better and larger.
They're learning how to manage community from what Americans do.
We have 4 big tournaments and streaming in 1 year. The last tournament that m2k joined had 106 registers.
Respecting for the foreign famous players and also the technological innovation of netplay helped this.

Japanese law, basically money match is illegal. Money prize is also not legal in case we don't have sponsors. :(
Fund is a nice idea. 1 problem is that we need to find person whom we can entrust our money.
Who is considered Japan's best player, anyway? I'm tempted to say Captain Jack but he's pretty much retired

linaly

Smash Rookie
Who is considered Japan's best player, anyway? I'm tempted to say Captain Jack but he's pretty much retired
I think Gucci, falcon player the best. He won the first prize of the latest big tournament.
フラッシュ(Flash), shiek player is also as good as Gucci.
こうのとり(Kou), falco player is the champion of smash point ranking.
http://smashbrothers.info/tournament/dx/data/melee/1st.png
IMO 1.Gucci 2.Flash 3.Kou

CaptainJack for Japanese is like that Isai or Ken for Americans...

AXE 09

Smash Master
If there was a fund for me, YES I would go to Japan to play Melee! I would go without hesitation

linaly

Smash Rookie
I'm going to Japan in the beginnings of July.
Will there be a big tournament or something? I played Kou last time but I would like to play the other best 2 as well :)
You can see Japanese big tournament info here.
http://smashbrothers.info/

スマバトDX uses Final destination only rule. (stage select off; old Japanese rule)
スマバトDX [melee] uses the world rule that has better players such as Gucci or Flash.

Last year they held スマバトDX [melee] in like this
2012/02/25
05/04
08/04
12/24

Also you can see Gucci and Flash at Gucci house.
They have practicing at least once in 2 or 3 weeks.
You can contact them here. http://d.hatena.ne.jp/silentbeast/

Top Bottom