• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How amazing is Falco's Jab.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I know Falco's jab is good so I tried a computer match with only jabs. It ended up pinging and out-ranging almost everything when spaced right. It even pinged with....I won't even say it. Just watch the 30 second video. The end is the best part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBWgZAhABZM

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
actually I've been able to use the multi jabs and some how during the same animation do a instant dash attack out of nowhere. it happens once in a while depending on how well you time it i think

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
you can do the dash attack right out of the spin while you're spinning? that would be broken if you can reproduce it or figure out how it's done, if its possible.

J4pu

Smash Champion
imagine the possibilities, anytime you get a jab, you also get a gatling combo (at lower percents) or a boosted Upsmash at higher ones, a truly awesome thought.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
yea imma try to replicate and put it on a video. the first time i did it suprised me because it just came out of nowhere. I will see what i can do.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
imagine the possibilities, anytime you get a jab, you also get a gatling combo (at lower percents) or a boosted Upsmash at higher ones, a truly awesome thought.
Jab to Dash attack would be a gatling combo on it's own, even without the Usmash.

Furthermore, this would be a more advanced Gatling combo, and would follow the idea that many fighters follow of weak attack -> mid attack -> strong attack for an extended gatling combo. I've always imagined brawl having more gatling combos, and that we haven't discovered them yet.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
After thinking about it for a while, I'm pretty sure someone hit you and you were pressing forward and A over and over again while spinning. The hit cancelled the spin attack into a dash attack. :-/ Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Neb

Smash Lord
Not saying it isn't good, but aside from the CPU G&W being ********, its not out of the ordinary to ping with any attack. It just requires the outside of each hitbox to clash, no matter the strength, so its not really out prioritizing the 9 hammer.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Not saying it isn't good, but aside from the CPU G&W being ********, its not out of the ordinary to ping with any attack. It just requires the outside of each hitbox to clash, no matter the strength, so its not really out prioritizing the 9 hammer.
Sorry for double post but I thought I would mention I tanked a Lvl9 Hammer because I grabbed G&W at the same time in tourney. Ping went of and i took the 30%..needless to say we were both stunned.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Sorry for double post but I thought I would mention I tanked a Lvl9 Hammer because I grabbed G&W at the same time in tourney. Ping went of and i took the 30%..needless to say we were both stunned.
this happens with all grabs against all attacks, if they hit the exact same time you get the grab off you take the damage and still get the grab.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It didn't out prioritize it. It pinged with it. How many jabs can ping with that that without any form of super armor?

Lol at GaW mains running to save their character...or whatever kind of wobble he does.

Anyways back to Falco's jab...it's amazing isn't it? :)

Neb

Smash Lord
lol, I have nothing against Falco! I'm calling it as I see it, and if you don't wanna believe me, fine, get KO'd with a Judge 9 while trying to ping. When the outside of two hitboxes clash, it doesn't matter the strength of an attack, they ping, that's been known since melee. Its a lot better just to shield, than risk a jab. Once you actually enter the hitbox of a 9, you experience damage.

PS- Never said it out prioritized it.
Oh and I don't need to save G&W, he already has the advantage over Falco.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Lol, I just really dislike GaW. Always have since melee and always will.

Yes, Falco's jab is very **** :)

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
this happens with all grabs against all attacks, if they hit the exact same time you get the grab off you take the damage and still get the grab.
This I know, its one of the things that kind of anoys me in brawl, we were both amazed that i was one frame away from losing a stock :p

Magus420

Smash Master
Umm... it definitely looks like the jab just got outprioritized by the 9 but the 9 didn't reach. The 9 continued on and the jab got cancelled out. They just weren't close enough for the 9 to actually hit Falco too in the process.

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Nice demo. However, as mentioned by slashtalon, the Whorenado is what needs to be pinged. BTW, nice sig magus.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
okay guys i am back from my results:

1. I manage to do the AAA dash combo but it came out a lil slightly slower than before (it's still fast enough to hit your opponent).

2. Works perfectly with the dash up smash, may also lead to another combo or a unexpected fast grab.

3. It's all about timing, I would recommend to dash and hit the c-stick down near the end of the AAA combo or when your opponent is near the end of the jab hit box, if timed wrong you might either not dash and do a smash attack or dash and do not attack at all.

4. I will be putting the video on this thread, If by some how I am not able to do so I would consider that I send to Tommy G through wifi and that he would post it and approve it.

5. Also I will show how Falco's jab is different from others like fox because their dash attack has a delay and moves slower while Falco's dash is faster if timed well.

That is all for now until I make the video, and Tommy G no I wasn't attack during the jab because they were stun in the air. I will be home at 3pm tommorow because I have summer classes. And yes... I am a bad boy =)

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Tommy_G

Can you try to reflect Falco's Shine with it? I would try as well when I get the time.

eg. Perfectly time the jab tot hit the another Falco's shine.

It wouldn't be 100% practical, but it would be more than awesome if it worked.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
everyone who has questions on the jabs and the ping with the 9 needs to go to the tactical discussion and read the priority post. It goes really in-depth and will answer alot of your questions about what happened.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I know exactly what happened. The GaW mains were right, but it doesn't mean the jab still isn't amazing. The first (maybe first 2 hits) reaches out of Falco's hurtbox. So if the jab hit box pings against an attack, it might not out prioritize it, but it still won't hit Falco.

Either that or when it does hit another hitbox on the opponents attack, the bounce back jab animation from the contact pushes Falco away from being hurt. With that being said Falco's jab still has crazy priority. I've seen it ping and stop a DK down smash.

Everything can reflect Falco's shine. If an attack hits Falco(i.e. reaches far enough past the shine) while the shine is out, it'll do that animation of it looking like it was reflected at him. I've seen the most unusual moves reflect that thing.

I made a post about priority on the Falco boards and you might want to take a look at it.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167202 end of page

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Tommy G I got the vid now but I can't posted myself because my camera sort of broke so then imma go with my second option. Let me get ur FC and tell me when you are gonna get on wifi and i will send it to you.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
If you have an SD card, it would be better. I've been recording everything with my cellphone camera and its not amazing, but it gets the job done. If you send me the file off the desktop through SD card, I can have a friend use some recording stuff and record it as well as that footstool combo with good quality. Besides, I have my friend's wii and I don't think he wants everyone to know his code. I really don't care, but I respect their privacy.

Email is tommy090888@aol.com if they can't send attachments on here.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Everything can reflect Falco's shine. If an attack hits Falco(i.e. reaches far enough past the shine) while the shine is out, it'll do that animation of it looking like it was reflected at him. I've seen the most unusual moves reflect that thing.
That is so true.

I was trying to reflect Link's bombs to see any reflection trajectory changes, and it ended up hitting Falco when it was close enough. I was a fool to believe it actually "REFLECTED"

Back to the drawing board for me. It was so frusting think I was getting somwhere.

However there were times the bomb exploded by the physical hit by Falco's shine, and other times it reflected. It seems the shine does not reflect 100% consistently.

Dam this is frustrating.

Top Bottom