• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
This reminds of when Sakurai said Smash 4 would be "somewhere between brawl and melee" and everyone assumed their personal hopes and dreams would come true.

I'll definitely be amused if its just various bugfixing and insignificant damage values changed.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
i am pretty sure diddy will still be top 3 after the nerf. he has 7 really good strengths, losing a few of them will hurt but he will still be very strong.
fair (6f/12dmg max / very active/ very large ridiculous hitbox/ends really fast)
uair (3f/can kill/throw followup/ridiculous hitbox)
good grab w/ dthrow. dthrow/bthrow mixup at edge/uthrow guaranteed kill at some percents
banana (punish a ton of things on shield, force situations)
monkey flip (ridiculous priority, refreshes if diddy gets hit, very good for recovery)
dtilt (basically a jab but does way more damage and has more range than most jabs)

then there's still bair and fsmash which are also really good. idk he has too much.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Online pre-registration cut-off for the Official TGC event #2 is exactly 19 days away and so if you plan on attending, please click the link below to purchase your venue pass AND 1vs1 pass online (please include your gamer tag in the box or as part of your real name). Pre-registering for this online guarantees that will have a seeded spot in pools/bracket. This will also allow me to post pools/brackets ahead of time to allow players a chance to see who they will fight before they walk in the door. If you do not pre-reg you won't know who you will fight ahead of time and I will just throw you into a pool/bracket at random.

Can we beat the previous record of 209 Smash 4 1vs1 entrants that was set at TGC 1? Could we possibly do 250? Share this post on your wall and tell your friends to sign up ASAP. Let's prove once again that Houston is THE place to play Smash 4 with another recording breaking turnout!

SWF Tournament Page
www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/

FB Event Page

https://www.facebook.com/events/623049984505771/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Time to see if Fliphop will remain a top player if Diddy is nerfed lol
Unless they absolutely nerf *everything* he has, I doubt Diddy will ever be bad this game. Maybe in Smash 5.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Date (Saturday)| Tourney | Tourney
April 11th | |
April 18th | ARFI 4 (Austin) |
April 25th | TGC 2 (Houston) |
May 2nd | |
May 9th | TX Showdown (Houston) |
May 16th | WINGS 4 (San Antonio) |
May 23rd | Comic Palooza (Houston, 1k pot) |
May 30th | 2-Day Regional (Austin) |

Am I missing anything?

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
April 11th | |
May 2nd | |

Am I missing anything?

"WINGS 4"

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Guys if any of u had gold or platinum on club Nintendo go to the site for a free download code on the select games they have.
It's an ok selection but could of been better.

Xyro77

April 11th | |
May 2nd | |

Am I missing anything?
Do WINGS 4 on May 2nd

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ah, that time of the year where people must choose between school finals and Smash...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would assume not because impending patch. Unless someone wants to throw some sort of disgusting one stock Diddy-only tourney.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Yes, let's have a Diddy only tourney to celebrate the (possible) end of hoohah.

Let's make it customs legal while we're at it.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I would assume not because impending patch. Unless someone wants to throw some sort of disgusting one stock Diddy-only tourney.
Patch date wasn't known until less than a week ago.

Plus its kind of irrelevant. People have events the day the patch comes out.

Xyro77

Don't get your hopes up for DIDDY being Nerfed.

2 patches have come and gone with no Diddy nerf.

9 days until we see

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I have no expectations from the patch, so I can't be disappointed. I will be amused however if there are no major changes besides adding a half percent damage to random character's jab because vague reasons.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hopefully he's nerfed. Keep saying the same thing. Funny how people going nuts over the Zero knee read. Saw Razer did that to Tesh months ago. lol

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
im pretty sure he'll be nerfed. i'm also sure he's going to destroy most of the cast still unless they do a lot.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hopefully he's nerfed. Keep saying the same thing. Funny how people going nuts over the Zero knee read. Saw Razer did that to Tesh months ago. lol
Told you that Razer is a nobody in the grand scheme. That's fine, overconfidence and elitism are the #1 pitfalls of being a top player.

Last edited:

Trela

Smash Lord
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31nnrn/i_believe_texas_has_finally_solidified_who_their/

Probably shouldn't of mentioned that we're not interested in 2 stock custom tournaments, as I'm not really one to say so on behalf of SA and Houston, and downvotes might be a thing because of it.

Still, praise be to Megafox.

Who's interested in going to the Garage Weekly tomorrow over here in Cypress? I'm considering going and busting out the Marth this time, but if there's not enough interest then I'll just skip out on this one.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Prince_Trela?

Seriously, what?

Who are you?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I might swing by later. Won't be able to attend the actual tournament. Meeting up some wedding clients on Tuesday.

Edit: Can you post that Combo I did to Whispy sometime?

Last edited:
Top Bottom