• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wouldn't mind hanging out if there is something going on this weekend.

Been a while since I've done that...spotting DANGER when it happens.

Good times.

Xenoblades 3DS also comes out on Friday.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
For those interested here is the event page for the College station tournament https://www.facebook.com/events/1118095468216246/

only big names for smash 4 i know going are denti and i think aerolink would be going with him as well. It would be pretty cool if you guys helped support my other scene! I know 2 stocks and customs are a big turnoff but whatever
I'm cool with those things.

Maybe Razer/Trela will come along for fun? They are both actually very good with/against customs.

Suspect

Smash Hero
lol cant believe Nintendo is allowed to get away with their bull****. NEW 3ds isnt that much different from the 3ds XL. they come out with some kind of new system like every year and people keep buying it. Already been talk of a new home console.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's because Xenoblade pushed the Wii to its limits. Porting the game probably not have been possible for 3DS, so New 3DS was best they could do. It's obvious that some parts will still suffer, but that's how it is.

You don't have to buy it, you can still find Wii copies for sale online for silly prices or other frowned upon methods.

Also, Sony is more guilty of porting games. Persona 4 Golden is the biggest offender. And look at the PS4...ports ports ports.

This gen has been lazy on all sides.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
New home consoles are being researched and slowly developed the moment the previous one is released. The deals with devs, media Titans like Netflix/hulu/twitch and advertisers must be struck.

It's a very long process and that is why they start so early.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
It's because Xenoblade pushed the Wii to its limits. Porting the game probably not have been possible for 3DS, so New 3DS was best they could do. It's obvious that some parts will still suffer, but that's how it is.

You don't have to buy it, you can still find Wii copies for sale online for silly prices or other frowned upon methods.

Also, Sony is more guilty of porting games. Persona 4 Golden is the biggest offender. And look at the PS4...ports ports ports.

This gen has been lazy on all sides.
not talking about porting games. talking about rehashing systems. there's only 2 vitas out lol.

Xenoblade pushing the wii to its limits it crazy seeing as how it just looks like a glorified ps2 game. If nintendo cant keep up in home consoles thats on them cause the other companies arent having problems doing so.

and I cant find anything about the NEW 3ds being a much stronger system.

and I dont get the Persona 4 golden remark. its a ps2 port to a newer system with added content and HD. thats better than having smash 4 on 3ds and wii u....those are from the same generation

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It is a difference for games that were designed to take advantage.

Monstsr Hunter 4 is one of the major examples. Regular 3DS had some slowdowns and some textures look bad. New 3DS actually improves the framerates and gives better textures. Nothing huge, but it does what it promises. There are some picture examples if you want to find them.

Compare this to the Pokemon games. Nothing is improved, because they weren't designed to include the better hardware changes.

Keep in mind that ALL of the big 3 are guilty of rehashing systems.

But yeah, I will say this gen has been a letdown from all sides.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
New 3DS is just like the DSi or the Gameboy Advance SP. Its just an upgraded version with a little more content.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pretty much.

Not sure why people are complaining when there is always, ALWAYS a hardware revision of Nintendo handhelds. Get the last one if you can wait.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Sony made 3-4 psp revisions.
in 5 years and neither of them were required to play certain "new" games. one was just digital only

3ds has 4 revisions already

and the regular ds also had 4 in 5 years

Vita only has one revision so far :troll:

Xyro77

The point is, revisions are common. Nintendo/Sony both do it.

And yes, the vita doesn't have 3-4 revisions. I wonder how nice that is from last place?

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I'm cool with those things.

Maybe Razer/Trela will come along for fun? They are both actually very good with/against customs.
if you guys are up for it, i can set up housing, sadly i wont be in town for this due to prior commitments but itll be a fun tournament

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hope Mewtwo has stupid customs.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I hope Mewtwo has stupid customs.
I expect his neutral and up b to be boring like Zelda and Lucario/Samus, but down and side b are so unique I can't imagine what they would have in mind.

Also the possibility of him winding up like Palutena since they have been working on pretty much just him and Lucas right?

Xyro77

Can someone teach me about reddit? i just made an account and its the worst forum/directory i have ever seen.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Sometimes reading this thread is like seeing who can make someone angry more

Xyro77

Finished Bayo 1 and 2. Just realized a huge spoiler that i missed the first time around.

The ending of Bayo 2 is the beginning of bayo 1 and the ending of Bayo 1 is the beginning of Bayo 2. The game will forever go in a circle. I wonder if Platinum Games did this on purpose in case a 3rd bayo never happens.

Xyro77

I am also replaying ZombiU but this time its with my GF on the weekends.

This game is SEVERELY underrated. Seriously the hardest Zombie survival game i have ever played. Mainly because it gives you ammo every once in a blue moon and Zombies will kill you in one grab. If you die, your dead body becomes a zombie that you must kill if you want to get your stuff ammo/supplies back. If you die again in the process of doing this, you lose absolutely every single thing that was being carried by your Zombified self. You might as well restart the game.

Phenomenal game. PLEASE pick it up. Its dirt cheap now.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Xyro your samus is entertaining to watch, just watch your mm set vs Nike lmao, the way you play...smh, pretty unique

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
http://imgur.com/RFjtLw9

WINGS 3 (has a nice ring to it) videos are starting to upload now. I'll add descriptions and publish them tomorrow night. Now, I sleep and wake up for work at 8am. :4shulk::smash:

Top Bottom