• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
If you all want to be known, go tout your results in the character boards/FB and in that thread. If you sit back, nothing will happen.
Nah. In Brawl, I was still underestimated even though I was the second best Snake. I was on the boards and generally got it known out there. But now that I've changed my name and Texas is relatively unknown outside Dallas/Diddyland, I'm super unknown. I'm willing to bet I'm better than all those Falcons lol. But I won't brag or put my name out there this time around. I'll just do my work in tournament play. Unfortunately, going OOS is a risk just because I would be seeded lower than what I really am.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, it's actually kinda criminal how hard Texas gets ignored.
Texas' talent pool is pretty great. :applejack:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Do Splatoon amiibos unlock something I would care about?

I'm most likely just going to play 4v4 online, I don't thnk I'm going to bother with them.

@ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer thats what you get for changing your name, if you kept it, people would assume you are awesome at smash 4 even if you dont have results.

Falcon is a top tier and there are ALOT of good Falcons out there so don't get too ahead of yourself. Zero is obviously better than you and Doom does well in a tougher region as well. Plus you aren't the only unknown player that wrecks stuff. If you arent in Dallas or east coast, you probably arent on stream every weekend getting hyped.

Suspect

Smash Hero
funny, yesterday I played a diddy my first match, lost, then played a sheik in losers, lost. lol

btw, kongo jungle is a good cp to fight a sheik. 2-0 on that stage against sheiks :denzel: :troll:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Yea, no stagespikes, barrel makes gimping very difficult against any halfway decent character. Far blastzones pretty much guarantee max rage every stock.

@ Espy Rose Espy Rose I guess it depends on what "top" means. High is probably more accurate. I see him easily in top ten.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Do Splatoon amiibos unlock something I would care about?

I'm most likely just going to play 4v4 online, I don't thnk I'm going to bother with them.

@ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer thats what you get for changing your name, if you kept it, people would assume you are awesome at smash 4 even if you dont have results.

Falcon is a top tier and there are ALOT of good Falcons out there so don't get too ahead of yourself. Zero is obviously better than you and Doom does well in a tougher region as well. Plus you aren't the only unknown player that wrecks stuff. If you arent in Dallas or east coast, you probably arent on stream every weekend getting hyped.
Lol, even if I didn't change my name, TX gets little to no recognition.

Falcon is high tier, not top tier and definitiely has exploitable attributes. Zero is better than everyone. I've yet to see him go all Falcon when it matters though. Lol I've seen the other Falcons. Still think I'm better. But like I said, I'm not gonna push it out there or stuff. Just will try to body the tournaments I go to. Never said I was the only unknown. EC, Dallas, and some WC is what gets pushed.

Nike.

Smash Hero
SAM3 is tmrw!!!

Doors open at 10:00am.
Address: 5525 Blanco Rd Suite 108 & 109 San Antonio, Texas

Schedule:
10:00am | Doors Open and sign ups begin
12:00pm | Nike vs Xyro MM
12:30pm | Smash WiiU Doubles
2:30pm | Smash WiiU Singles (may start a little later, depends on doubles)
10:00pm | Clean-Up 12:00am | Doors Close

My number is 210 324 4295. Call/txt for any questions or concerns.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The list is trying to use a pretty straight forward logic.
If any of you have any idea at all what "Six degrees of separation" is you wouldn't be having issues with recognition (P.S. we're all connected by six degrees of separation)
It's an iterative process, we have first degree players and now we're looking at second degree connections. Texas has flip, denti and alsm for building up connections.

If there is a wording for the explanation of how this system works that will be more understandable to more people I'd appreciate suggestions :)
Streams/etc aren't what's justifying the list. Victories/results over those already enlisted are.
Scenes that are more proactive will be biased towards them (no matter what, always, no system is ever going to fully solve this), but I think with this the "bias" is clear cut and currently not applicable for disenfranchising scenes like this one. Mexico and Australia seem to be practically connectionless, so feel for those poor souls~

It also looking at not just putting the best "player" of a character with no recognizable results in just because there's nothing/no one else to compare with.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Omni just tried to blame 3 stock for Apex being boring as hell.

Thats right, Apex top 16 was soooooooo boring that he thought it was 3 stock.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Quick questions:
This wasn't Pre register right?

Whats the Address for Syncs place?

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 do you still have room for one more? (if not, its cool, ill try finding someone else if i end up going)

And Doubles anyone?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Omni just tried to blame 3 stock for Apex being boring as hell.

Thats right, Apex top 16 was soooooooo boring that he thought it was 3 stock.
Yes, because stock count makes the game boring, not how the people were playing the game.

Brilliant.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Only Nintendo characters will be considered for the voting of DLC

nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-fighter-ballot-may-only-be-limited-to-nintendo-characters/

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I defeated Nike (marth) 3-1.

San Antonios Monthlies (SAM) has been renamed "WHY AM I TRASH" or "WAIT."

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
After Denti's 2nd loss as Diddy, his Sheik was on the verge of being 3 stocked and ended the match early.

Top Bottom