• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A tournament on my side?

I'm def going :]
DOUBLES!?
Hello, I am currently 15 years old and I want to become a wooper 卅(◕‿◕)卅. I know there’s a million people out there just like me, but I promise you I’m different. On December 14th, I’m moving to Johto; home of the greatest wooper 卅(◕‿◕)卅. I’ve already cut off my arms. I may not be a wooper 卅(◕‿◕)卅 yet, but I promise you if you give me a chance and the support I need, I will become the greatest wooper 卅(◕‿◕)卅

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Hello, I am currently 15 years old and I want to become a wooper 卅(◕‿◕)卅. I know there’s a million people out there just like me, but I promise you I’m different. On December 14th, I’m moving to Johto; home of the greatest wooper 卅(◕‿◕)卅. I’ve already cut off my arms. I may not be a wooper 卅(◕‿◕)卅 yet, but I promise you if you give me a chance and the support I need, I will become the greatest wooper 卅(◕‿◕)卅

Zori

Smash Champion
Yes my young trela it's time to show the world the broken that is Megaman/ Charizard

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Plz stop nerds.

Live 10 mins from the venue apparently so I'll prob go. Why is it starting at 5 PM though? Xyro, there no way you can convince them to run it earlier? It'd be more convenient for most imo.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
It would be less convenient for some... People often miss tournament because they work half of the day.

More time could = higher cap though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
S@DD is kinda like an insomnia situation. Meaning, start kinda late and finish by 12.

I promise you, if it passes the cap, it can still be finished before 12. They won't turn people away. Just bring set-ups to
Ensure things go fast. I'll make sure it's ran right too. Just go and have fun.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319

Teshie U

Smash Lord
A tournament on my side?

I'm def going :]
I thought you were from the North?

I think the facebook says the actually events start at 6-8, so you should be fine Zori.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 If more setup will help, I can bring a couple of TVs if I manage to show up.

I'll be down to do some money matches if I can't enter however.

I have a fully unlocked setup and I'm down to do TGC/Houston rules or EVO/Dallas rules

Player-4

See you in 25 years

Trela

Smash Lord
Dallas rules?
Dallas has always run their tournaments with 2 stock 6 minutes, now moving onto the new EVO Ruleset with 2 stock 5 minutes and custom moves.

Houston has always run their tournaments with 3 stock 7 minutes, and I don't think we're gonna be changing that anytime soon.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Isn't Pasadena on the west.

I should probably make a map of Houston players for reference. Of course only those that don't mind being stalked a little.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Hmm...

Welp. See you guys at SFC. Which is...

**** why is the Houston area so big?

I wanna play Nanasuki tho

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Isn't Pasadena on the west.

I should probably make a map of Houston players for reference. Of course only those that don't mind being stalked a little.
Wat?

Pasadena is southeast side...

Xyro77

Xyro77

The venue doesn't have a lot of chairs so if possible bring some. I'll try and bring some too.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
RT no! now the copy pastas r real in this thread.
mite as well stream the houston thread on twitch...

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
so played smash 4 today in cstat. enjoyed it a little more. only really because everyone i played was really fun and aggressive. sadly that isnt the case for everyone ha

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
also aside from "pick a better character" any tips on Dark Pit? i know he has down throw to up smash confirmed till after 45ish and he edge guards well

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
I'm aggressive too!

I think Zult is a decent dark pit, he knows combos and stuff. I'm sure he'd love to share that info with you.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
also aside from "pick a better character" any tips on Dark Pit? i know he has down throw to up smash confirmed till after 45ish and he edge guards well
I'd recommend Pit first of all.

Dark Pit is quite honestly the least "special" clone in smash history. He is EXACTLY the same except for 3 or 4 moves, all of which are downgrades because of the difference.

His voice acting is swag, and so is his victory theme, but you'll have more options with Pit.

@ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer

These japanese vines showcase so many things, that no one seems to know about over here.

More useful dashdancing https://vine.co/v/O0mvzJlwAHw
Rosalina's eternal suffering https://vine.co/v/Oj5UXvDhXd5

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'd recommend Pit first of all.

Dark Pit is quite honestly the least "special" clone in smash history. He is EXACTLY the same except for 3 or 4 moves, all of which are downgrades because of the difference.

wronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Pits arrows can be turned instead of just angled, improving his edgeguard and zoning game. They do trivially less damage.
Pits side B kills off of the top, instead of the side. Making it more consistent as a kill move.
Pits Ftilt is much stronger and is a somewhat viable late killer. Unless Dark Pit is using ftilt to start combos, there is no benefit to it being weaker.

These are the only differences aside from taunts, final smashes, victory themes and sound effects.

Honestly they should have given Dark Pit more jumps/better air game. IIRC he can fly infinitely on his own and doesn't need palutena's help. It would make sense for him to spend as much time in the air as possible. Could have made his attacks stronger and slower too, a sign of his recklessness and lack of discipline. He'd still likely be worse, but they didn't make him feel as "different" as the other clones.

Top Bottom