• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
However logistically they're very iffy since they'd bring up a lot of different possibilities and no doubt muddying up the tier list
So I'm still neutral

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would argue against them just for logistical reasons. They would be a hassle to set up, and you would have to put a timer in-between matches just to make sure people don't spend decades if they want to use a custom move or go back to a regular move. And even if you use the 3DS method to load them, what if someone is not available to do this or they are in another match? Wait for them to finish the match to start another one?

Then comes the question if some are more broken then others. How do you determine if something is broken? It would be very arbitrary and opinion-based to say, "this move is unfair, BAN IT." The moment you ban only specific moves instead of all of them as a whole, you create another MK-esque problem: not considering a problem as a whole. You have to create a ruleset that does not create character bias, but arbitrarily banning moves goes against this.

I hope the Smash community would learn from Brawl not to repeat the same pitfalls as before, but I'm not so sure they can do this. I honestly would not want them just because it over-complicates everything, sort of like 8-player stages being allowed. I don't care which side wins, BUT I do want an informed decision/judgement.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
People really shouldn't be spending ages between matches doing anything, but they do. I think we need a timer between matches regardless. What happened at Apex was disgustingly stupid.

Logistical reasons are the most valid and evident concern and there is no easy solution. Its a big problem at low level play where people might want to try something sub-optimal and the preset system sort of goes against the ability to fluidly adapt your moveset. But with the hell we go though with adapters, wireless controllers, stagelists etc. its already clear none of this was designed with "us" in mind.

And yea, 8 player stages are easily as much of a problem logistically as customs. Its sad because these are issues that could easily be solved if Nintendo cared to address it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want more rare materials. I want them all...

Last edited:

ChaosPandora

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosPandora
3DS FC
4656-8341-5529
I don't go out much. I've only ever been in a brawl tournament at my school and the smash wii u tournament this year. I plan on going to the dragon'sdragon's den tournament this Saturday though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Make sure you ask a guy named Xyro about Hobo 12. He will be more than happy to tell you about it.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Defintely come out more and play. You'll see alot of us pretty often and new faces are always welcome.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Make sure to to remind him to pick up his son Onion. He forgot to pick him up yesterday from school

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Dammit old man! I'm stuck in the freezing rain because of you! F you to the highest levels of poop!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I don't go out much. I've only ever been in a brawl tournament at my school and the smash wii u tournament this year. I plan on going to the dragon'sdragon's den tournament this Saturday though.
Hi, new here!

Welcome, guys! My name is, Xyro. I am the lead TO for Houston as well as Texas in terms of Smash WiiU. If you have any questions about this thread, tournaments or smash in general, please ask me or make a post here. We would love to help you and train you.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Plus, why are you on FB when you're supposed to be at work!? God dammit, old man! You disgust me! First, you leave me here in the freezing rain, and now you're on FB!? You're even on web! I hope you get fired, old man! That way, I get to see your face when you pick me up in shame!

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Are you a cute girl Chaos

Never mind you're not
The hunt continues

Last edited by a moderator:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Thanks Gamma. I've been sleeping on bomb jumps for a long time. No Villager gonna gimp me off stage!

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
This is for everyone who is annoyed by my likes:
image.jpg

You're welcome.
So... With this out of the way... Can I continue to like everything from 2008 now? XYRO PLEASE! It's my destiny!

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Life is Monster Hunter.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Razer dont lie, you TRIED to literally spam it and you got demolished. Then you started using the rest of the character and that was how you were able to beat me. You got me with some nice shield breaks, you got past a couple of juggles and upaired me, you double baired when I thought you wouldn't. But at no point did you actually win matches by just up Bing me the whole time.

You traveled around the country to support MK invalidating all kind of skill, but customs are 100% no fair in a game where Diddy Kong just grabs you over and over. Also banning Diddy Kong and banning DK Up B is the same. Remove the (perceived) problem and then you can still play the whole rest of the game with no problem. You are honestly being a pretty big hypocrite if you want to complain about Diddy and want him banned but not offer the same measured response to one questionable move.

Razer, you want me to believe you based on things you are unable to show me and I'll respect that maybe you believe it for reasons you can't accurately show me right now.

Let me just give you a hypothetical situation. After you 3-0d me in tournament what if I told you that Megaman was broken, that he needed to be banned and that despite the fact that megaman wasn't winning any tournaments or looking remotely viable at a national level I knew that he was overpowered and I just wasn't trying. Would you honestly take that seriously?

As I said, you might be right. I'd rather experience it and find out than just take the word of someone who clearly doesn't know either. In any case I still had fun playing with you. Much much more fun than I expected when I knew you would pick DK and try to cheese me.
This whole post is invalidated. I traveled across MK legal events cause there were literally no major pro ban tourneys minus in Houston. Guess what? I won't travel for customs nor 2 stocks in this game. Wtf is so complicated about understanding my views? I want Diddy banned. I don't want customs legal nor do I want 2 stocks. So trust me, I'm not a hypocrite lol. My views are straight black and effing white. You know darn well some of these moves take away from being competitive.

Xyro, ban all pro customs people forever. If they try to enter TGC, put their head on a pike for everyone to see.

Top Bottom