• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I was looking for a Texas thread for my friend that lives in Houston that's in my crew. I guess this is the place for him to meet the competitive smashers around Houston?

And the LA thread posts upcoming tournaments on the front page. How do y'all get informed about yall's tournaments?

CY

Smash Ace
Yo, anyone have Ghosts for the 360? I got it the other day and I've played it a lil' bit. Only level 16 but got dat 2.6 K/D while mostly rushing. Haven't played COD in a long time but it's still pretty easy, heh. It's actually a decent CoD, the maps are just ****ing awful; if the maps were better it would be really good. Besides that, it's pretty solid--the hit detection is spot on. The guns are pretty balanced, too. I just wish subs were more viable. It's a very assault rifle based game so far.

Send a friend request to 'yezaK' if anyone is down to play.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think the maps a diverse, complex and pretty cool in design (everything looks surprisingly ugly though). I just feel like I'd rather be playing blops2 on these maps.

CY

Smash Ace
Mmm idk what do you want lol, I'll do any BP 48 item or lower.

And CY everyone is on the PS3 but yeah the maps are ***, this is my least favorite MW CoD so far.
Yeah, I forgot most of y'all play on PS3. But I am getting the PS4 instead of the Xbox One since the Xbox is going to suck.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Mmm idk what do you want lol, I'll do any BP 48 item or lower.
I already got all the BP items I need. Got any good-natured pokemon from breeding, or pokemon with good eggmoves? Don't care too much about the IVs since I can always breed for good IVs later, that's the easy part. I figure you probably have some stuff laying around from breeding.

:059:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I know online works fine, only complaint ive heard about it, is its completely dead because no one owns a wii u AND one of the rare games that supports online.

My point is that nintendo does NOTHING with online, despite having alot of potential there. A really good Metroid or Starfox game with online could be as big as Mario Kart was last gen (people still playing this **** man).

Everyone with ghosts on ps3 add "tesh" on PSN.
Screw the online (not rly tho)

Nintendo has a mansion of IPs that are ripe for bringing back. Like Ice Climbers and Yoshis (that's getting a new game finally but you get my point)

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I already got all the BP items I need. Got any good-natured pokemon from breeding, or pokemon with good eggmoves? Don't care too much about the IVs since I can always breed for good IVs later, that's the easy part. I figure you probably have some stuff laying around from breeding.

I have some perfect Noibats and a Beldum but don't really wanna give them up for just lefties.

I have a bunch of other 3 perfect IV Noibats with Timid nature and infiltrator if you want one of those tho or I could breed you a good Marill, Beldum, Gible, or Larvitar.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Really, Ice Climbers?

How about an actual challenging game, like F-Zero?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nintendo direct tomorrow focused on "previously announced 3DS titles". This could include a reveal for smash brothers as we have a Zelda, Mario Party, Yoshi and Kirby game on the way.

Also I'm confirmed for Apocalypse if there is space in a carpool.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have some perfect Noibats and a Beldum but don't really wanna give them up for just lefties.

I have a bunch of other 3 perfect IV Noibats with Timid nature and infiltrator if you want one of those tho or I could breed you a good Marill, Beldum, Gible, or Larvitar.
I'll trade leftovers for Larvitar. I've got lots of Dittos with good IVs and stuff so it doesn't take me too long to breed 5IV pokemon.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Rosalina playable in 3D World. There is alot more to this game than I thought. The Super Luigi U style stages are already in there this time too, so thats good. Free DLC for Pikmin launching next month. Too bad I don't really like that game much.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
YOU DAMN NEW GEN.

But yeah, you picked the absolute worst example.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I was looking for a Texas thread for my friend that lives in Houston that's in my crew. I guess this is the place for him to meet the competitive smashers around Houston?

And the LA thread posts upcoming tournaments on the front page. How do y'all get informed about yall's tournaments?
Since nobody responded this is the place to go. If there are tournaments it would be posted here as well.

Off topic I bought 3 ps4 games for 90 dollars.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Let me guess, they were all multiplats?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So you bought the BLAST PROCESSING hype?

YOU DISGUST ME.

In other news, I read the PS4 wobbles.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The last Mario game I enjoyed was SM3DL for 3ds. Before that? Sunshine? Before that? Mario 3. Other than that, I dislike Mario.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Flip, you are a brave soul for getting a launch-day PS4. People are already reporting bricking and overheating issues.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Coincidentally I'm in a /v/ thread where a Sony employee is answering questions, one of em being the issue with the bricking and such with them trying to fix it.
"They have. But like I said, PS4 is just a means to an end. A chance to sell a new tv, a new subwoofer, strengthen the blu-ray brand, etc."

Tesh

Smash Hero
Make a million of anything and some of them won't work. Especially when its first being launched.

Buying at launch is usually a bad deal for almost anything though. I guess there is some magic to it somewhere...

Xyro, I am impressed with SM3DW now too, the E3 presentation made it look like it would be as dull as NSMBU, but I've been watching the IGN videos and the direct yesterday and I'm pretty sold on that and now even Mario Party. We should get together and play next weekend (saturday is apocalypse though).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Make a million of anything and some of them won't work. Especially when its first being launched.
Wii? GC? PS2? Xbox 1? Dreamcast? PS1?

PS2 especially, since it sold a metric **** ton on launch. Yet there weren't issues with these consoles until maybe months after launch, if not a year after launch. I know for a fact that the Wii didn't start having issues until around 2008 due to lens reading troubles.

So I really don't buy "well if you make a **** ton of em some won't work."

I can understand but, I don't see it as an excuse when previous disc based consoles didn't roll out with factory issues en masse.

Correct me if I'm wrong tho so there is egg of my face.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Wii? GC? PS2? Xbox 1? Dreamcast? PS1?

PS2 especially, since it sold a metric **** ton on launch. Yet there weren't issues with these consoles until maybe months after launch, if not a year after launch. I know for a fact that the Wii didn't start having issues until around 2008 due to lens reading troubles.

So I really don't buy "well if you make a **** ton of em some won't work."

I can understand but, I don't see it as an excuse when previous disc based consoles didn't roll out with factory issues en masse.

Correct me if I'm wrong tho so there is egg of my face.

good job comparing these next gen more complexed consoles/technology to those old ones. Ironically all those were easily hackable

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You mean the next gen consoles that use the much more documented, developed, and used x86 processor architecture? That essentially turns the consoles pretty much into PCs?

Also how does that excuse overheating issues? Unless its a caused by the firmware/OS.

Also easily hackable doesn't have any sort of parallel with firmware being stable.

Unsecure is unsecure.
Unstable is unstable.

Edit: I do realize that because these devices are essentially PCs, they're pretty much running OSes and OSes are far more complex than firmware of previous consoles.

The PS4 runs a modified version of FreeBSD. You can argue its not the most developed out of all the free OSes and that they are heavily modifying it for their own purpose. However, the PS3 uses FreeBSD as well, so its not like they're brand new to the OS. They stuck with FreeBSD while migrating to the easier to use and more widely used x86 from Cell.

That being said, I don't think that's enough to excuse shipping a device with firmware/OS that results in bricks pretty much at launch.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Kinda. I'm sure the R&D team is doing good QA and want the time and money to work out the kinks, but shareholders and maybe exec who don't really grasp technology tend to force the hands of the company devs. "Get x out by the start of holiday season to maximize profits else you don't get that bonus."

Of course this is a perception that is painting Sony devs in a good light.

I feel that this age of being able to patch and fix mistakes is giving companies (and publishers) bull**** justification to push things out earlier than they should as the ramification is no where near as bad as pre-patch days.

Now a days, all they get is some poor PR which they can even reduce the net impact of by giving out free stuff as an apology.

There is nothing wrong with updating firmware to fix issues but I wish for this to not become a trend with new gen console launches.

Day 1 system updates are also gearing up to be a thing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom