• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
if you had made the second set, you wouldn't have been able to use it all with your lance, so you picked the right one. I'll play after I go eat, so give me like 30 minutes or so.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Alrighty. I really hope I can live/kill stuff now. Using armor cores on my normal armor took forever. And my boner lance sucked.

Xyro77

so i make this bad ass green tweety armor and i still get ***** in HR3.

F THIS GAME ALL DAY

CY

Smash Ace
The **** happened to this thread/community? The only thing talked about now is MH; it's like everyone is a nerd zombie who just plays MH.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@Xyro

I'm curious, how are you in HR3 when you are having trouble with one-star quests in solo.

Leeching perhaps?

Xyro77

I help out RT. only when the monster is dazed or falls. In single player I can't do that because I have no partners.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Let me tell you a secret.

You ready?

It's called solo because you're supposed to be able to take out the monsters yourself. How do you do this? By learning what to do. How? By...here's the kicker...PLAYING THE GAME. The game teaches you the basics of everything in single player, up to two star quests (which are considered tutorials). Hell, I'm almost in the same spot as you, but the only major difference is that I played solo so I understand what to do. If you're having trouble with the two star quests which are tutorials, then...

It's cool Zano is helping you advance through the ranks (he is pretty much carrying you from what I noticed), but what you are doing won't help in higher ranks. People really, really hate leeches.

Gea

Smash Master
Are you doing the nullberry farming and cheap fishing boat treasure hunts? Lods of cash. I am constantly upkeeping three weapon types and buy tons of crap and I have six digits easy.

Xyro77

Dude zano has put in over 85 hours, hr 6 and has g rank gear, so he's carrying everybody who plays with him. Obviously I'm not carrying the weight he is but I def help.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So you're having him kill the monsters....but you're not learning or playing so you're not getting better.

Hitting a monster once/twice, carting, then running away is NOT contributing.

In fact, by carting, you're actually taking away reward money. So you're really not even leeching correctly...

So why are you even playing the game?

Xyro77

If I land a hit
And hits contribute to the death/capture of a monster
I am helping

Case closed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Every time you cart is -500 hits on your record, so...have fun making that up.

Gea

Smash Master
Not that. How do I do that Gea?
Things you need: Resource points, which the best way to get them is fight agnaktor/uragaan once or twice and trade in the lava nuggets for 1500 points per nugget. Dung, which the big bag lady can randomly sell in the port, and you need the farm unlocked, obviously. Also at least 1 nullberry to start.

Max cycle farming nullberries with dung costs like 200? resource points which is extremely cheap for a full cycle. Sell them all as they come in. Rinse and repeat. Each day of farming should give you anywhere from 2-5k if you have all three farms going.

Talk to the fishing boat lady and send out all the boats to the first treasure spot (30 resource points a pop) or the pirate treasure if it appears. Sell off everything but the question mark items. Combine the items to make different kinds of crowns. Sell those for big bucks. If you do get the pirate area they can bring back stuff that's worth 10k easy a pop. When you run low on resources do a hunt or two for lava nuggets and repeat. Don't forget you can check on your farm while doing online hunts by talking to the fast travel cat near the equipment box.

Here is a video showing off the same strategy:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
When I watch leaf run up to a monster and shield but still get knocked down.....it's means what I said was correct.

When I see Trela hit a monster once and before he can get another hit off he get knocked down due to no hit stun......it means what I said was correct.

So yeah, I know what I'm talking about.
I use Switch Axe and Hunting Horn, they don't have shields.

Xyro77

I tried an arena quest and it made me use one of those (how can u use your own equipment). I think I had to fight a blue bear. Died 3 times and quit.

**** game.

Gea

Smash Master
You use premade sets in arena. You died three times to the weakest boss in the game with relevant equipment. Congrats.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In smash terms, he lost to a lvl 1 CPU.

What a new gen.

Xyro77

You can't shield
You can't avoid cause he has a decently big swipe (both arm swipe)
Sometimes he swipes once
Sometimes it's 2 times
Sometimes it's 3

**** game.

Tesh

Smash Hero
xyro how much would you sell me your copy of monster hunter for?

I know its a bad game, but I can't simply sit here and watch you suffer.

Xyro77

45$.

i bought it for 59$ which ending up being like 59.99+4.95 tax so that pretty much 65$. i just gave you a 20$ reduction and ill even drive it to syncs when u head over there so that would prevent you spending gas on a trip to GS (since you already were going to syncs for smash).

Tesh

Smash Hero
nah i can get on ebay for 40...

btw bring back sync's table next time you come over please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom