• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
How you play in doubles =/= how you play in singles. Not even remotely close.

For starts, there is....oh I don't know, double the amount of characters usually on the stage at one time. Spacing is different as you have to avoid hitting your partner while keeping the other two back. You can't go for KOs in the same way, you can't rack up damage in the same way, your attention is more divided, and some characters plain old do worse in doubles then in singles and vise versa. How well your partner plays effects what you do and how well you do. If your partner is taking a nose dive you will be affected negatively. And thats before adding in possible two on one situations.

You'd have to be really stupid to even consider judging a person's 1 vs 1 abilities by their 2 vs 2 abilities. You'd get a better comparison from item legal tournaments then doubles. On top of all of this, there is the small fact that we actually know our own players better then you do Inui. Hard to grasp I know, but let it digest for a while.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
dojo, razer, somebody please show this mouth what texas is all about
They are better than me. They are also better people than the rest of you, haha.

Lol we don't need to go that high broly.
Yes, you do.

yea we just need to get ruddy
Yawn.

Qft.

10inuiimgettingscarednow
Of...what?

How you play in doubles =/= how you play in singles. Not even remotely close.

For starts, there is....oh I don't know, double the amount of characters usually on the stage at one time. Spacing is different as you have to avoid hitting your partner while keeping the other two back. You can't go for KOs in the same way, you can't rack up damage in the same way, your attention is more divided, and some characters plain old do worse in doubles then in singles and vise versa. How well your partner plays effects what you do and how well you do. If your partner is taking a nose dive you will be affected negatively. And thats before adding in possible two on one situations.

You'd have to be really stupid to even consider judging a person's 1 vs 1 abilities by their 2 vs 2 abilities. You'd get a better comparison from item legal tournaments then doubles. On top of all of this, there is the small fact that we actually know our own players better then you do Inui. Hard to grasp I know, but let it digest for a while.
In your first sentence, you try to educate me about doubles. Therein lies the problem, and I can't possibly humor this any longer.

There is one thing I must destroy, though. You people keep saying I'm using teams to judge singles skill. Where did I specify that I was talking about singles? I made no such claim. I have been talking about overall skill the entire time, nothing else.

LOL wut? your out your mind man, so Lain Co18 Affinity Domo are nobody's?
That sounds incredibly easy in teams. >_>;

I'm used to ultra death brackets in teams because I think hosts try to screw me over because I always win in teams.

Well, I win regardless, so lol...

Esca

Smash Champion
i hope ya know that i, and 99% of texas will Laugh their god **** ***** off if you dont place 1st or 2nd in doubles. if ya think lee and haze were mad at my cheering, ya gonna be pissed at hobo 18. lolz
God****it I love you Broly.

And Inui, EVERN YOUR ****ING TEAMMATE doesn't like you. Now listen, and understand this.

You may be good at a game, but your not brilliant. Youre arrogant, childish, and more selfish than any person I've EVER met. You need to re-prioritize your life if the highlight of your day is going home and talking to a girl 3000+ miles away. Get out of your little anime dream world and either step in to the real life, or act like your mortal.

You're not gonna have Justin Wong and M2k to back you up this time, get ready for the WORST day of your life.

Now go ahead, and call me a bad smasher. Say your the best in doubles. But in reality, we're all sitting at our keyboards laughing at how bad of a person you are.

Now say you don't care. Why would DF wanna be with someone with that mindset?

You win regardless? Here's a bet, Inui. If you get first at HOBO 18, I'll bend down and kiss your hairy caveman feet, and say your the best smasher I've ever met. Hell, I'll throw in $50 dollars. However, your end of the deal is to not say a word of negativity until that day.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Doubles to compare overall skill....for a singles MM......doesnt' work at all. Not even close. Again, not comparing two things that are similar. Thats like looking how someone plays with with cars when they were young, and deciding how well they will drive now. Completely and utterly worthless in assessment.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7166357#post7166357

Frankly, thats all there is to you Inui. Getting ***** by whole states. You're right up there with comboking and RoK in posting level, except throw in a lot more pointless trash talking. I hope the live feed is good, I'm looking forward to hearing you get laughed at the whole tournament.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Im loving how inui said he gets along with TXs top players instead of the texas community, and now like the state of texas is whooping his *** right now. like even the top players are fighting with u. except dugfinn/3000 i guess

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There's really nothing we can do until tournament day.
I'll try my hardest to make HOBO18.

It's kinda...on my birthday.

...yeah.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
And Inui, EVERN YOUR ****ING TEAMMATE doesn't like you. Now listen, and understand this.
As long as it doesn't hurt our synergy, this is fine. dmbrandon hates everyone and he does great in doubles!

You may be good at a game, but your not brilliant. Youre arrogant, childish, and more selfish than any person I've EVER met. You need to re-prioritize your life if the highlight of your day is going home and talking to a girl 3000+ miles away. Get out of your little anime dream world and either step in to the real life, or act like your mortal.
Oh, I am brilliant.

You see, I keep everything in the game. I never make guesses about your personal lives like you are doing.

You are dead wrong.

You're not gonna have Justin Wong and M2k to back you up this time, get ready for the WORST day of your life.
Nothing you people can do is going to bother me. Sorry. I will enjoy spending time with the people I like, and that's not going to change because some people that don't know anything about me talk trash in a video game.

Unlike you, I keep things in the game and don't get all personal and childish.

Now go ahead, and call me a bad smasher. Say your the best in doubles. But in reality, we're all sitting at our keyboards laughing at how bad of a person you are.

Now say you don't care. Why would DF wanna be with someone with that mindset?
I am a far better person than any of you will ever have the priveledge to get to know. I have made tremendous sacrifices for many of my friends. In fact, my closest female friend lives in Texas and I have given her over $3000 to help her not get evicted and so she can eat. Perhaps you've met her at something since I meet up with her when I'm there. I refer to her as my sister. That's only the tip of the iceburg. My best friend Ivan in 2007 didn't have enough money to see his fiance, so I bought his plane ticket for him. My good friend Izumi is getting kicked out of his house and I have vowed to support him as much as I can so he doesn't have to join the military or be homeless. I am extremely devoted towards those I love.

You see, I have never had a situation where someone really gets to know me and then still dislikes me. It has never happened. If you want to get to know me, stop taking a guy that uses gifs and imitates Phoenix Wright prosecutors so seriously and chill out.

You win regardless? Here's a bet, Inui. If you get first at HOBO 18, I'll bend down and kiss your hairy caveman feet, and say your the best smasher I've ever met. Hell, I'll throw in $50 dollars. However, your end of the deal is to not say a word of negativity until that day.
You can't purchase my silence.

if i go to this, $10 mm your snake or meta, i dont care.
Sure thing. I hear you got a lot better recently.

Doubles to compare overall skill....for a singles MM......doesnt' work at all. Not even close. Again, not comparing two things that are similar. Thats like looking how someone plays with with cars when they were young, and deciding how well they will drive now. Completely and utterly worthless in assessment.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7166357#post7166357

Frankly, thats all there is to you Inui. Getting ***** by whole states. You're right up there with comboking and RoK in posting level, except throw in a lot more pointless trash talking. I hope the live feed is good, I'm looking forward to hearing you get laughed at the whole tournament.
When did I mention that I was using it to judge for a singles MM? You guys keep making that stuff. I said nothing of the sort. I was always talking about overall skill the entire time and never specified singles, doubles, or anything else.

I am good against Sonic and I'm a better player than Espy. That's where my confidence comes from. You are letting dislike of me cloud your judgment into thinking I'm bad, which is just silly.

inui, why are you so different in person than online?
I'm not actually different. I am still arrogant and funny and whatever else I am online.

However, the internet (and it does this to everyone, really) tends to make negative qualities in people more pronounced.

Anyways, this is getting boring. It's not fun when everyone gets personal and throws out middle school insults like a lot of you are doing. Texas and Florida are usually fun to antagonize because you're so hostile and cocky, but this is getting really lame.

I really do love Texas, haha. Just keep it in the game, dudes.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Don't really know you inui (maybe I do, refer to your past pms lol) but I like that you don't get all personal about it. Can't stand when people get all pissed over videogames and accuse others of being bad people and crap like that.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Don't really know you inui (maybe I do, refer to your past pms lol) but I like that you don't get all personal about it. Can't stand when people get all pissed over videogames and accuse others of being bad people and crap like that.
ROFL, I remember that! :laugh:

Yeah, I don't get personal. It's silly. Most of us barely know each other, so how can we make those judgments? I keep it all in the game.

Aww...the thread was getting so hype...whatever....

Anyways, make sure u still come Inui. I want to kill a doubles god. One down one to go.
Nothing can stop me from coming.

Do you think I'm some sort of child still breastfeeding or something? I'm not going to let some middle school insults scare me or bother me.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Suspect wherever you are your a ******

My blues are bigger
My greens are greener
My zones are flatter
My bays are greater.
And the list goes on.

I ****ing hate you you ****** *****

Just sayin^

Lolpaidaccounts

Esca

Smash Champion
As long as it doesn't hurt our synergy, this is fine. dmbrandon hates everyone and he does great in doubles!

Oh, I am brilliant.

You see, I keep everything in the game. I never make guesses about your personal lives like you are doing.

You are dead wrong.

Nothing you people can do is going to bother me. Sorry. I will enjoy spending time with the people I like, and that's not going to change because some people that don't know anything about me talk trash in a video game.

I am a far better person than any of you will ever have the priveledge to get to know. I have made tremendous sacrifices for many of my friends. In fact, my closest female friend lives in Texas and I have given her over $3000 to help her not get evicted and so she can eat. Perhaps you've met her at something since I meet up with her when I'm there. I refer to her as my sister. That's only the tip of the iceburg. My best friend Ivan in 2007 didn't have enough money to see his fiance, so I bought his plane ticket for him. My good friend Izumi is getting kicked out of his house and I have vowed to support him as much as I can so he doesn't have to join the military or be homeless. I am extremely devoted towards those I love.

You see, I have never had a situation where someone really gets to know me and then still dislikes me. It has never happened. If you want to get to know me, stop taking a guy that uses gifs and imitates Phoenix Wright prosecutors so seriously and chill out.

You can't purchase my silence.

Sure thing. I hear you got a lot better recently.

When did I mention that I was using it to judge for a singles MM? You guys keep making that stuff. I said nothing of the sort. I was always talking about overall skill the entire time and never specified singles, doubles, or anything else.

I am good against Sonic and I'm a better player than Espy. That's where my confidence comes from. You are letting dislike of me cloud your judgment into thinking I'm bad, which is just silly.

I'm not actually different. I am still arrogant and funny and whatever else I am online.

However, the internet (and it does this to everyone, really) tends to make negative qualities in people more pronounced.

Anyways, this is getting boring. It's not fun when everyone gets personal and throws out middle school insults like a lot of you are doing. Texas and Florida are usually fun to antagonize because you're so hostile and cocky, but this is getting really lame.

I really do love Texas, haha. Just keep it in the game, dudes.
but your fat.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
hey Inui, bring some east coast people with you......... have u asked anyone?

i know m2k and atomsk wont go, anyone else from NJ that would go?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Then stop. If you keep it in game, then post about HOBO 18 and nothing else. Save the trash talk for the actual day.

While those things are nice and you probably didnt ask for anything in return, ive had my fare share of doing nice things for others as well........so what? Please stop this garbage. Gifs are funny as hell but alot of this is just plain dumb.

You assumed espy was garbage based off of your 2vs2 set. its dumb. Husband and wife in melee were great examples. They were good in teams but sucked in 2vs2. Espy may be the same way. Untill you play him, nothing you say holds water. Just play him, beat him and move on. You dont lose to sonics anymore.

I agree but why does this happen in nearly every one of your posts? Not just here but all across SWF?

Just keep it in the game, dudes.
That goes for you to. Now PLEASE stop.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
You random houston guys suck seriously,not cuz you play brawl and suck,or that you guys are a big joke and have no style.or that you can't even win an argument while ganging up against inui, and I don't even remember the point,but you suck go home.lee martin taught kobe how to dribble and **** women
Inui is so goot at super smash brothers that it makes me want to get naked,rub some hot chocolate all over my body and let it drip off my **** into his mouth

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You assumed espy was garbage based off of your 2vs2 set. its dumb. Husband and wife in melee were great examples. They were good in teams but sucked in 2vs2. Espy may be the same way. Untill you play him, nothing you say holds water. Just play him, beat him and move on. You dont lose to sonics anymore.
Thanks for the confidence boost.
It's really helpful.

Besides, Zori and I only got 5th at WHOBO. It's not a big deal or anything, right?

Xyro77

Thanks for the confidence boost.
It's really helpful.

Besides, Zori and I only got 5th at WHOBO. It's not a big deal or anything, right?
no no i didnt mean it like that. Inui claims his days of losing to sonics are over. IF thats true, play espy and prove it. I wasnt degrading you at all.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
no no i didnt mean it like that. Inui claims his days of losing to sonics are over. IF thats true, play espy and prove it. I wasnt degrading you at all.
Okay, I understand then.

If I go, I'll just try as hard as I can, given whatever circumstances come my way.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL inui. i kind of love you.

So do all of my adoring fans, Herr Martin.

but your fat.
True, for now. I have lost 20 pounds since WHOBO and I'm not stopping yet.

Again, you make a childish personal attack... How sad.

I heard atomsk is coming to Hobo18? Or were people lying to me again?
No. He can't. I am the only person from my region attending.

Then stop. If you keep it in game, then post about HOBO 18 and nothing else. Save the trash talk for the actual day.
I haven't mentioned anything outside of Brawl yet.

While those things are nice and you probably didnt ask for anything in return, ive had my fare share of doing nice things for others as well........so what? Please stop this garbage. Gifs are funny as hell but alot of this is just plain dumb.
I merely presented evidence to the court in order to disprove Esca's uneducated claim.

Sorry, but I have stated many times at this point that I didn't use only that set to make my judgment. That would be stupid. I based it on an entire weekend of watching him play and his tournament performances in general.

I didn't determine that Espy was garbage, btw. I determined that he was...overrated. He definitely isn't bad.

Xyro77

Espy, don't worry about it. "Accidental" degrading comments seem to be a thing of Xyro's lately.
yea i kinda wanted to clear that up with you(my opinions are getting me into trouble recently). should we do that here?

Esca

Smash Champion

So do all of my adoring fans, Herr Martin.

True, for now. I have lost 20 pounds since WHOBO and I'm not stopping yet.

Again, you make a childish personal attack... How sad.

No. He can't. I am the only person from my region attending.

I haven't mentioned anything outside of Brawl yet.

I merely presented evidence to the court in order to disprove Esca's uneducated claim.

Sorry, but I have stated many times at this point that I didn't use only that set to make my judgment. That would be stupid. I based it on an entire weekend of watching him play and his tournament performances in general.

I didn't determine that Espy was garbage, btw. I determined that he was...overrated. He definitely isn't bad.
you took the your fat thing seriously? who needs to chill out now? i really hope you come to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom