• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
http://3dscapture.com/

Very expensive, but I could see prominent TOs/streamers like Alex Strife/Chibo/Keitaro having one of these.

For 1v1s only I'm thinking(with the recorder spectating), I imagine that 3DS would get worn down by constant use by lots of people.

IT would be awesome if replays wound up being able to be shared between console and handheld.
Xyro I have no issue at all posting in threads in other sub forums. from the sonic to link boards, ssb4 and tier list threads, this is the only one where i cant post in 90% of the time.

Can u check to see if someone is working on this? They are suuuuuuuuuuper slow at fixing things now so maybe a new thread might solve it for now.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
http://3dscapture.com/

Very expensive, but I could see prominent TOs/streamers like Alex Strife/Chibo/Keitaro having one of these.

For 1v1s only I'm thinking(with the recorder spectating), I imagine that 3DS would get worn down by constant use by lots of people.
Dear lord, that is expensive. Yea 90% of the public wont have that done to their 3ds. Im glad too because the 3ds version is def looking inferior to the wiiu version so that will help keep the masses on the version that will become standard (wiiu).

IT would be awesome if replays wound up being able to be shared between console and handheld.
i positive it will happen one day but probably years from now.

Xyro I have no issue at all posting in threads in other sub forums. from the sonic to link boards, ssb4 and tier list threads, this is the only one where i cant post in 90% of the time.

Can u check to see if someone is working on this? They are suuuuuuuuuuper slow at fixing things now so maybe a new thread might solve it for now.
I reposted in the forum dispute section. they should answer today.

Xyro77

wait? did i just post this without having to try again?

edit: i just posted these 2 messages my first try.

Xyro77

its been a few mintues. try again?

edit: 3rd post in a row that works the first try. tesh, sign out and delete cookies. sign back in. should fix everything.

Xyro77

Lets play some Mario Kart 7 or KI:U or RE:R.
My FC is 30 50 7598 6849
Enter the community called "HOKO": 27-8227-9838-5077

Xyro77

Is the new Killer Instinct game really going to be only for the Xbox One? If so that really sucks. If it was PS4 then I'd possibly be sold on getting a PS4.

:059:

It gets worse.

The game is FREE for the X-Bone but you only get ONE character when u DL the game. You must buy the rest of the characters. LMAO ****ing MS suck ****.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah. Basically. I believe you can buy either individual characters, or the whole squad (Cheaper than buying individual characters). They did this so you can demo the game out, test all the features before deciding if the game is a good choice for you. Saves time and hassle in buying a $60+ game and it being garbage.

I know the new TEKKEN game on PS3 has that same business model.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Microsoft going full ****** this gen.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah. Basically. I believe you can buy either individual characters, or the whole squad (Cheaper than buying individual characters). They did this so you can demo the game out, test all the features before deciding if the game is a good choice for you. Saves time and hassle in buying a $60+ game and it being garbage.

I know the new TEKKEN game on PS3 has that same business model.
Idk why people are saying this is bad, this is probably the best idea Microsoft has come up with for the XBone. Unless buying the whole cast is more than a normal game then there's a problem.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What if UMvC3 did this and the starting characters were Vergil, Spencer, and Doom?

YES.

Xyro77

Idk why people are saying this is bad, this is probably the best idea Microsoft has come up with for the XBone. Unless buying the whole cast is more than a normal game then there's a problem.

It's DLC
It's Microsoft
It's console gaming

The chances are it will cost more than a normal game.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
What if UMvC3 did this and the starting characters were Vergil, Spencer, and Doom?

YES.
The point is the game is free and you get to see if you even like it before spending $60+. Who cares who the starting characters are, you're either going to like it and buy the full game or hate it and didn't waste anything but a little time and space on your harddrive.

Oh well if you can buy the game normally then that's not bad. As long as it's not something like "You can buy the 'full' game, but you still have to purchase other DLC stuff".

That's typical with most games nowadays though, you usually want the DLC but don't have to buy it.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
It's DLC
It's Microsoft
It's console gaming

The chances are it will cost more than a normal game.
It's free. What's the issue here? You try it out, hey I like/dislike this game, thanks for letting me try it for free and not making me go to BestBuy/GameStop and buying a game I don't like that I now can't return for full price.

You don't know that the DLC is going to cost more it's just a hunch. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying Microsoft is doing starting to get stuff right, I think they're past the point of no return, they would have to reverse 95% of everything they've done so far to get my/most peoples interest.

Xyro77

It's free. What's the issue here? You try it out, hey I like/dislike this game, thanks for letting me try it for free and not making me go to BestBuy/GameStop and buying a game I don't like that I now can't return for full price.

you cannot possibly make a educated decision on whether the game is good or not based off of ONE character.

If Brawl only came with ROB you wouldn't be able to tell if the game is good or not based off of you (rob) vs a cpu (rob). lol

Player-4

See you in 25 years
you cannot possibly make a educated decision on whether the game is good or not based off of ONE character.

If Brawl only came with ROB you wouldn't be able to tell if the game is good or not based off of you (rob) vs a cpu (rob). lol
It's FREE. That's the whole point you're missing. You still get to see the stages, feel the gravity, feel the movement, feel the basic mechanics, you get a FEEL for FREE. What part of that do you not understand?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Brawl demo with only MK.

HMM, SUSPICIOUS.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I think Capcom doesn't release demo's of their fighting games of fear of dehyping the game before launch.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But MvC3 was a paid demo for UMvC3.

Also remember MML3 was going to have a paid demo?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
An official announcement is supposed to be incoming very shortly, and Microsoft is supposedly updating their Xbox One Q&A page at the moment with the following details.
• No more always online requirement
• The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
• All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
• Authentication is no longer necessary
• An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
• All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
• No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
• Region locks have been dropped

Seems Xbox is back in the game

Xyro77

It's FREE. That's the whole point you're missing. You still get to see the stages, feel the gravity, feel the movement, feel the basic mechanics, you get a FEEL for FREE. What part of that do you not understand?

The basic mechanics of ONE character.
The gravity of ONE character
Nice ALL stages (stages dont really matter in traditional fighters).
I FEEL FREE all the time when i dont wear my undies.

So again, literally a waste and the game will sell HORRIBLE.

Xyro77

An official announcement is supposed to be incoming very shortly, and Microsoft is supposedly updating their Xbox One Q&A page at the moment with the following details.

Until its confirmed, the X-Bone is literally the worst console ever to be released and i will not allow another NSA tool in my house.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Too late, they already tapped your netbook, iPhone, Wii U, 3DS, glasses, bed, windows, kitchen, bathroom, etc.

They know who you are, X-RO

Xyro77

Just saw on LueLinks that MS just released a offcial statement reversing a lot (but not all) of the things we hate. For the first time in console history, backlash made a console maker do a 180 on many of its issues. AWESOME.

And RT, i am not seen on the radar. i can get away with anything and NSA will not find me. I have too many aliases

X-ro
Xyro
Xyro77
TGM
Sigma7x
Was7x
Allan
Warren
Smis

KRDsonic

Smash Master
My mind still hasn't changed about Xbox One. The fact that they tried to pull all of that crap with their system shows to me that they really don't understand what they're doing and it's made me lose faith in them. The damage has already been done. It's good that they're reversing a lot of that, but it'll take a lot to convince me to stick with Microsoft instead of going back to Sony.

Tesh

Smash Hero
my biggest gripe with free to play is that they have inserted it was a euphemism for "demo" now.

what i used to understand "free to play" as was like those flash games where you sign up and play truly for free and could donate or something to the developers. kind of like how winzip or gimp are free. Its also often used to sell little pieces of the game for what ends up being an absurd amount of money

Xyro77

my biggest gripe with free to play is that they have inserted it was a euphemism for "demo" now.

what i used to understand "free to play" as was like those flash games where you sign up and play truly for free and could donate or something to the developers. kind of like how winzip or gimp are free. Its also often used to sell little pieces of the game for what ends up being an absurd amount of money

Free to play (f2p) games are games you can DL for free and experience a decent portion (about 40%-50%) of the game and its features without paying. Farmville is the best example.

What Microsoft (through Killer Instinct) is doing is releasing basically a FREE watered down DEMO of a game. One character being in is NOT a game. But to make it a GAME you must buy characters. This business model (f2p) appeals to the casuals/non gamers who have been raised on ipad/iphone/facebook games. For them its great because you can by 3-5 characters (which makes the game like 15-20$ probably) and be happy (remember, casuals dont need much). The core/competitive gamer is upset about this because its BEYOND dumb to have to sit there and download EVERY character/stage/mode or whatever just to experience the full game. They want the FULL game to be sold to them like NORMAL (which has been done for over 20 years now). This new business model is another money grab attempt aimed at casuals. If you ever get a chance, read articles on www.gamasutra.com They focus on the business/development side of games and they spoil a lot of the dirty secrets this industry is filled with.

edit: i remember when people said "DLC never means that they held back stuff from the main game to make money" and now look LMAO. Literally thrown in their face.

Xyro77

Pay to Play (WoW, most MMOs or XB Live are the best examples)

and

Pay to Win (buying awesome equipment with real money to win because you are too lazy to grind for it aka DIABLO 3)

These are other stupid as hell business models we often see as well. Gaming is not what it used to be back in the SNES and n64 days. The whole industry has gone to ****. Even our savior Nintendo is slowing joining in.

Tesh

Smash Hero
WoW kind of seems fair though if they do alot of work updating and fixing the game and adding content.

When I played guild wars i was somewhat amazed that it was free to play (after the initial buy) because they were always balancing, adding content and whatnot for...free.

But tbh I guess it did kind of turn into pay to win with the expansions. Each new exapansion had new classes and skills that turned out to be broken and had to be rebalanced a few months after release.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano

lolnope

http://gizmodo.com/the-xbox-one-jus..._source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Vinnie

Smash Master
Is it possible for anyone to stream my Uprise 12 event? The venue is confirmed to have internet and it's going to be a really hype event. Please let me know soon!

Rockettrainer, is it possible for you to stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom