• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
nothing wrong with brawl powershielding imo, as long as they dont make 99% of moves so unsafe on block

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
nothing wrong with brawl powershielding imo, as long as they dont make 99% of moves so unsafe on block
brawl powershielding is TERRIBLE. just hold shield at anytime and u will most likely powershield. its made many many **** players good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I genuinely hope you are not serious.

Brawl's powershielding made shieldstun and pressuring shields almost irrelevent. OH BOY, POWERSHIELD EVERYTHING ON FIRST FRAME AND THEN CANCEL INTO AN ATTACK WITH INSANE ADVANTAGE.

You're using a safe poke move? **** YOU, POWERSHIELD AND THEN COUNTER-ATTACK.

This is NOT a good design choice. Imagine if Marvel or SF had that.

Stupidly low risk, very high reward. No thanks.

Xyro77

I genuinely hope you are not serious.

Brawl's powershielding made shieldstun and pressuring shields almost irrelevent. OH BOY, POWERSHIELD EVERYTHING ON FIRST FRAME AND THEN CANCEL INTO AN ATTACK WITH INSANE ADVANTAGE.

You're using a safe poke move? **** YOU, POWERSHIELD AND THEN COUNTER-ATTACK.

This is NOT a good design choice. Imagine if Marvel or SF had that.

Stupidly low risk, very high reward. No thanks.

bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tesh

Smash Hero
I see that as a problem with the safety of moves, not with shielding. I'd rather see lots of fast or safe moves than a bunch of slow stuff that works because u are in shieldstun for 100 years.

I like Brawl's defensive options and I think the attacks just need to be stepped up. Balance by making everything good, not making everything bad.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I see that as a problem with the safety of moves, not with shielding. I'd rather see lots of fast or safe moves than a bunch of slow stuff that works because u are in shieldstun for 100 years.

I like Brawl's defensive options and I think the attacks just need to be stepped up. Balance by making everything good, not making everything bad.

#dies. Brawl does not reward high offensive styles like Melee did. The defensive style of Brawl made the game less appealing.

Also here's what they have at Best Buy to play:

Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

The casual gamer at its finest.

You've only played Brawl I assume? Not an actual fighter like SF or Marvel? Then you wouldn't understand.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The driving upside down parts will make me sick...

What games were confirmed for BB?

I'm curious about the Luigi Loot...

Tesh

Smash Hero
i dont see why you think a game cant be offensive with brawl's defensive options, plenty of hacks have done it

it doesnt look like smash 4 is doing that, but it wouldnt be hard to create attacks that still pressure a brawl shield, brawl itself has a handful of attacks that do this very well

the important thing to change would be the leniency of powershielding and the power of regular shielding

imo the problem with brawl's shielding is that reg shields are just too good of a reward for sitting there holding a button, but why shouldnt i be able to counterattack when my timing was perfect or near perfect

and i dont like other fighters, mostly because of the inescapable combos, very limited movement and being killed by jabs/projectiles

i think at its core, smash is a far superior fighting game, its just not designed to be competitive

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
The driving upside down parts will make me sick...

What games were confirmed for BB?

I'm curious about the Luigi Loot...
• Super Mario 3D World
• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
• Mario Kart 8
• Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I hope the new smash will be good. I was actually disappointed graphic-wise, especially with Bowser and Link. I feel like they look better in Brawl than this new one. Don't care too much for Megaman but it was a good choice since tons of people wanted him in. I'm hoping Mario and Link are actually good for a change. Especially Link. I feel bad for Zelda fans.

And I want D3's infinite to return.

Edit: Wait wtf fairy type? What is this? And they're changing GARDEVOIR to fairy type? I don't even... what is this.

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
pretty sure link is still bad

only question is if everyone else is bad enough for him to be viable

Xyro77

Under the assumption this smash is brawl 2.0 or better, ive already begun planning out the future of the Houston scene. It will be like nothing any of you new gens/old gens/ancient gens have ever experienced. Im really excited. Ill drop hints as the months go on too.

Hint 1: Brawl/Melee/64 will not be apart of the next Houston series.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
The new smash looks SICK! Time to start finding a new venue for the new houston series. Still gonna use Texadelphia but I want to have a variety of venues to choose from so nobody gets burned out on 1 venue. I created a nintendo doc in my houston video game network facebook group so everyone thats on smashboards can add there gamertag to the doc so when these new games come out like smash 4 and mario kart we all can play. To join the network visit http://www.facebook.com/groups/HoustonVGN and click join and ill approve your request!

Xyro77

I will say nothing else until i feel like it. if you wanna think that kart or WiiPartyU is gonna be apart of my new series, then yes please think that. think whatever you like. get happy, get mad get whatever you want.

Gea

Smash Master
The delusion, it hurts.

Allan, what are you even going to do about the whole wireless only gamepad required obstacles for running anything on the WiiU?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Here's what I'm hoping:

A) Pace of game is faster
B) Pace of game is faster
C) SETS DON'T TAKE 20+ MINUTES TO COMPLETE

Allan, I can try to assist you in the future if you want?

Xyro77

I know because a pink ball of hot air seems more like a normal type than a fairy type, wtf were they thinking?
Pokemon has gotten sooo stupid in pkmn blk/wht that NOTHING they do makes sense any more. X and Y seem to be taking it to the next level of poo poo (im not talking about competitive stuff either). Literally doing something DRASTIC like telling the world that jiggs is actually a ****ing fairy is beyond dumb. I bet they will change that Ice Cream Pokemon to water type next because when i use ember on it, the damn thing melts.

The delusion, it hurts.

Allan, what are you even going to do about the whole wireless only gamepad required obstacles for running anything on the WiiU?
If the delusion hurts, maybe you should wake up.

As for the tablet issue, its super dumb but simple. people will have to get used to bringing their wiiu AND tablet every time they go to a tournament. i am banning the tablet from competitive play though.

Xyro77

I really wont need help running events other than the usual "take over while i go get food" thingy and RT does a perfect job at that. Hes even gotten a little bit more mean over the years and thats GOOD.

Assuming this new smash is BETTER or the same as Brawl in regards to speed, things will be fine. Im actually looking forward to a lot of this stuff. no more CRT TVs, new system, new game and obviously new smash player. lots of die hard brawl nerds wont be able to hand the new smash and will be forced to stay with the dead/trashy brawl scene and it will have nothing to do with what i am planning. i cant wait!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You will have to make sure no one steals the tablets as well. You will need an area set up just for charging, so expect at least 2 power strips used up.

$130 to replace? Make sure no break them as well...

And of course I've become more cynical. You crushed my delicate nature with your constant racism and cyberbullying.

You monster.

Xyro77

You will have to make sure no one steals the tablets as well. You will need an area set up just for charging, so expect at least 2 power strips used up.

$130 to replace? Make sure no break them as well...
It sucks yea but it is the only way.

And of course I've become more cynical. You crushed my delicate nature with your constant racism and cyberbullying.

You monster.
you should be thanking me for making you more stone cold. JUST LIKE ME

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Pokemon has gotten sooo stupid in pkmn blk/wht that NOTHING they do makes sense any more. X and Y seem to be taking it to the next level of poo poo (im not talking about competitive stuff either). Literally doing something DRASTIC like telling the world that jiggs is actually a ****ing fairy is beyond dumb. I bet they will change that Ice Cream Pokemon to water type next because when i use ember on it, the damn thing melts.
>.>

Weren't you the one that said Pokemon X&Y looks really good? Trust me, this will be a good installment of Pokemon. I agree BW sucked wang and BW2 was just a terrible game to rake in more money. But this game is a reboot and a new chapter in Pokermon, it should be good. But honestly, are you seriously mad about the new typing? It really doesn't change much, Jiggs isn't redesigned or anything, she just gets a new category to be placed under, I really don't mind it all that much I just think they could have come out with a better typing is all. Your reasoning why Pokes will not be good is doesn't hold much weight.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Also, are we going to make a standard for monitor setups? Throughout Smash's life we had the luxury of bringing any CRT TV because they didn't create any input lag. We all know LCD/LED monitors have different amounts of input delay. Are you going to adopt a standard for monitors like the ASUS EVO Monitor?

Also.. here's the video of the Wii Fit Girl..
https://vines.s3.amazonaws.com/v/vi...p4?versionId=O9Ld4ul13RTo7.rnSxByeh_8X09YHLAE

Xyro77

Weren't you the one that said Pokemon X&Y looks really good?

absolutely. so was everybody on the planet.

Trust me, this will be a good installment of Pokemon. I agree BW sucked wang and BW2 was just a terrible game to rake in more money.
I agree.

But this game is a reboot and a new chapter in Pokermon, it should be good. But honestly, are you seriously mad about the new typing? It really doesn't change much, Jiggs isn't redesigned or anything, she just gets a new category to be placed under, I really don't mind it all that much I just think they could have come out with a better typing is all.
Making a NON fairy pokemon a FAIRY is ******** as hell. Celebi needs to be a fairy (just look at it), not jiggs. See my point?

Your reasoning why Pokes will not be good is doesn't hold much weight.

According to who, you? I DONT GIVE AN F. I just hate seeing a game series i love go to ****. After silver it started to rot and by the time it got to blk/wht it was total ****. X/Y re-typing pokes who literally have been normal types for over 15 years is STUPID. And i am 100% positive the retardism doesn't stop there.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, time to abandon all hope.

All this Brawl hacking gave Sakurai the idea to hack in Wii Fit Girl as a NEW AND EXCITING character.

Congratulations you dumb ****s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom