• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gea

Smash Master
If the delusion hurts, maybe you should wake up.

As for the tablet issue, its super dumb but simple. people will have to get used to bringing their wiiu AND tablet every time they go to a tournament. i am banning the tablet from competitive play though.
Enjoy your sync issues, increased issues of theft and setup, and Wii Fit Girl on Brawl's engine. Flip also raises a good point, you should probably listen to him.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Also, are we going to make a standard for monitor setups? Throughout Smash's life we had the luxury of bringing any CRT TV because they didn't create any input lag. We all know LCD/LED monitors have different amounts of input delay. Are you going to adopt a standard for monitors like the ASUS EVO Monitor?

Also.. here's the video of the Wii Fit Girl..
https://vines.s3.amazonaws.com/v/vi...p4?versionId=O9Ld4ul13RTo7.rnSxByeh_8X09YHLAE
De Angelo talked about that too me as well. I recommend you bring Asus (i think they are 100$) but i cant force it and i wont turn you down if u dont have one. unless the lag is legit noticeable, i wont allow you to play on another tv either.

Is lag on LCDs like comparing lag to CRT to a LCD?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wii Fit Girl was included to represent the casual crowd like Tesh.

This is what happens.

Pieces of ass.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Instead of having multiple tablets, could the TO only be the one that brings it, and will sync to each WiiU start up Smash for that system. That way, the idea of losing a game pad goes down?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I believe the Wii U REQUIRES an active Gamepad for each system.

Xyro77

Instead of having multiple tablets, could the TO only be the one that brings it, and will sync to each WiiU start up Smash for that system. That way, the idea of losing a game pad goes down?

cant. each wiiu must have a tablet connected to it

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
All they need to do is confirm tripping.

If they do that, then it's truly over.

This would almost prove they didn't even try.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Jesus, I've been playing Pokemon for a while and taken it way more seriously than you have and I'm not having a melt down over a simple category change, you make it sound like the stuck a green dildo on Puffs forehead. How is retyping Celebi (a Pokemon from the 2nd gen, right after Puff) OK to do but changing Puff isn't? Jigglypuff looks like a goddamn fairy, so does Celebi, so does Jirachi, so do a lot of fluffy fat/mystical/magical looking Pokes.

The only thing that bothers me is that the Pokemon that can now be Fairy type could easily fall under the Psychic type and leave it at that. I'm just simply annoyed that they basically made a sub-type instead of a new original type like Light or something of the sort.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was always amused Fighting beats Dark types. Justice beats evil.

Fairy type is just...what?

Professor P4, you could have stopped this.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Btw, a vid has been posted that shows there is almost no histun on attacks.

Brawl 2.0 confirmed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Btw, a vid has been posted that shows there is almost no histun on attacks.

Brawl 2.0 confirmed.

Xyro77

RT where is the no hit stun vid?

Jesus, I've been playing Pokemon for a while and taken it way more seriously than you have and I'm not having a melt down over a simple category change, you make it sound like the stuck a green dildo on Puffs forehead. How is retyping Celebi (a Pokemon from the 2nd gen, right after Puff) OK to do but changing Puff isn't? Jigglypuff looks like a goddamn fairy, so does Celebi, so does Jirachi, so do a lot of fluffy fat/mystical/magical looking Pokes.

The only thing that bothers me is that the Pokemon that can now be Fairy type could easily fall under the Psychic type and leave it at that. I'm just simply annoyed that they basically made a sub-type instead of a new original type like Light or something of the sort.
Ive played it far longer than you because im like 13 years older than you. yeah i dont play it competitive and thus im not talking from a competitive standpoint. im talking about it from a "does this make sense" stand point and it DOESNT.

Celebi isnt a fairy when it literally LOOKS and MOVES like a fairy but a ****ing jiggs is? Its just dumb. Then they make an evee a fairy? again, dumb. Doesnt the description of clefable say its a fairy? But watch, it wont be a fairy cause pokemon is dumb now.

oh and why make a "fairy" type? what a about light? pokemon has reached new levels of ****.

Xyro77

You don't need a tablet to start the wiiu. You just need a wiimote or the pro controller.

we were not talking about that.

notice how when u turn on the wiiu with a wiimote the tablet turns on?

now take away that tablet. im pretty sure the wiiu doesnt work

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Ive played it far longer than you because im like 13 years older than you. yeah i dont play it competitive and thus im not talking from a competitive standpoint. im talking about it from a "does this make sense" stand point and it DOESNT.

Celebi isnt a fairy when it literally LOOKS and MOVES like a fairy but a ****ing jiggs is? Its just dumb. Then they make an evee a fairy? again, dumb. Doesnt the description of clefable say its a fairy? But watch, it wont be a fairy cause pokemon is dumb now.

oh and why make a "fairy" type? what a about light? pokemon has reached new levels of ****.
How old are you? 24? 25? Yeah, I'll be 23 in two months, shut up ass face.

Idk how Jiggs being a fairy is really that far fetched. How do they Eevee a fairy? Da **** how do they make Eevee a Psychic or Dark type? How is that any different.

And I can't tell what you're trying to say in your last question.

Suspect

Smash Hero
smash community complains about lag more than the FGC and its more important in the FGC

The Asus "Evo" monitors have 2ms and there are even ones that have 1ms. That's REALLY good but dont cost $100...they cost around $150(unless on sale). But even regular HD tvs that have 5ms wouldn't be noticeable for brawl/brawl 2.0

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Good point Suspect. Sorta seems MM is OP with his mega buster which shoots as fast fox's laser with a bit of histun per hit. I think its break able, so long active frame attacks (nairs) would break it?

Edit:
Does seem like Brawl 2.0 lol.
Mega Man did 26 to 71% with that down smash flame move. lol

Gea

Smash Master
I don't get why anyone is acting surprised about it being Brawl2.0 when it is painfully obvious it's running on the same engine. This may as well be an expansion to Brawl. I really would not be surprised if things like jab locks were still in.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Imagine Mega Buster lock with Mega Man.

**** this game.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I don't get why anyone is acting surprised about it being Brawl2.0 when it is painfully obvious it's running on the same engine. This may as well be an expansion to Brawl. I really would not be surprised if things like jab locks were still in.
Does that mean glide tossing with bananas? :)

Gea

Smash Master
If Diddy returns, I would assume glide tossing to still exist. Along with planking.

HOBO 12 will never return, though.

Xyro77

none of us are surprised.

anyways, if the lag isnt really noticeable on the LCDs then we are good to go for tvs. and if the wiiu doesnt need a tablet like kprime suggests then we are good on that as well. all we gotta do is figure out if the wiiu pro controllers will have wireless issues.

Xyro77

If Diddy returns, I would assume glide tossing to still exist. Along with planking.
Ledges or at least certain moves act different now. i saw a vid where mario capes a ledge and it doesnt auto grab like it does in brawl. he fell to his death.

Gea

Smash Master
You sure acted surprised when you saw Brawl's airdodge. Wasn't it obvious the second you saw the game it would be that way? And what are you going to do about syncing, have a desyncing station?

I'm curious about that video, if you wouldn't mind posting it.

Xyro77

from what im seeing, its a slightly faster brawl with a few changes. i can live with this.

Xyro77

You sure acted surprised when you saw Brawl's airdodge. Wasn't it obvious the second you saw the game it would be that way? And what are you going to do about syncing, have a desyncing station?
Surprise and anger are two different things. I wasn't surprised that there were brawl elements in ssb4 because i knew melee was a fluke of an awesome game so i already knew that no other smash has or will be as good as melee. Having said that, its still hard to swallow that this is closer to a brawl 2.0 than a new smash game. 5 years (well 6 by the time ssb4 is out) of brawl only to have another brawl like game is angering to me.

I'm curious about that video, if you wouldn't mind posting it.
i am like 99.99% sure it is the 8min video flip posted. mario literally capes the ledge just like u would in brawl but he still falls to his death.

Zori

Smash Champion
Not sure why everyone is ******** when 95% of you will play this game wiether it's **** or not. If you were waiting for a "real fighter" you would of left this site a long time ago

Anyways I love the even more cartoon graphics then brawl it allows more wacky chars like will fit girl to exists. I hope then roster is 50 plus really. On top of that I don't think I need to say how excited I am for megaman I wanted him for a long time.

This is just a rough draft of what the game will be like, don't over analyze because things can change. Just accept that we got a smash game on the way

Xyro77

Yea man, everybody kinda wanted MegaMan. id prefer MegaMan X but ill take what i can get.

I just want Travis TouchDown and ill never complain about anything ssb4 related again.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Not sure why everyone is *****ing when 95% of you will play this game wiether it's **** or not. If you were waiting for a "real fighter" you would of left this site a long time ago

Anyways I love the even more cartoon graphics then brawl it allows more wacky chars like will fit girl to exists. I hope then roster is 50 plus really. On top of that I don't think I need to say how excited I am for megaman I wanted him for a long time.

This is just a rough draft of what the game will be like, don't over analyze because things can change. Just accept that we got a smash game on the way
This. It's obviously still in major development. Calm your nips you rhinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom