• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trela

Smash Lord
If RT promises not to bother me about it everyday when I JUST GOT FE, then I'll get it for the 3DS too.

I mean I'll get it eventually, but please don't tease me :(

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If you have a WiiU ONLY, get that version.
If you have a WiiU AND 3ds, get WiiU version.
If you have 3ds ONLY, get that version.

The 3ds/wiiu version are the same thing so u would be being the same game two times, thats dumb. Plus, MH4 is coming out for the 3ds ONLY so that would be the only time buying it for a 3ds would make sense.

edit: i was gonna say, we should all meet up at sync's some time this week and play some MH together. those who have the 3ds version should team up with some of the wiiu version guys.

Xyro77

If RT promises not to bother me about it everyday when I JUST GOT FE, then I'll get it for the 3DS too.

I mean I'll get it eventually, but please don't tease me :(
You take for ever to beat games and you never get them when the majority of us get them. You are always late to the party. u suck. get MH3

Player-4

See you in 25 years
If you have a WiiU ONLY, get that version.
If you have a WiiU AND 3ds, get WiiU version.
If you have 3ds ONLY, get that version.

The 3ds/wiiu version are the same thing so u would be being the same game two times, thats dumb. Plus, MH4 is coming out for the 3ds ONLY so that would be the only time buying it for a 3ds would make sense.
It's not dumb in our case Allan, I can tell you why I'm getting both and I'm sure the reasons are pretty close for RT as well.

A. We have teh monies
9. The save data is transferable, meaning play on the go.
Tomato. I'm getting a 3DS copy to let Gea borrow so we can all go to his house and play while I wait and get a 3DS during the Taget sale.
Tom Brokaw. Target is having a sale going on right now (ending on the 23rd) that if you buy 2 games you get a 3rd one for free.

Xyro77

It's not dumb in our case Allan, I can tell you why I'm getting both and I'm sure the reasons are pretty close for RT as well.

A. We have teh monies
9. The save data is transferable, meaning play on the go.
Tomato. I'm getting a 3DS copy to let Gea borrow so we can all go to his house and play while I wait and get a 3DS during the Taget sale.
Tom Brokaw. Target is having a sale going on right now (ending on the 23rd) that if you buy 2 games you get a 3rd one for free.

A: Spend it on FE or Resident Evil Revelations or Kid Icarus or Mario Kart
9: But at the expensive of 40$
Tomato (taste gross): How about Gea be a REAL man and buy it himself.
Tom Brokaw (dirty lib that got fired): see "A"

Gea

Smash Master
Monster Hunter 4. No release date for here yet and usually Capcom takes at least a year to bring the games over, so expect it in 2 years.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Or, if you want to play MH3U on the go, get the 3DS one...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Buh, you do know the Wii U version is a PORT of the 3DS version right?

So graphics are bleh regardless.

Controls can be solved with th Circle Pad Pro.

Online, you are correct here. That is just Capcom being Capcom.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't think there is any evidence that digital is faster for 3DS. But who knows.

3DS is local co-op, but can cross play with Wii U version.

Edit: Apparently, there is a smal difference. Just make sure you have a big enough SD card to download it. Servers will probably get hammered when it releases at midnight.

Gea

Smash Master
The 3DS version actually has a higher framerate than the WiiU version, but damn if the WiiU version doesn't look nice with the AA and easy on the eyes font.

Xyro77

WiiU version DOES look better. its a fact.
3ds version CANNOT go online unless you buy an add on for it and even then it HAS to go through the WiiU. its a fact.
3ds controls will suck even with the CPP compared to the tablet or wiimote or wii pro controller or wiiu pro controller. its a fact.

WiiU MH>3ds MH.

Xyro77

also, a patch for the WiiU version will soon open up for USA to play with euros online.

again

wiiu>3ds

Gea

Smash Master
The 3DS controls are surprisingly good, even without the CPP. The only time it is even an issue is underwater. I agree though, the WiiU version is superior.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah I was referring to the WiiU Version. Sorry for that confusion.

But yeah, I'm going to trade my Super Mario WiiU and COD BO2 for some eShop card thingy at GameStop.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Probably just getting WiiU version for now.
I'm considering getting MH3, Fire Emblem, and Paper Mario tomorrow at Target. Is there another game out that I'm forgetting that I should get instead of Paper Mario though?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tales of the Abyss is a good RPG if you don't already have it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Might as well wait for the Wii U version.

More content, better controls and better graphics.

Wii U version > 3DS version.

Xyro77

Might as well wait for the Wii U version.

More content, better controls and better graphics.

Wii U version > 3DS version.
Already bought RER over a year ago. I wont buy the same game again. Waste of money.

heytallman

CTALL
Wow, is Paper Mario really that bad? I haven't bothered looking up anything except the stuff that was up before release.
I didn't think Paper Mario was that bad. It wasn't super good, by any means, but wasn't horrible. A couple of the fights were stupid, because unless you know what special sticker to bring in, you basically have to try it once, fail, and then try again with the right sticker. There is like zero plot, but each world kind of has its own thing going on.

If you wanted it, I'd say wait for the price to drop on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom