• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What is that supposes to...

Oh u.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Give me back Depressed Kong then.

But be warned, he will be even more depressed.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If Xyro made a 75 75 71 61 58 on his previous 5 tests and has a final exam that is worth 3 test grades, what grade would Xyro need to make on the final exam to have an final average of 70?

This is literally a question on the test on Wednesday.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Getting a 75 on the test pushes you just right over an overall 70 average, Xyro.
Unless my Math sucks. :applejack:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I got 74 as the answer.

Edit: 75 + 75 + 71 + 61 + 58 = 340
8 (number of grades that will be used) x 70 (average you need to pass) = 560
560 (amount you need with 8 tests) - 340 (amount you have with 5 so far) = 220 (the amount you need to pass)
220 / 3 = 73.33 (grade you need to get at least a 70 average)
Which ends up being rounded up to 74

:059:

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
If Xyro made a 75 75 71 61 58 on his previous 5 tests and has a final exam that is worth 3 test grades, what grade would Xyro need to make on the final exam to have an final average of 70?

This is literally a question on the test on Wednesday.

70 = 75+75+71+61+58+3x/8

560 = 340 + 3x

x = 73.3333333333

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But...that's how math works...

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Tallman I saw you in the Bauer building, but you had your headphones in as you looked down furiously to your 3DS with your long flowing hair come out from under your hat.

You got this pops. Don't get nervous and do your math!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Math multiple choice is kinda easy, you can almost always knock it down to at least a 50/50 guess shot. Which is a lot better than having to b.s. around and show the work you have no idea how to show.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I ran into a certain someone today at UH.

We talked about a certain tournament from the past...

Hey Allan, here's some math for you: HOBO 10 + HOBO 2 = ?????
Was good talking to you today. lol :reverse: j/p

Ps: I heard smashboards about to switch over to Xenforo. Sweet! Dont know if yall seen the new shoryuken.com forums but its booty butt *** cheeks! Glad I hardly use that site anymore although I do miss the afterhours story's. I got plenty of those to tell:cool:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
What Gea said, if you can make the equation, just plug and chug the answer to see if the values equal each other

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Watch out because in some multiple choice exams, the wrong answers are worked out purposely so you go for the wrong answer if you don't work it out right from the start. Just make sure your algebra basics are solid and you understand what the question is asking, Plug and chuck is gdlike, if you can use a graphic calculator, use that shi, or learn how to use it because it will literally give you answers or get you close to it by graphing/table.

Xyro77

@illmatic, THINKING positive/negative doesn't make the test easy nor does it make you pass. If you don't know the material, nothing you THINK will change that fact.

@Psycho @Gea @Flip, he wants us to show work. So if I guess the right answer to a problem but show no work, I get zero points for the correct answer. He believes that going through the steps of work (even of you get the wrong answer) is better than getting the right answer with no work. He says the concepts/formulas are more important that the answer you find.

I am literally spending from 9am to 6pm at school today. Doing/redoing homework. Finding some sort of tutoring person to help me. Tomorrow at 2 is the test.

@pwii, that's the problem. I don't know the basics. Or if I do, they are useless. I have not had to factor ONCE so far. Y=mx+b hasn't shown up ONCE. Literally nothing I learn in my remedial math *** has come back to help me. It's all new and super advanced (for me) stuff.

Xyro77

What I am most confused at is the fact that there is so many steps and so many things to remember when doing different problems.

Stupid stuff like F(x). Did you know F is actually Y (of course u did)? But if its F of G of H (3) the "F" isn't Y anymore. Lol literally this type of bull **** bothers me.

This course also focuses on fractions/decimals. Since I never had a basic understanding of those things (5th grade math, right?) I now not only have to learn that basic stuff I also have to learn remedial algebra stuff as well as college algebra stuff.

It's just so much stuff at once that I have to remember and that is my problem. Then once I learn it, they change **** or the **** doesn't apply anymore because the math is more advanced.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Don't memorize just absorb the concept until it makes sense in your head. Try to legit understand the proofs of why stuff is they way it is.

Y, f(x) or w/e g(x), they're all functions, and stuff can be the function of a function, just think about it like. When go up to a soda machine, you put in money(x) and you get your snack(y) aka f(x), that's simple enough for intermediate algebra or w/e, but g(x) is what counts the money, or grabs the snack or w/e da **** part of the machine u want it to be, now we going in deeper in the functions, so it is a system within a system, and they're mathematically connected because they are dependant on each other. This Soda example is what always does it for me lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
ACTUALLY

It's soft drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom