• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Zori...

You changed man.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Or it was so bad that it caused him to hate himself, life, and the world.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Thanos movie is going to suck

Amazing spider-man im looking forward to, "reboots" tend to be better than the "originals" i.e Dark Knight>Batman

Except the new Ninja Turtle movie will fail and ill cry on cam about it

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
If they just came out with a Marvel Super Heros movies, id be all over that.

They need a new Fantastic Four with Spiderman in it!

Captain NeckBeard

Smash Rookie
The spiderman movies were not that bad(the 3rd one was though) and I'm afraid of this reboot cause like.....THE LIZARD MAN? That's the villain u want to reboot the series with? It's risky IMO.

Fantastic 4 sucked. Both of them.

The first 2 batman movies were good. 3 and 4 sucked. 5 and 6 were good. I'm scared for TDKR though. F-ing cat woman.

:phone:

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Ive been wanting a Flash movie for the longest since he's my fave super hero. It would suck tho.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Watched the Avengers today. It was upper solid to low good. But Mr. Warren Lovely Smis....you are on every drug in the world if you say its even tied with The Dark Knight. Not even CLOSE.

Captain NeckBeard

Smash Rookie
Watched the Avengers today. It was upper solid to low good.
wtf is that a rating? 3 outta 5? 4?

But Mr. Warren Lovely Smis....you are on every drug in the world if you say its even tied with The Dark Knight. Not even CLOSE.
sorry but im over the heath hype and i can see it for what it is....a damn good movie(def my top 3) but not the be-all-end-all super hero movie. i saw a good tweet that really fits the situation.

TDK is a good MOVIE with a superhero in it. Avenger is a good SUPERHERO movie.

Avengers=action/graphics
TDK=story/emotion

oh so your point is good graphics(psp) and watered down versions of a console game(chains of olympus) dont sell systems while systems that have decent graphics(3ds) with basically a new IP(KI:U) do sell alot. nice.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
wtf is that a rating? 3 outta 5? 4?

sorry but im over the heath hype and i can see it for what it is....a damn good movie(def my top 3) but not the be-all-end-all super hero movie. i saw a good tweet that really fits the situation.

TDK is a good MOVIE with a superhero in it. Avenger is a good SUPERHERO movie.

Avengers=action/graphics
TDK=story/emotion
I say either 3.5 to 4. It is indeed a good superhero movie.
TDK is still considered a super hero movie and it's emotion/story is 1000X better than Avengers. But that's what it goes for so they both have their own domain. TDK is still overall better to me.

Captain NeckBeard

Smash Rookie
I say either 3.5 to 4. It is indeed a good superhero movie.
TDK is still considered a super hero movie and it's emotion/story is 1000X better than Avengers. But that's what it goes for so they both have their own domain. TDK is still overall better to me.
Im not saying TDK isnt a superhero movie. Its a great MOVIE with a superhero in it. what that's saying is, the super hero isn't as key to the movie as the story it tells or the emotion it brings out in the audience. This emotion/story thingy is DOUBLED when you learn that Heath rented out an entire hotel/apartment just so he could be alone to run down the halls and act out scenes from TDK and read batman comics(joker)/watch batman cartoon(joker)/bat man tv show(joker)/batman movie(joker) to better fit his new role. Its gets even BETTER when you learn that heath's family and friends said he changed once he started playing the role of joker. Then you learn he dies from a sleeping pill over dose before the movie comes out. The theory of "did he take his joker role to serious? Did that cause him to go "crazy" and over dose on meds?" makes this movie THAT MUCH MORE AMAZING. TBH, its universally understood the movie was not expected to do kick *** numbers but because of heath, things changed.

When it comes to Avengers, there really isn't any mega deep story or background for characters in that movie. Why? Its because the characters(except for black widow/hawkeye because they are getting their own movies) were already heavily introduced and the overall story was already told in 6 other movies(Hulk 1/Hulk 2/Ironman 1/Ironman 2/Cap America/Thor). Also, its unrealistic to go into avengers and want a deep emotional story in a movie that has 6-7 superheroes. That would be a 5 hour long movie. These guys were meant to break/explode stuff and fight everything in there way because Its an ACTION MOVIE that focus on ACTION. Besides all of that, the audience finally got to see some "what if" fights and that was VERY important to the movie.

Again, im not saying TDK is BAD im just saying i think Avengers brought more to the table in the action department and thats what i want from a SUPERHERO movie.

If i had to rate both, id give both a 4 outta 5(yes, ive never seen a PERFECT movie) because both were awesome, both had stupid stupid things in them but both of them did what they set out to do.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pretty much what Razer said.

TDK is telling a story since it's part of a trilogy.

The Avengers is just a superhero movie. It's good but it doesn't tell real everlasting story, it's more focused on the action.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
God, Avengers sucked. I would highly recommend NO ONE sees this movie if they have half a brain.
Every American cliche you can throw into a movie, THEY DID IT.

25,000 female *** shots
Motivational speeches that were utterly terrible
Someone dies? Super quiet music followed by TERRIBLE CLIMAX

Not worse than Thor, but pretty ****ing close.
I won't go on, because I don't want to spoil... but PLEASE don't give these people anymore money.

The Dark Knight SLAUGHTERED Avengers.
Spider Man 2 and The Dark Knight are easily the best, I won't support Marvel any longer.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say it was horrible, but cliche really is the best thing to call it imo. I guess most movies are, but The Dark Knight took something as old and well known as Batman and still managed to "wow" people and create suspense.

An hour into the Avengers I felt like it was "starting to get good", but The Dark Knight had me hooked from the first scene. It was a rare treat when most movies recently seem to have just enough "good stuff" to make a good trailer.

z00ted

The Avengers NEVER got good.
Only non-boring / solid scene was the part where they circle each of the six members in the trailer.

THE HUMOR MADE ME VOMIT ON THE PERSON IN FRONT OF ME

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
If you want horrible cliche...watch G.I. Joe the movie. I wanted to burn the theater down after I watched that movie.

Dude Avengers wasn't bad. Quit being a hipster and accept it as a superhero movie.

z00ted

Razer, I've enjoyed The Dark Knight, Spider Man One and Two, The Incredible Hulk (most recent one), and Iron Man (only the first).. I'm fine with super hero movies.. this one was just super bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom