• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Bored. Can't wait for my wifi this Tuesday, finally going be playing lol, yo illmatic wifi guru, let's team and try winning the wifi ladder dawg!

:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
You just need to have quick reaction time (hand + feet coordination) and work your way up from like standard to heavy.

When you get the hang of it, it's not really how fast the arrows are moving, it's like your stamina and how long you can keep up.
Rhythm helps a ton too.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Well like I said, I can follow the arrows with no problem (I used to play stepmania a lot, which is basically DDR except using a keyboard). I just need experience with other stuff. Like I saw Xyro using the hand rail or whatever it is behind the mat and I never thought of doing that. Stamina does seem to be the hardest part though cause I could probably do songs on heavy easily if it wasn't for that. Back when I had DDR Max 2 I used to pass the Challenge Mode songs but it's been so long.

:059:

z00ted

People in Houston that play DDR Tier List

Bio
Xyro
Illmatic
Smoom
Tree (?)

z00ted

GIMME YO LInE UP, FOOL

WE ABOUT TO STOMP DA YARD ON YO BODY

BioDG

Smash Ace
Someone teach me to be good at DDR. I can follow the arrows with no problem I just have so little experience playing actually DDR on a dance mat.

Find out what you can handle (Beginner, Light, Standard, or Heavy), and start there. Repetitive and/or basic stepcharts help you the most in getting used to the game. To find them, play through the songlists to find the songs with such charts, or just ask one of us.

When you play, focus first on your timing. When you have this down, then focus on more technical stepcharts to test your foot-eye coordination. Technique comes along at this point as well, but mostly later on, as this doesn't become a major requirement for stepcharts you would be playing until you get to higher difficulty levels.

If you simply can't follow the logic of the stepcharts, it means your rhythm sense is lacking (timing and technique is pointless if you cannot grasp the patterns). Just play the same stuff over and over, and it will develop intuitively.

Finally, don't kill yourself by playing fast songs most of the time just because they are fun. Your learning process will take longer this way and stamina is the last thing to worry about (90% of DDR players do this for some reason).

That's about it.

Well like I said, I can follow the arrows with no problem (I used to play stepmania a lot, which is basically DDR except using a keyboard). I just need experience with other stuff. Like I saw Xyro using the hand rail or whatever it is behind the mat and I never thought of doing that. Stamina does seem to be the hardest part though cause I could probably do songs on heavy easily if it wasn't for that. Back when I had DDR Max 2 I used to pass the Challenge Mode songs but it's been so long.

Yeah, the bar does help. Use it if you're so tired that your feet can't keep up with the arrows. Or if the song is more challenging than what you are used to. Otherwise, stay upright.

DDR is mainly about accuracy, though, so while stamina is usually the slowest part to improve, I would argue that it's not the most important part of the game.

BioDG

Smash Ace
My all-time favorite is Healing Vision ~Angelic Mix~ (which even tells a story).

Then comes...well, way too many good tracks for me to categorize. Some of them are Seduction, Happy Angel, all of the Trip Machines, the Legend of MAX, a song by Techno Masters, Uranus, Leading Cyber, and more.

EDIT:

Aw dude I just realized you also picked HVAM. Niiiiice. :]

Rhythm & Police is a good one, too. Most people like that one.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm fine with rhythm and hand-eye coordination so I guess just building up on stamina is mainly what I need then. Though I'm not perfect at it but eh. I used to play Stepmania a lot, which is basically DDR except you use a computer keyboard instead so that takes out a lot of the technical work. Though it's still fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSLU3Ju2eY

I just think it'd be a lot more fun to play songs on a dance pad. By the way does DDR also have options to customize stuff like arrows?

Favorite DDR songs (only one I've ever had was Max 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs7kfC3N3II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VmqiuW1_hw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TasiHF0ZSSc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xin9wO6Ig08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom