• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
its a sharp LCD tv
In general, samsung and sony are the best(LG is pretty good too) but a recent study has shown nearly every part in ALL LCD tvs come from mexico/china so u get **** quality either way. Also, DO NOT buy the warranty. If the repairs of the LCD are 50% or more of the value(aka original price paid) of the LCD tv, they will NOT fix it(yea that sounds weird but its happened to me and my dad 2 times) they will instead give you your warranty money back. If its less than 50% they will fix it.

also know that unless your tv is an LED tv, its out dated already.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Yes, that should be a good deal. Back when I was at Best Buy, 40-inch LCD TVs were typically around $300-350 before the summer.

EDIT: I'll take back my last statement. Xyro seems to know more about this than I do.

Tesh

Smash Hero
http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-AQUOS-LC40D68UT-40-Inch-1080p/dp/B003E1UCY6

its that tv, so I guess 250 is a solid deal.

also i never buy warranties on electronics. never had one break for no reason.

my only worry is how my computer display will look on it. I'm on a 22 inch dynex now (my favorite TV i've ever owned so far) and every time i tried to switch to a newer tv or better brand, the PC display came out looking HORRIBLE. And thats most of what I use my TV for anyway.

Xyro77

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-AQUOS-LC40D68UT-40-Inch-1080p/dp/B003E1UCY6

its that tv, so I guess 250 is a solid deal.

also i never buy warranties on electronics. never had one break for no reason.

my only worry is how my computer display will look on it. I'm on a 22 inch dynex now (my favorite TV i've ever owned so far) and every time i tried to switch to a newer tv or better brand, the PC display came out looking HORRIBLE. And thats most of what I use my TV for anyway.
I dont know exactly how to get better quality when having to do with tv screen+computer but i THINK it has to to what what cord you use to connect the 2 AND what does it have 60Hz or 120Hz refresh rates.

Tesh

Smash Hero
is 120 better?

maybe i need to figure out the specs of my current TV and compare....but how

Xyro77

is 120 better?

maybe i need to figure out the specs of my current TV and compare....but how
if u have any of the original papers for the tv or maybe the box it will tell u all the specs. also, in general, a tv that has a 120 refresh rate looks better than one thats 60 so thats why i said it may help u get better picture quality when your comp screen is on the tv

BioDG

Smash Ace
Tesh, you can also look on the back of the TV for the model number if you're missing the box/papers. Then put it into google and the hits can give you specs.

Since your TV was a Dynex, it should start with DX-22LN or something similar.

Xyro77

TAS
Tool Assisted Speedrun

Its when the speedrun isn't done in real-time. It's played with savestates and slowdown, and your exact controller input is saved. The emulator then plays back the input to run through the game itself. It requires less "skill" than a real speedrun, but performing certain feats is still a challenge, and optimizing everything is also difficult.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
allan. wanna hang out tomorrow? i need to play you so i can destroy noid in a MM the very next time i see him. teach me the way of waaaareeen alllllllaaaaaaaan siiiiiiiimmmmmmmmssssssss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom