• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Illmatic, please never work at a job that requires you to use your imagination. You would drag the company down.

BioDG

Smash Ace
lolololol RT

Dangit, I wish I wasn't working right now.

Wii U? 2011 is the year of terrible video game system names.

Suspect

Smash Hero
They always have cool names then change it to something stupid

Revolution>wii

Project Cafe> wii u

NGP> PS Vita

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
ill you buy 3ds and wiiu then obviously you combine them via usb cord and there ya go.
and zori im down
Or via wireless. Remember when one of the people working on Street Fighter 3D said the game was compatible with another system that wasn't the original Wii? Well, derp.

since

Smash Journeyman
smash for 3ds and the wii u wonder how thats gona work an if its gona be back compatible with older controllers if you perfer that instead hope so

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I really doubt it will support cube controllers. It will probably support only Wiimotes and the new WiiU controller or, god forbid, 3DS as a controller.

But who knows, until full specs on the WiiU are released, anything could happen.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Looks like an Xbox 360 prototype. Yeah, I'm betting they won't support the cube controllers to encourage players to use the Wii U controller pad.

Speaking of bad names, does Smash 4 have a name yet?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It actually looks more like a primitive DVD player.

Also, no name for Smash 4. They said they were only in the concept stage of development. Ideally, it would by a synonym of Brawl or Melee. Strife, wrangle, rumble, fray, squabble are just some of the words dictionaries pull up.

SUPER SMASH BROS SQUABBLE.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
We already knew a new smash was coming. this e3 showed no name/characters/pics...nothing so its hardly surprising imo. i AM surprised it will be on the 3ds AND connect to the WiiU though.

i dont know what to think about the WiiU though. Im amazed and confused at the same time. I see HUGE potential in it but im not sure if it would work well. i dont know what to grade nintendo's event.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smash Smash Bros U.

*sets self on fire while jumping out of window*

since

Smash Journeyman
idk if they dont have it back compaitble with cube controllers its gona feel weird for the new smash game

Suspect

Smash Hero
Something about every smash game has had its name on the previous games case/inside booklet.

I dont have brawl so if someone can check their case/booklet for a word similiar to brawl/melee then...yea

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Collide would be the only possibility that works.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros. Collision. I'm guessing that. Gamefaqs Day 1 that was what people were guessing.

I'm actually getting a really bad feeling about the next smash game for some reason. I'll probably end up sticking with Brawl unless the new game has something to amaze me or surprises me with a character that I really want to play as.

:059:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
http://press.nintendo.com/E32011/

Username: E32011
Password: nintendo

All case-sensitive. Site is slow, be patient.

Launches: 2012
Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button
controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional
barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the
video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home
button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a
built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo
speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once.
The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the
Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ and Wii Balance
Board™.

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density
optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI,
component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its
memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.

Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible
with Wii games and Wii accessories.

Note: Details are subject to change
Reggie is on gametrailers stream btw.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The site also has info on games and pictures.

No cube controller support. :(

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
(12:28:19) DullRazor_[Away]: There is only one texture hack for falcon
(12:28:25) DullRazor_[Away]: its called "The REAL Falcon"
(12:28:31) DullRazor_[Away]: and, its just a blob of brown
(12:28:32) Acedude55: really?
(12:28:33) DullRazor_[Away]: aka
(12:28:35) DullRazor_[Away]: pile of ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom