• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I think Nintendo is expecting the Wii to last for at least two-three more years. There's still a couple of frachises that they haven't done yet that should be obvious choices for the Wii(F-Zero, Star Fox, etc). Also, there's still the new Zelda and Kirby games which Nintendo will want to milk money as much as they can. I honestly don't expect a new console to be announced until at least next year. It's not to say they aren't planning something, but I doubt anything new will be given out.

As far as E3, I believe Nintendo will focus on 3DS, Sony will focus on NGP, and Xbox will still try to support Kinect. I think this will be the year of the handhelds, but I wouldn't mind being surprised with a new console announcement. :)
Yea the wii still has 2 heavy hitters left to drop(zelda/kirby) and maybe others like pikmin 3/star fox wii(?)/F-zero wii(?). That may take care of it for 2011 but what about 2012? I can agree that 2011 will be the focus on 3ds and psp2(lol watch MS announce a handheld) but i have a feeling they could talk about wii2 this summer at e3.

As for kinect im stunned its sold so much. Its a great tech but it makes games far easier than that of WII games.....now thats freakin easy but i guess the casual crowd enjoys that. Move has good tech too but its a freakin copy of wiimote+

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's almost certain Nintendo will announce some good games for 2012 at E3. I don't think Wii2 will be announced, but I think that details of the next gen might "leak" from inside sources.

Microsoft doesn't have to release handheld...it's called a laptop, lol. Besides, Nintendo and Sony are really trying to outdo each other right now.

Kinect was going to sale only because of how much marketing it got from the media. Average consumers are like, "WOW, motion control with your body!" so they buy it.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I highly doubt legend of Zelda skyward sword is coming out this year. We gonna get a solid trailer at e3, and a release date that will be postponed. Same thing has happened with all the previous console zelda games since OoT.

Xyro77

Microsoft doesn't have to release handheld...it's called a laptop, lol. Besides, Nintendo and Sony are really trying to outdo each other right now.

Kinect was going to sale only because of how much marketing it got from the media. Average consumers are like, "WOW, motion control with your body!" so they buy it.
Nintendo stopped competing with every body with the wii. The didn't focus on graphics and online. Nintendo aims for new ways to play and aims for new players which is not even near what Sony and msoft goes for(PRE kinect and PRE move).And Nintendo has always won the handheld race so in reality it's Sony trying to compete, not Nintendo. I only wondered why msoft hasn't made a handheld cause the laptop is NOT even colse to the level of portable that the 3ds or psp2 are. Plus, laptops are thrown in with pc gaming.

And Jerm, Nintendo promised the Zelda game would be out in 2010 but it didn't happen. Now they say 2011. Do u really think it will be a 2012 game? I thought most of it was done already? Right?

Suspect, I read up on both the 3ds and psp2........ What's so special about it for you. Other than copying lots of Nintendo/apple stuff it's just a mini ps3.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I thought the trackpad on the back was a slick idea. I wouldn't necessarily say that was a ripoff of something else, unless there's some other popular mainstream product that incorporates that behind the screen.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
It wont be this year.. I'd actually put money it. Even though I could easily be wrong, it would be a huge change if nintendo did release it.

When they showed it at e3, it was only a little over halfway complete. So they all knew it wasnt coming 2010.. Miyamoto is a troll

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Im down for a late 2012 release.. before the world ends of course

And we can satisfy our urge with ocarina 3D

Xyro77

Im down for a late 2012 release.. before the world ends of course

And we can satisfy our urge with ocarina 3D
Dear lord how many times must they remake that game before people get sick of it.

it came out on the 64 then a harder version on gcn and now the 3ds......ugh

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dear lord how many times must they remake that game before people get sick of it.

it came out on the 64 then a harder version on gcn and now the 3ds......ugh
Let's see...they had Super Mario Bros on the NES, Famicom Disk System, SNES, GBC, GBA, Wii (both Virtual Console and as a part of a anniversary collection, so it's two different things)...

Conclusion: MOAR OCARINA. At least 3 more versions.

And just for fun, fan-made concept of a 3DS Ocarina bundle.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
omg omg omg omg omg omg omgo mg

i convinced my parents to let me go to phase!

Xyro77

Let's see...they had Super Mario Bros on the NES, Famicom Disk System, SNES, GBC, GBA, Wii (both Virtual Console and as a part of a anniversary collection, so it's two different things)...

Conclusion: MOAR OCARINA. At least 3 more versions.

And just for fun, fan-made concept of a 3DS Ocarina bundle.
hundreds of mario 1 games has nothing to do with hundreds of oot.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're complaining about Ocarina despite Mario having far more. :p

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Well, the harder version wasn't really a remake.. Master quest is just the Japanese version imported to America. They made the u.s game easier because they believed we were too dumb.. But fans convinced them otherwise.

And it was free.

Suspect

Smash Hero
its cause it was att only. now that its verison it will reach number 1.
Verizon has androids also and smaller companies like cricket also do. Android=mk accept it

and blackberries are over rated, idk why they are number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom