• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If people dont wanna Come to my house Saturday then let's fest somewhere(without drugs pls). I think I've found my new character and I really wanna try and get it ready for whobo. It's high tier and has boobs.
G&W :awesome:

inb4ZSS

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
xyro, those results are old. And also, lmao, domination comes from winning.
Wrong. If a character fills 4 of the top 5 spots it's called dominating. Winning is just a bonus. Anti bans never understand this.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Falco.
That's really about it. I mean, there are other match ups that are kinda "eh", but yeah.

Gnes

Smash Master
Wrong. If a character fills 4 of the top 5 spots it's called dominating. Winning is just a bonus. Anti bans never understand this.
U know what's funny, at the end of the debate i wasn't anti-ban, especially considering what happened at winterfest/nikefest2. I just have knowledge of competitive sports in general, and realize that winning is seen as the most important thing by the majority. And nothing u say, think, or do can change that.

P4, your house is very far to anyone not living in South houston.

BioDG

Smash Ace
What are zs worst MUs?? Falco and mk have got to be some.
Falco is the absolute worst. DDD, diddy, and MK are probably next in line, but they are just about as manageable as any of her even matchups.

Xyro77

U know what's funny, at the end of the debate i wasn't anti-ban, especially considering what happened at winterfest/nikefest2. I just have knowledge of competitive sports in general, and realize that winning is seen as the most important thing by the majority. And nothing u say, think, or do can change that.

general competitive sports having nothing to do with mk, smash, overly dominating characters. So yea.....

Overly dominating characters are those you see the most placing super high. mk is more than any other char. Since mid 08. Nothing has changed.

Xyro77

Pj, I don't think lucario beats zs badly. Fk and other zs have beat Trela before and they each have the same lack of exp vs each other so yea. I could be wrong but I'm going with what I saw with me own eye.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Traditionally spoken by the people that lose unfortunately :(
“Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything.” - Vince Lombardi.

Pretty sure Mr. Lombardi won a great deal of things, Gnes.

Gnes

Smash Master
Competitive gaming is a "sport" xyro, unless your trying to saying that our community is not geared toward playing smash COMPETITIVELY, which can't possibly be right. What your trying to say is because smash is different it shouldn't be treated the same, but the goal of competitive gaming as a whole is to be treated on the same level as associations such as NBA/NFL, etc.

That may be long ways off, but who knows what could happen.
Pj, its friendly arguing. I'm just bored and Allan's easy to argue with.

@espy-obviously i recognized that quote when you first posted it, and hence if you read the post before that you would notice that I said the MAJORITY of people believe winning is everything. Which is true. I don't how that quote fits into the argument me and xyro are having but whatevs. Will isn't something that can be measured. Winning can be.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Which is why I never have people over anymore and always go to Sync's

***got

Traditionally spoken by the people that lose unfortunately :(
So true

Falco is the absolute worst. DDD, diddy, and MK are probably next in line, but they are just about as manageable as any of her even matchups.
Wait wut? ZSS slightly beats D3 or it's even lol

I didnt mean to start an argument......gnes and xyro stop =/
Then why did you bring up those results, you knew it was just gonna give Allan something to talk about and 99.5% of what he says starts an argument

Allan tried using ZSS before. He lasted about two games and then was like "ZSS SUCKS! NYAH!"
Lol this^

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll probably go to P4's.

You know, unless something happens at Sync's, lol...

BioDG

Smash Ace
The Lucario MU isn't terrible. It's just really, really annoying since she can't kill him all that well until higher percents...when he all crazy and stuff with that aura.

Whups, yeah, that's right. For whatever reason I find him tough to fight, though.

Xyro77

Gnes, I don't disagree with any of that so what are we arguing for?

Tallman, .5% of my posts make up for the rest.

I tried zs 2 matches way back at geasis. Like the next day I settled on rob only to find he's $h!t. Zs has got to be a boat load better than rob and since I don't care about singles as much as I do low tier i think I won't get as frustrated as I usually do.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Which is why I never have people over anymore and always go to Sync's

***got

So true

Then why did you bring up those results, you knew it was just gonna give Allan something to talk about and 99.5% of what he says starts an argument

Lol this^
i bring up results y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom