• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You used Hobo...as an example?

I...don't know what can be said. For doubles, yeah, but if you want to use him as a singles example, please reconsider. :ohwell:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
gnes used mk to climb to first. i also gave 4-5 other examples. please dont be a moron and focus on one result to discredit the other 4-5.

heytallman

CTALL
gnes used mk to climb to first. i also gave 4-5 other examples. please dont be a moron and focus on one result to discredit the other 4-5.
He could have just as easily ***** with Diddy, or probably many other characters. It's not like he had to use MK to win.

I got MK in a random character MM and won. Does that mean I use MK?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I...wasn't trying to discredit the other results...you assume too much. <_<

But if you want to use Gnes' performance with MK as proof when he didn't go MK AT ALL against Razer or other top players or finals matches, you'll look desperate. And you'll make it seem like he needed MK to get that far. :ohwell:

But that's just my opinion. Don't include Hobo...the others are fine.

Xyro77

He could have just as easily ***** with Diddy, or probably many other characters. It's not like he had to use MK to win.

I got MK in a random character MM and won. Does that mean I use MK?
I...wasn't trying to discredit the other results...you assume too much. <_<

But if you want to use Gnes' performance with MK as proof when he didn't go MK AT ALL against Razer or other top players or finals matches, you'll look desperate. And you'll make it seem like he needed MK to get that far. :ohwell:

But that's just my opinion. Don't include Hobo...the others are fine.
Wrong. Gnes went falco at one point and lost to kprime and royr when he normally wouldnt have. so it DOES matter what character he uses cause it DOES affect results.

heytallman

CTALL
Wrong. Gnes went falco at one point and lost to kprime and royr when he normally wouldnt have. so it DOES matter what character he uses cause it DOES affect results.
That's just one example. And it's called "bad matchups." You should know all about bad matchups, especially after Saturday.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So you're saying the people he beat with MK at this tournament...he would have lost with Diddy?

...seriously?

I want you to say this and mean it.

Please.

PLEASE.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Why do my questions get avoided...?

Oh well.

Dangit Ketih, you're banned from using MK forever. Not even in friendlies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wow...

I asked whether you thought Gnes really needed MK to win all those matches...because you have ALWAYS complained that people NEED MK to win matches because they have no skill.

So come on, answer me. Did he really need MK to win those matches? Refusing to answer the question only proves my point.

heytallman

CTALL
Remember one of the reasons why you stopped running MK banned tournaments? Dojo was still placing really really high with Diddy/Kirby, and you saw that it was, at least partially, the player, and not the character.

Would Gnes still have placed the same with Diddy? Hell yeah. Does he deserve MK next to his name for this tournament? Hell yeah. Should you be able to use him as a scapegoat for MK still being broken and winning everything? Hell no.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
yes. he HAD to use mk on HoustonBoi because his diddy would have been 2-3 stocked.
*Riot voice*

WELL ACTUALLY, I HAVE VIDEO PROOF THAT HE USED DIDDY ON HIM, SO YOUR POINT IS COMPLETELY INVALID AS ARE THE REST OF YOUR OPINIONS. YOU ARE A DIRTY LIAR AND YOUR PANTS ARE ON FIRE BECAUSE YOU TRAVELED TO BRINSTAR.

Gnes

Smash Master
His question has everything to do with the fact that mk still wins considering EVERYONE i beat with mk i could have beaten with diddy. Mk in no form or fashion caused me to win hobo and IF i went mk against Razer I would have lost because he beats my mk majority of the time.

Your other examples were good for the most part(except superboom), and I agree that mk did win a good majority this weekend/recently. But in terms of Hobo, ur reaching way too hard. Don't use my boredom to try and further your own arguments.

On a lighter note, my mk is better than dphats :)

Xyro77

Remember one of the reasons why you stopped running MK banned tournaments? Dojo was still placing really really high with Diddy/Kirby, and you saw that it was, at least partially, the player, and not the character.
acually, i stopped doing mk banned events cause i found better ways to limit him while still keeping those mks attending.

Xyro77

*Riot voice*

WELL ACTUALLY, I HAVE VIDEO PROOF THAT HE USED DIDDY ON HIM, SO YOUR POINT IS COMPLETELY INVALID AS ARE THE REST OF YOUR OPINIONS. YOU ARE A DIRTY LIAR AND YOUR PANTS ARE ON FIRE BECAUSE YOU TRAVELED TO BRINSTAR.
that video is not gnes. its royr's diddy

His question has everything to do with the fact that mk still wins considering EVERYONE i beat with mk i could have beaten with diddy. Mk in no form or fashion caused me to win hobo and IF i went mk against Razer I would have lost because he beats my mk majority of the time.

Your other examples were good for the most part(except superboom), and I agree that mk did win a good majority of the time. But in terms of Hobo, ur reaching way too hard. Don't use my boredom to try and further your own arguments.
i think you are lying you know deep down inside houstonboi is near unbeatable and you NEEDED mk to barely get by him.

Xyro77

I just saw Toy Story 3. Other than the small parts where that catered to illegals, this movie is the best movie of 2010 and in my top 3 of all time. The creators of of this movie are SO FREAKIN smart. They tied in all 3 movies and gave it a sense of closure. I got super sad at the end and a little bit of water came from my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom