• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yay Xyro cares about this game again!

Just like at Dallas when you were going to face TearBear.

Doesn't mean you will beat me though.
???????

My "care cup" is still half empty. Beating you people requires nothing extra. As for the tearbear comment i dont know what you are getting at. I admitted that whole weekend i wasnt gonna beat him. hes mk.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
you at least acted like you were interested in the game that weekend.

and you will never beat me again.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Nah man im just sick of these new brawl kids getting one or 2 wins off of me and immediately think they are better or equal to me. You guys be getting too big for yo belt and papa fukcing lesbian is gonna lay down some butt-whoop on you azzhatz. The gloves are off, *****es.
You wouldn't have that problem if you didn't drop games to people like me, fluke or not.

Xyro77

you at least acted like you were interested in the game that weekend.

and you will never beat me again.
I was interested that weekend and i still am interested in smash. Just not as much as i was in the melee days.

Interest or not. i will beat you. no car cup required

You wouldn't have that problem if you didn't drop games to people like me, fluke or not.
no one is perfect. flukes happen.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
This is stupid. After analyzing the vote cause I havn't been keeping up today, it is so dumb. PJ as honorable mention. Why? Pj voted himself as 8th. No one else voted. I think it was a bad idea to let everyone vote like this. I say do it the original way. Get the originals voters and have them post it public right now. I'll even vote. PR's EVERYWHERE isn't voted by everyone in that region. A group of skilled and knowledgeable players are selected to vote. Allan's way was correct as to choosing who votes. He also just didn't choose the top players remember? He chose lower ones and said he cycled through them with every PR voting so don't get salty if you were not chosen to vote. We should of just let everyone who was originally selected to re-vote and post it publically. I'm not talking about the royr controversy. I'm talking the voting tallies since there were suspicions. PLEASE let the original voters vote only this time and post it public. It can be top 10 or top 5. I don't care, but cmon.

Pj this isn't an attack on you, I just used you as the best example because you were the only one who voted yourself as EIGHT and you end up as honorable mention.

Xyro77

This is stupid. After analyzing the vote cause I havn't been keeping up today, it is so dumb. PJ as honorable mention. Why? Pj voted himself as 8th. No one else voted. I think it was a bad idea to let everyone vote like this. I say do it the original way. Get the originals voters and have them post it public right now. I'll even vote. PR's EVERYWHERE isn't voted by everyone in that region. A group of skilled and knowledgeable players are selected to vote. Allan's way was correct as to choosing who votes. He also just didn't choose the top players remember? He chose lower ones and said he cycled through them with every PR voting so don't get salty if you were not chosen to vote. We should of just let everyone who was originally selected to re-vote and post it publically. I'm not talking about the royr controversy. I'm talking the voting tallies since there were suspicions. PLEASE let the original voters vote only this time and post it public. It can be top 10 or top 5. I don't care, but cmon.

Pj this isn't an attack on you, I just used you as the best example because you were the only one who voted yourself as EIGHT and you end up as honorable mention.

I thought id never see the day where my original son agrees with me. Im stunned and happY!

Sync.

Smash Champion

I agree with this. It's better that way. Please make voting public though just so the public can trust the vote count. Not saying I don't, but I think it'd be better that way.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.

i voted myself 8th becuase i vote of this

1. Gnes
2. Razer
3. Trela
4. jerm
5. fliphop
6. ozz
7. ewwmatic
8. pj
9. smoom
10. xyro

i didnt put roy r because of inactivity so i just jumped up a spot from 9th. I basically just switched myself out with jon.

Xyro77

razer, pj is the classic example of ignoring the long time standard of "active-inactive" so of course he gonna screw up a list and skew results.

standard set back in melee and still applies to this very day.

retired=inactive
1 tourney per year=inactive
1 tourney per half year=inactive

the rest=active

Player-4

See you in 25 years
beat xyro in a 10 dollar mm
beat smoom at hobo
bbeat sync in a 10 dollar mm
beat rt at hobo

speaking of mms please pay me
I still think they're better than you, and ALL of them were flukes.

Also, you still haven't payed me from our MM at my house so I guess we'll just call it even :)

heytallman

CTALL
Allan, why did you have people vote for top ten? After five or so, it starts to get REAL messy, and stuff like this happens. If you look, I'm sure you'll see that nobody really varied much for top five. The original PR was for 5 and an honorable mention, why make it ten and an honorable mention?

Thebest1pj

razer, pj is the classic example of ignoring the long time standard of "active-inactive" so of course he gonna screw up a list and skew results.

standard set back in melee and still applies to this very day.

retired=inactive
1 tourney per year=inactive
1 tourney per half year=inactive

the rest=active
You remind me of 08-09 inui

ignoring what? WATCH OUT FOR THAT ONE GUY THAT COULD POSSIBLY MAYBE COME? i know how good roy r is ive played him and everyone else on that list. doesnt mr 3000 still hide in the shadows going to anime/game convention tourneys? i saw him at quakecon maybe we should add him on there to right?

Xyro77

Allan, why did you have people vote for top ten? After five or so, it starts to get REAL messy, and stuff like this happens. If you look, I'm sure you'll see that nobody really varied much for top five. The original PR was for 5 and an honorable mention, why make it ten and an honorable mention?
we have more than enough for top 10 so why not give it another shot?. . plus, people like illmatic/jon/smoom should be recognized because they are good players and have shown improvement.

Xyro77

You remind me of 08-09 inui

ignoring what? WATCH OUT FOR THAT ONE GUY THAT COULD POSSIBLY MAYBE COME? i know how good roy r is ive played him and everyone else on that list. doesnt mr 3000 still hide in the shadows going to anime/game convention tourneys? i saw him at quakecon maybe we should add him on there to right?
cons dont count cause 99% of them are items or ffas or single elim. tbh i wouldnt want to count quake con cause i had to make the first 2 rounds single elim(aka not a REAL tourney). also, when was the last time mr 3k entered a houston event? im willing to bet it fits into the inactive requirements and thats why hes not on the list.

heytallman

CTALL
we have more than enough for top 10 so why not give it another shot?. . plus, people like illmatic/jon/smoom should be recognized because they are good players and have shown improvement.
Honestly, I'm pleased with that answer. I thought you were just going to tell me that I complain no matter what.

Honestly, though, I think it's rather difficult to rank things after five, and when you get many people doing it, it's a big clustercuss, like we seem to have here. I think if everyone voted for the top five only, it would have been almost the same as the original one, and everyone would have been happy.

And we wouldn't have things like PJ being HR just because he voted himself high (no offense PJ).

Though, your answer is indeed acceptable for why you changed it to top ten.

Thebest1pj

cons dont count cause 99% of them are items or ffas or single elim. tbh i wouldnt want to count quake con cause i had to make the first 2 rounds single elim(aka not a REAL tourney). also, when was the last time mr 3k entered a houston event? im willing to bet it fits into the inactive requirements and thats why hes not on the list.
he was at whobo 2, 5 months since hes been.

@i did pay you lol because dao beat you right after then gave me my money back recall that? i d3cided you and you wouldn't count it thats how you *won*.

:reverse:5 dollar mm mk ditto p4?
:)sure!
:reverse:ggs man *hold out hand for money*
:mad:: GOT****T *STORMS OFF*
:reverse:: wonder if hes ever gonna pay me?

and flukes? i guess there flukes ima go ahead and keep beating you with tl/mk with my only exp being off of wifi.

the pic is an eye sore, leave it off or resize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom