• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
since you don't want any *****ing, and you are the only one clearly *****ing why don't you just hold off the votes and tally them once they have submitted it?
Whats done is done and i accept it. I dont like it though and im completely welcome to not like the results. Im pretty sure no one is 100% happy with any list that could be made.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
also, since we all knew you were going to cry about RoyR why didn't you say something when I brought up the fact of all of us voting for him or none of us voting for him?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Honestly, what does PR mean to you guys. Just play your best every time. Having these PR ranks will make people fighting for the PR ranks be overly nervous which will mess them in the end. Yikes ._.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Honestly, what does PR mean to you guys. Just play your best every time. Having these PR ranks will make people fighting for the PR ranks be overly nervous which will mess them in the end. Yikes ._.
gotta know who to shoot for ya know? if i saw the pr i wouldnt walk into the venue saying LET ME GET AT THIS 12K DIDDY KONG gotta start at pjs tl then take baby steps up

z00ted

i agree.

but like pj stated, progress is nice to look at.

It's cool looking at the front page and seeing how far up Gnes has come, how Flip used to be the best Diddy, how Razer has always been consistent, how Trela came out of nowhere, or how two seasons ago Ozz was ranked 8th, Jerm ranked 8th too, etc etc.

if anything I appreciate you doing this Xyro, thanks.

Xyro77

+ we need rivalry to get better because i dont see any of us sitting down and telling each other exactly how to beat one another.
there comes a point where your character just cant compete with the top players in the city(top 3-4).

with the exp trela/gnes/razer have against a toonlink....pj(or any tl) you out of luck.

maining rob/samus/peach........ good luck.

If you dont use top 5-7 chars in the game....you dont got no chance

z00ted

that made no sense
what are we going to do about RoyR if certain people don't vote for him?

Should we all come to a decision together whether or not to place him?
Im just here to say that if anybody leaves out royr on their list but adds JON..............**** you guys. seriously.

This is the very reason why i do not allow the masses to vote. you guys dont know wtf you are doing.
here ya go.

not true.

with the exp trela/gnes/razer have against a toonlink....pj(or any tl) you out of luck.
also not true.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Umm...there isn't such thing as a wrong vote, a vote is an opinion.

I don't see why we don't take 10 people and put up a ****ing RR tournament to decide ****. Seriously.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
there comes a point where your character just cant compete with the top players in the city(top 3-4).

maining rob/samus/peach(ROFL) good luck.

No i can do it and i will do it. I didn't put in 3 years of work to be shut down. they may be smarter, faster and have loads more experience but there still only human and humans have flaws and if you have a flaw you can be beat.

Xyro77

I still dont get what u r trying to say illmatic. There is nothing to say cept if you dont include royr(doesnt matter where you put him) you clearly lack the basic understanding of what a PR is and you clearly do not abide by the STANDARD "active-inactive" rule. And thus, you skew results.

Players like tallman clearly ignore the fact that ive beat sync EVERY time ive ever played him and i out place him 99% of the time. So tallman puts sync ahead of me.....wtf?!?!?!

Im not *****ing about my place(my goals aint aimed at the pr) but im *****ing about and pointing out that there are uneducated people voting who do not even doing the BASICS when it comes to a PR vote.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
1st (9) Gnes -Diddy Kong - $12,500
2nd (3) TyRaNt - Meta Knight - $7,500
3rd (2) ESAM - Pikachu - $5,000
4th (1) Ally - Snake - $3,500
5th (11) Espy - Sonic - $2,500
6th (12) _X_ - Sonic - $1,750
7th (4) LeeMartin - Meta Knight/Lucario - $1,250
8th (7) Atomsk92 - King Dedede/Ice Climbers/Meta Knight$1,000
9th (14) mikeHAZE - Marth
10th (15) -Dojo- - Meta Knight
11th (13) DEHF - Falco
12th (16) Mjg7tlink - Toon Link
13th (6) RichBrown - Olimar
14th (5) NickRiddle - Zero Suit Samus
15th (8) FatalMatt - Snake
16th (10) logic- - Olimar

Gotta get over your mental blocks. You're better than you think. :ohwell:

As far as PR goes, if you want to just go by results from here on out, then please do. Just start with a clean slate for everyone, and start using the Texas PR system. There is NO bias there.

Xyro77

1st (9) Gnes -Diddy Kong - $12,500
2nd (3) TyRaNt - Meta Knight - $7,500
3rd (2) ESAM - Pikachu - $5,000
4th (1) Ally - Snake - $3,500
5th (11) Espy - Sonic - $2,500
6th (12) _X_ - Sonic - $1,750
7th (4) LeeMartin - Meta Knight/Lucario - $1,250
8th (7) Atomsk92 - King Dedede/Ice Climbers/Meta Knight$1,000
9th (14) mikeHAZE - Marth
10th (15) -Dojo- - Meta Knight
11th (13) DEHF - Falco
12th (16) Mjg7tlink - Toon Link
13th (6) RichBrown - Olimar
14th (5) NickRiddle - Zero Suit Samus
15th (8) FatalMatt - Snake
16th (10) logic- - Olimar

Gotta get over your mental blocks. You're better than you think. :ohwell:
waits for more than ONE pika/zs/tl/ic....ect to do it. Exceptions to the rules and players losing cause they have no character exp doesnt count. dont be stupid

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Xyro, last time we played, I beat you. Does that mean I'm above/on the same level as you? Because it was 2-0, and they were close games.
I'd consider myself about your level in skill, tbh. Just lacking in overall experience, which is normal considering how long you've played smash competitively compared to me.

z00ted

I still dont get what u r trying to say illmatic. There is nothing to say cept if you dont include royr(doesnt matter where you put him) you clearly lack the basic understanding of what a PR is and you clearly do not abide by the STANDARD "active-inactive" rule. And thus, you skew results.
^THIS

is exactly what I was trying to say.

Basically I knew that some people not voting for RoyR and some people voting for RoyR would totally skew votes and placement on the PR'ing and I knew some people were not going to vote for him (which happened) so I requested before everyone voted if we would all agree to vote for him or all agree to not vote for him.

waits for more than ONE pika/zs/tl/ic....ect to do it. Exceptions to the rules and players losing cause they have no character exp doesnt count. dont be stupid
seriously?

Xyro77

Xyro, last time we played, I beat you. Does that mean I'm above/on the same level as you? Because it was 2-0, and they were close games.
I'd consider myself about your level in skill, tbh. Just lacking in overall experience, which is normal considering how long you've played smash competitively compared to me.
you beat me once at a house tourney....congrats. Did you know jimbo did the same? Flukes do happen and i would be glad to **** you with marth/rob/samus any day of the week. you are not on my level. sorry.

Xyro77

^THIS

is exactly what I was trying to say.

Basically I knew that some people not voting for RoyR and some people voting for RoyR would totally skew votes and placement on the PR'ing and I knew some people were not going to vote for him (which happened) so I requested before everyone voted if we would all agree to vote for him or all agree to not vote for him.

and what would that do exactly? why would open the floor to the masses on ANOTHER issue that they dont know about?

no thanks.

z00ted

you beat me once at a house tourney....congrats. Did you know jimbo did the same? Flukes do happen and i would be glad to **** you with marth/rob/samus any day of the week. you are not on my level. sorry.
:glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare:

and what would that do exactly? why would open the floor to the masses on ANOTHER issue that they dont know about?

no thanks.
Also, you were the one that agreed to Tallman's idea about everone voting, so don't pull that card out.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It's cool looking at the front page and seeing how far up Gnes has come, how Flip used to be the best Diddy, how Razer has always been consistent, how Trela came out of nowhere, or how two seasons ago Ozz was ranked 8th, Jerm ranked 8th too, etc etc.
It's even more cool when you've lived it. Wait a couple years and you'll see what I mean.

:059:

Xyro77

i beat allan in a 10 dollar match

trade spots please
after beating jerm and hyro recently im pretty sure me losing to you was a fluke. thats why i asked for a rematch. if it wasnt a fluke, you will win again.

hell ill even do a MM where you dont gotta pay if u lose but ill pay if i lose.

z00ted

sorry but i dislike inaccurate info and if im able to prove otherwise i wil do so.
you don't have to be disrespectful. just request a money match

hell ill even do a MM where you dont gotta pay if u lose but ill pay if i lose.
LOL ...and also don't we have a $10 MM to do?

DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY GOLDENEYE 007 (Wii)!???!!?

z00ted

Xyro has a bunch of salty mms, he ditched mine for SA that one weekend.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But RT, you're always telling me how broken and weird your MK is!
But...you're always telling me how you'll **** me in our matches!

See, it goes both ways. :p

And Allan, come on...don't be like that. Don't sound all hopeless. You should never give up...ever. It's Brawl, for god sakes. We've all seen matches decided because of a stupid trip or SD.

Anyways, at this point...I say **** the Houston PR...we know who's good and who isn't, regardless of activity/inactivity....we already have a Texas PR...just do everyone a favor and DELETE the section. This has been causing far too much drama and has certainly brought out too much hate. :ohwell:

Xyro77

you don't have to be disrespectful. just request a money match
Nah man im just sick of these new brawl kids getting one or 2 wins off of me and immediately think they are better or equal to me. You guys be getting too big for yo belt and papa fukcing lesbian is gonna lay down some butt-whoop on you azzhatz. The gloves are off, *****es.

z00ted

Nah man im just sick of these new brawl kid gets getting one or 2 wins off of me and immediately think they are better or equal to me. You guys be getting too big for yo belt and papa fukcing lesbian is gonna lay down some butt-whoop on you azzhatz. The gloves are off, *****es.

yay Xyro cares about this game again!

Just like at Dallas when you were going to face TearBear.

Doesn't mean you will beat me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom