• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can you fit 7 people in your Camry? ;)

It sounds like there's going to be two groups from Houston...maybe even more!

Convoy time...

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Money Match?
DONE! How much?

Naw...MH was amazing fun, had a **** *** crew last night.

Paralysis set weapons with good teamwork + no one really dying.
David i loved when we would paralyze rathy, then I stun it, then yall break its tail after being stunned, then paralyze/hurt it.

And that time we didnt even let her leave, OMG lmao

So beautiful. We gotta play in groups more often, things go super fast and are super fun :)
LOOOOOL that was too much fun, I wanna play with those guys again. We were like setting world records.

MY FAVORITE LUCARIO IN MY FAVORITE MATCH OF MY FAVORITE VIDEO OF MY FAVORITE GAME OF MY FAVORITE LUCARIO IN MY FAVORITE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcep3mvpbGg#

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
In my opinion, this is not the way to commentate. We can see what's happening. Commentary needs to be about the deeper workings of the game. General strategies and match-up analysis.

Edit: But there's already been a thread on the boards about this, so no reason to start a conversation about this.

I had a fun time. Nice seeing all the old faces again, and meeting some new faces.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yo, that's a load of bull****, the commentary that is. Pimpslap and I were talking about this yesterday. You don't just say something like "There is a fair, he follows with a dair and shuttle loop" I watch enough sports to know what is good and bad commentary. And, that my friends is bad commentary.

You gotta be more aggressive. Not screaming though, unless it's something like the MikeHaze VS Dojo DI. But, it needs to be less monotone and more realistic the mindless droning is bad. Go in there with stats. How is the player doing so far in this tourny? How has he done in past tournies? Who does this player usually use in this situation? The head to head matchup between X and Y (character vs character or player vs player). These are all some things that I believe can enhance commentary in Brawl, and absolutely need to be done!!!!!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
In my opinion, this is not the way to commentate. We can see what's happening. Commentary needs to be about the deeper workings of the game. General strategies and match-up analysis.

Edit: But there's already been a thread on the boards about this, so no reason to start a conversation about this.

I had a fun time. Nice seeing all the old faces again, and meeting some new faces.
Yo, that's a load of bull****, the commentary that is. Pimpslap and I were talking about this yesterday. You don't just say something like "There is a fair, he follows with a dair and shuttle loop" I watch enough sports to know what is good and bad commentary. And, that my friends is bad commentary.

You gotta be more aggressive. Not screaming though, unless it's something like the MikeHaze VS Dojo DI. But, it needs to be less monotone and more realistic the mindless droning is bad. Go in there with stats. How is the player doing so far in this tourny? How has he done in past tournies? Who does this player usually use in this situation? The head to head matchup between X and Y (character vs character or player vs player). These are all some things that I believe can enhance commentary in Brawl, and absolutely need to be done!!!!!
LOOOOOOOOOL

calm down. It's a joke.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
San molested everyone he played! I'll get vids up later. He's so chill. I wish he would stay in Houston. :)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I really enjoyed that tournament, got to meet alot more people and I personally felt that overall I improved alot.

Everyone in Houston is awesome, I love the variety in this community.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Rockettrainer 1:08 pm
(1:08:19 PM): So you're having another fest Monday or Tuesday?
kldtjiog 1:29 pm
(1:29:17 PM): idk if you're invited, mr put your drink on my game
Rockettrainer 1:29 pm
(1:29:41 PM): Does you game still work?
(1:29:49 PM): for real
Rockettrainer 1:29 pm
(1:29:54 PM): Calm down.
(1:29:58 PM): no
(1:30:00 PM): i will not
Rockettrainer 2:00 pm
(2:00:44 PM): You can't tell others to calm down and then not not be calm.
(2:00:48 PM): That goes against the motto.
kldtjiog 2:03 pm
(2:03:41 PM): no, you're not allowed to say it
(2:04:04 PM): you were never given the privilage
Rockettrainer 2:06 pm
(2:06:05 PM): Hmmm...I wonder if Ketih would approbe.
kldtjiog 2:10 pm
(2:10:44 PM): nope
Rockettrainer 2:10 pm
(2:10:58 PM): Psh, he would.
kldtjiog 2:11 pm
(2:11:12 PM): not after i tell him what you did to my monster hunter
Rockettrainer 2:11 pm
(2:11:20 PM): Pft.
(2:11:53 PM): put your games in your case, son.
kldtjiog 2:12 pm
(2:12:07 PM): KEEP YOUR DRINKS OF MY GAMES
(2:12:13 PM): they're not a **** coster
Rockettrainer 2:14 pm
(2:14:10 PM): Calm down.
(2:14:14 PM): Relax.

MAKE NOTE THAT RT IS BANNED FROM ALL FUTURE P HOLE EVENTS DUE TO USING MY MONSTER HUNTER AS A COASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

YOU JUST GOT CP'd!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro said he might not be able to go if it's on Tuesday. Alas, this means no Xyro vs San rematch...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I literally start my job tuesday and san's best day is monday. all i want is our match and ill go away quietly. PLEASE p4, PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom