• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 6: Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

Quick Info
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263756

When?
February 20th, 2010

Where?
Phase 2 Clubhouse at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas Campus
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
Click here for a campus map.​

What is Teams Edition?
This tournament is going to have a huge focus on Brawl Doubles as the primary/main event, similar to what Centex did. Attendees should prepare themselves for the most intense challenge of teamwork that they will ever experience.

Major Changes
  • Brawl Doubles entry fee has been changed from $5 to $10.
  • There will be a bonus pot of $50 for 1st place in Brawl Doubles, $25 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd.

What are Achievements?
One thing you'll notice is something new called "Achievements." If your team can accomplish 1 or more of these achievements, then your team will receive a $5 cash prize (you cannot receive multiple prizes even if your team completes multiple achievements). At the end of the tournament, the team that has completed the most achievements will receive a special prize (to be announced).

Example Achievements
  • Beat a team without your team losing a stock the entire set (2/3 games).
  • Heal your teammate more than 400% in one game (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) as double Ganon.
  • Save your teammate with footstool twice in one game (replay required).
  • Come back from a 2v1 situation and win when the opposing team has 4 or more combined stocks (replay required).
  • Win a game with a combined total of 100 team attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a game with your girlfriend with 3 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).

Oh... and there's a good chance there will be Free Pizza!

:smash:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys, MAJOR pot bonus for whobo has been announced. please go to the whobo thread and check it out

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
III. Dao's moving to TEXAS?
I know right. He's a really cool guy and I was one of the first person to met him when he got into the scene. Let's make this a great tourney for him to remember so he'll come visit us again whenever he can.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8816

Gnes and Dao? Samboners never coming to a tourney again.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
UK sizes are about 1/2 size lower than US sizes.

Size 12 1/2 would be Size 12 in UK

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
it doesnt say where hes moving to. and who cares? its a CALI diddy. lolololololol

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Xyro, why you ruin errthang.

And best Diddy in WC :[

But arrright lol. Xyro, when you wanna get wrapped again? PX, teach me Wario.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
So is Houston going to be able to make it to Phase this time around??

**Cross Fingers* I assume Gnes and Razer will come but we need ALL of Houston to come, otherwise it is just not the same. Besides its " Teams Edition" Houston has legit Teams and could do really well. 2 weeks should be plenty of time to get everything in motion. ( Carpools, housing, finding the money, ect)

And a new Diddy eh? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. The more the merrier as i always say.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
III. Dao's moving to TEXAS?
I know right. He's a really cool guy and I was one of the first person to met him when he got into the scene. Let's make this a great tourney for him to remember so he'll come visit us again whenever he can.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8816

Gnes and Dao? Samboners never coming to a tourney again.
He said he's moving to Sugar Land :)

So is Houston going to be able to make it to Phase this time around??

**Cross Fingers* I assume Gnes and Razer will come but we need ALL of Houston to come, otherwise it is just not the same. Besides its " Teams Edition" Houston has legit Teams and could do really well. 2 weeks should be plenty of time to get everything in motion. ( Carpools, housing, finding the money, ect)

And a new Diddy eh? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. The more the merrier as i always say.
I was going to eh but bro told me he has classes every Saturday, he's my only way to go lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Someone moving to Sugar Land? Hooray, more practice!

Zori

Smash Champion
is that when you have to beat them game without passing lvl 17? um yeah........... im not doing that lol i just play games for the storyline

and that's ironic because i play brawl

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
is that when you have to beat them game without passing lvl 17? um yeah........... im not doing that lol i just play games for the storyline

and that's ironic because i play brawl
Nah, nothing like that. I think low level playthroughs are dumb. I'm just beating the entire game with the Challenge Medal (enemies all have higher stats and health and it takes up one of your bros item slots at all times). Lol, for most of the games the enemies could 2 shot me, pretty gay.

The Gauntlet sucks with the Challenge Medal on, too... in a good way :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just a heads up for people who travel OOS, Southwest Airlines is having a sale for airplane tickets until Thursday. So if you're planning to travel in the near future, now would be the time to get tickets...

I think other airlines will be having a similar sale to compete against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom