• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This game still has buffering garbage and worse....MASHING during combos/hitstun which everyone does.

It is a better game than Brawl, but that's like saying I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than stabbed in the throat.

And Trela knows. He makes the reads. Amazingly.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You've played Samus in both games. That's like getting hit by two semis while getting stabbed and kicked in the nuts. You're a masochist.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You've played Samus in both games. That's like getting hit by two semis while getting stabbed and kicked in the nuts. You're a masochist.
I'm trying to get away from her. I'm giving Lucas a shot.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The fact Mario was untouched means he is balanced.

But I guess Sheik is too...

This worries me.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Lucas is not bad, but he does not play the exact same way you do with Samus. He will take some practice before you get good. He can definitely fit your playstyle imo.

But you will eventually return to your main. You can never truly leave the shadow you created.

Last edited:

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
I don't think sheik is as busted as people say but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't biased. The only way I can think to nerf her is to change the fair knockback angle to be harder to kill into but also do more damage/kill earlier

Suspect

Smash Hero
People complain about every good character. It's a constant loop. Even when they play a good character themselves.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Needles bouncing fish and Fair is what makes sheik broken.
Two of the moves you can nerf in so many ways, but bouncing fish is tricky to toy with cause you can make it almost completely useless if you hit it the wrong way.

Suspect

Smash Hero
People complain about every good character. It's a constant loop. Even when they play a good character themselves.
Needles bouncing fish and Fair is what makes sheik broken.
Two of the moves you can nerf in so many ways, but bouncing fish is tricky to toy with cause you can make it almost completely useless if you hit it the wrong way.
Boom

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Needles are fine, they do little damage. Melee had far worse needles.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Eh, no worse than the time I fsmash'd the wrong way with Lucario and managed to hit a Sheik that was fsmashing themselves.

Xyro77

MY FRIENDS, THE TIME HAS COME! The largest Smash 4 event in Texas, TGC 3, is tomorrow (6/20/2015 aka Saturday)! Please read this post for last minute info and instructions. Very important stuff.

1. I will be at the TGC venue around 9am. If you wish to be there by 9am to set-up/register/check-in/practice or chat with the LEGENDARY Xyro, please feel free. 2vs2 starts at 12pm and singles will start at 2pm. The registration/check-in lines will be long (TGC events always get 100 or more players) so the earlier you are the better things will be. Once an event starts, you will NOT be allowed to enter. I will NOT hold a spot for you. Leave your house EARLY.

2. Please please please bring a full set-up (WiiU/Tv/Ssb4) to TGC 3. The more set-ups we have the faster this event will end and the more time you will have for friendlies/MMs …etc. If you bring a full set-up you will get half of your venue fee back and/or free soda/water/energy drink. If you cannot bring a full set-up I beg you to bring anything you can. All equipment will help TGC be a better experience.

3. Though not required, bringing $5 or 10$ bills will help me out tremendously. So if you can, please bring 5s or 10s. I accept all bills though.

4. Make sure you have all the DLC (mewtwo/ryu/roy/dreamland 64/suzuka castle/miiverse) and the latest patch (1.0.8) for Smash 4. The DLC characters/stages are not REQUIRED to be on your WiiU but they are HIGHLY recommended. The patch MUST be downloaded no matter what. We would like everybody to be on the same page.

5. There is an Ike/Lucas/Wario challenge at TGC 3. If a player reaches top 5 and ONLY uses 1 of the 3 characters (Lucas/Ike/Wario) the entire tournament, I will personally hand you $50 on top of what you will make for reaching top 5.
6. Please be familiar with the rules of Smash 4 for TGC 3. The rules, events, fees, food menu and everything else you would like to know can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...-lucas-wario-ike-challenge-houston-tx.402642/

7. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me on Smashboards (Xyro77) or Twitter (Xyro77) or FaceBook (Allan Xyro Sims). Remember, what I type/say is the OFFICIAL word. So if you are getting mixed info from other players/users, please run it by me and I will clarify.

PRDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
pardxx
I'm so ****ing mad, my phone auto corrected the address so I didn't get to the venue in time to sign up. I was so hype for this tournament.

PRDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
pardxx
TGC 1 was my first tournament and this was gonna be my 2nd, Im a noob but I honestly had the greatest time at TGC 1. Really disappointed, been looking forward to this tournament since I heard about it.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
TGC 1 was my first tournament and this was gonna be my 2nd, Im a noob but I honestly had the greatest time at TGC 1. Really disappointed, been looking forward to this tournament since I heard about it.
That's unfortunate man, sorry that happened. Try looking into the Katy and Cypress weeklies

Xyro77

The full results for TGC 3 can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/offi...5-128-entrants-megafox-is-unstoppable.407046/

Please leave shoutouts about what you liked/disliked, collect your Smshboards ranking points and correct me if i missed or got your character wrong on the results page. This was a really fun/fast event. Thank you for attending. TGC 4 will be August 15th. More info about that will be coming soon!

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Hey guys, For Glory 5 is coming up on July 11th, so here is all the info you might need for it! The FB event page linked below will have the smashboards link in the description and the rules are on it. 3 stock 8 min no customs for those unfamiliar with the houston scene. In the FB event page there will be a google form which you MUST fill out for me to be seeded correctly for pools. If you show up the day of and havent filled out the form i can't promise you a good seed in your pool. Please fill this out for me, you can't understand how helpful it will be. I will link below as well. There will be special prizes given out during the day and first place of the tournament gets a very hard to find amiibo! If you have any more questions, ill be happy to answer them!

FB Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/876193535753066/
Registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xdIFWMFc3U_eFPtMaosSEAIitCciMwcHmwWM2ocmRzE/viewform?c=0&w=1

Top Bottom