• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I read the McDonald's breakfst menu this morning.

They added mini bundt cakes.

I was scared.

Last edited:

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
http://i.imgur.com/lnDIPph.png

Custom stages are now available to share!
I have an idea, as a TO in the community...

I can make custom stages (like hazardless pokemon stadium 2) and we can share them everywhere, then run them in tournament!

Of course, this is a lot to plan and hash out, but imagine the possibilities! We could have 5 SOLID neutrals, move lylat, duck hunt, and town and city into counterpick status... and more!

I would experiment with these at weekly tournaments first, and even then it isn't possible until the update... But still, what do you all think?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
So Lucas's down throw buries people. Did anyone see that ****? I shudder at the thought of down throw up smash

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So Lucas's down throw buries people. Did anyone see that ****? I shudder at the thought of down throw up smash
Did you play Brawl? I know different game and could be changes, but his Usmash was super slow on purpose because of how powerful it was. Now dthrow->utilt worked but only until certain percents.
http://i.imgur.com/lnDIPph.png

Custom stages are now available to share!
I have an idea, as a TO in the community...

I can make custom stages (like hazardless pokemon stadium 2) and we can share them everywhere, then run them in tournament!

Of course, this is a lot to plan and hash out, but imagine the possibilities! We could have 5 SOLID neutrals, move lylat, duck hunt, and town and city into counterpick status... and more!

I would experiment with these at weekly tournaments first, and even then it isn't possible until the update... But still, what do you all think?
Good luck.

People tried this in Brawl and it was shot down. You'll have problems making sure no one tampers with the integrity of the stage design and and what constitutes as "good and neutral stage design." Also depends on how much hassle it is to share stages at the tournament locally. You will fight an uphill battle convincing people instead of keeping it simple and using what the stagea are already available.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC will NEVER have custom stages. We play REAL smash.

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Can Krebs bring his custom hat? Or what if I bring my custom gamecube controller? Can I bring my friend who's a customs officer? Custom. Custom. Custom. Custom.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
TGC will NEVER have custom stages. We play REAL smash.
Yeah man. F him. Brb, gonna camp the sides of Colosseum. #walkoffdabess
Can Krebs bring his custom hat? Or what if I bring my custom gamecube controller? Can I bring my friend who's a customs officer? Custom. Custom. Custom. Custom.
How about you custom GET OUT before I custom vomit?

Last edited:

Xyro77

*has never lost to a walk off camper*
*mains samus*

If I can do it so can you

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*has never lost to a walk off camper*
*mains samus*

If I can do it so can you
Because YOU'RE THE ONE DOING THE CAMPING.

And you know that is flawed reasoning.

Well I never lost to a Fox in Melee or Dedede in Brawl on any walkoff so herp derp berp lerp make them legal.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Did you play Brawl? I know different game and could be changes, but his Usmash was super slow on purpose because of how powerful it was. Now dthrow->utilt worked but only until certain percents.
Good luck.

People tried this in Brawl and it was shot down. You'll have problems making sure no one tampers with the integrity of the stage design and and what constitutes as "good and neutral stage design." Also depends on how much hassle it is to share stages at the tournament locally. You will fight an uphill battle convincing people instead of keeping it simple and using what the stagea are already available.
The burial effect from his down throw is definitely new. Maybe not upsmash, but his up air would be a good bet, given that its fairly strong (though then again that would the equivalent of Ness's back throw).

#Hoohahreturns

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The burial effect from his down throw is definitely new. Maybe not upsmash, but his up air would be a good bet, given that its fairly strong (though then again that would the equivalent of Ness's back throw).

#Hoohahreturns
You take reduced knockback when you get hit out of buried status. It'll probably be no worse than DK's SideB, because DK is top tier right guys...?

Somewhere, gamma is banging his head into a wall, like DK.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
i dont think the throw forces burial. i think the bury animation is just part of the throw animation.

you saw megaman pop out of bury in hitstun. that doesn't happen in normal bury.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Don't you pop out of buried status completely vertical? I've seen Gamma follow up with DK's upair everytime he buried me. A grab's also a lot easier to land than DK's side b.

I actually did not know about the knockback resistance, interesting.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
It's a sinking feeling when you bury someone and they don't die from forward smash because of reduced knockback.

Also, what if the Lucas grab burial is just an "effect" of the throw and not really a burial like DK headbutt or Samus Down B.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In Brawl, the bury was part of the throw animation, it does not put them into buried status. They probably reused the buried animation to save time and have it look more natural.

Again, did you play Brawl? Unless they changed it (pfffffffffffft), then no difference.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Can I bring my custom age as well? If I can't, then you can't call me 10 anymore! Mwahahaha! F you to the highest levels of poop!

Xyro77

Because YOU'RE THE ONE DOING THE CAMPING.

And you know that is flawed reasoning.

Well I never lost to a Fox in Melee or Dedede in Brawl on any walkoff so herp derp berp lerp make them legal.
I do the camping a lot and lose some times. Why? Cause it's VERY beatable if you think about what is going on.

1. I'm 1 roll, one throw (unless it's a garbage throw), one smash Attack away from away from death at all times after 50%.

2. Being in the blast zone hurts you so it's not a safe spot to camp.

3. Most all of the projectiles in the game cannot reach an enemy if they run to the opposite side of the blast zone camper. Hell, the game stops SAMUS from having 2 super missiles out at the same time.

4. Counter the camper with a camp character.

5. Ban/strike the stage.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Christ, you've fallen far from your Melee days if you actually promote camping to combat camping instead of negating the situation by banning the stage.

Whatever then...

Last edited:

Xyro77

Christ, you've fallen far from your Melee days if you actually promote camping to combat camping instead of negating the situation by banning the stage.

Whatever then...
This isn't melee. This is Brawl 2.0. The days of honest, aggressive, skill based play have long left us. We gotta go with it or stick with an ancient relic riddled with fox.

Also, MELEE is the most butchered smash game ever created. It's a SHELL of what it use to be. Very sad about that. At least with brawl/smash 4 the butchery never got that bad.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Of course I was talking about old Melee, I agree new Melee is silly.

But as an old gen, your first statement bothers me. Whatever, it's your series, but I will never support the "camp instead of fight" mentality in a FIGHTING game.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
UH.... Are you high? How the **** is Melee the most butchered Smash game when you have MK and tripping in Brawl?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
In Brawl, the bury was part of the throw animation, it does not put them into buried status. They probably reused the buried animation to save time and have it look more natural.

Again, did you play Brawl? Unless they changed it (pfffffffffffft), then no difference.
Really? The only thing I remember from his downthrow was a bunch of lights shooting out. Man it feels like ages since I last played Brawl.

Does anyone want to play Brawl? I really want to play it again for some reason.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
UH.... Are you high? How the **** is Melee the most butchered Smash game when you have MK and tripping in Brawl?
You're too young to be president, plz be patient
Really? The only thing I remember from his downthrow was a bunch of lights shooting out. Man it feels like ages since I last played Brawl.

Does anyone want to play Brawl? I really want to play it again for some reason.
Dear god, why would you have such terrible feelings?

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
For the nostalgia mostly. Brawl was fun once you got rid of MK, camping, and chain grabs.

Wario and Falco camping was the worst, threw me off the competitive scene.

Last edited:

Xyro77

You were 3 years old when melee came out and 8 years old when melee went through "the great butchering." All you know of Melee is its current form.

Melee use to have

FD
BattleField
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Pkmn Stadium
Poke floats
Mute City
Mushroom kingdom 2
Yoshi island
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Kongo jungle
Yoshi story
Green Greens (some events)

All these stages were legal. Around 07 or right when brawl came out in 2008. Nearly all of those stages got banned and FD/Pkmn stadium were moved to CPs. Why? Many many new gens entered the scene and only had heard/seen FGC rules/mentalities. So they began pressuring the spineless mainstream TOs to change the rules to fit the FGC standards (all flat stages or very very minimal shifting stages). So instead of abusing a very unique feature that ONLY smash games have (stage variation) they wish to butcher it. Doing so GREATLY favors the top tiers and prevents lower tiers from having a chance (it's already hard enough to main low tiers with a full stage list).

The same happened in brawl but not to this extreme. Smash 4 may reach brawl level or worse if people keep looking through FGC goggles.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well played, Gamestop. You announce amiibo reservations but then aren't prepared.

Xyro77

Omfg I've been at GS for the exclusive Ness Amiibo for over an hour now.

RAZER YOU OWE ME

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
xyro, i just read the TGC ruleset. you have 15 stages and only 1 stage strike? 2 stages are permanent walkoffs.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Omfg I've been at GS for the exclusive Ness Amiibo for over an hour now.

RAZER YOU OWE ME
Why would you ever agree to helping him with his disgusting dealings without asking anything in return?

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
You were 3 years old when melee came out and 8 years old when melee went through "the great butchering." All you know of Melee is its current form.

Melee use to have

FD
BattleField
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Pkmn Stadium
Poke floats
Mute City
Mushroom kingdom 2
Yoshi island
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Kongo jungle
Yoshi story
Green Greens (some events)

All these stages were legal. Around 07 or right when brawl came out in 2008. Nearly all of those stages got banned and FD/Pkmn stadium were moved to CPs. Why? Many many new gens entered the scene and only had heard/seen FGC rules/mentalities. So they began pressuring the spineless mainstream TOs to change the rules to fit the FGC standards (all flat stages or very very minimal shifting stages). So instead of abusing a very unique feature that ONLY smash games have (stage variation) they wish to butcher it. Doing so GREATLY favors the top tiers and prevents lower tiers from having a chance (it's already hard enough to main low tiers with a full stage list).

The same happened in brawl but not to this extreme. Smash 4 may reach brawl level or worse if people keep looking through FGC goggles.
Ohhh! I see now. Thanks for explaining.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
well i looked at the TGC1 smashboards post, the rules for that tourney are different from TGC2 but you can see them here http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/rules
definitely only had 1 ban. still, disregard my previous point.

new rules here for TGC2
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NRQBH9pNW44YAt4FtPE0fmEWw5QSG-Y62t321dIncRg/edit

2 bans, 14 stages. and any stage is starter. strike order says 1,22,1111,etc. which is confusing because above that the rules say
"
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Full Legal Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method (see “Determining Player Priority” below) where each player takes turns striking one or two stages until one remains.
"

i'm assuming it means 1,22,1111,2222,1,2 which is still uneven due to having an even number of stages.
still, clarification on this would be nice.

so... 14 stages. 1 permanent walkoff (colosseum)
delfino/skyloft/wuhu for moving stages
PS2/halberd/castle for transition stages
lylat/kongo

2 bans. lots of potential for craziness.

my only issue with a big stagelist is that i think it caters to having longer sets. 3/5 2stock would be awesome with a large stagelist if you want to show off more stages.

Xyro77

There is nothing wrong with this. If anything, Im About to add one more stage to make it 15.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trash......

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will say that 15 stages is probably bordering on waaaaaay too many stages. 13 should be like the limit. I like a liberal stage list, but having a big list will eventually have jank stages creep onto it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I did. He with go see avengers 2 with me several times.
You've taken your first step into the abyss with amiibos. It will beckon and you will answer the call of darkness one day...

Xyro77

All I have is a Samus Amiiboo and a bought a Female Inkling Amiiboo for splatoon.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh, so you got another one? The call...

Yes, then they will have some for Xenoblade 2...with each you buy, you give yourself up to the darkness.

It's okay, Alex and Razer couldn't fight it. So it was with them, so it shall be with you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom