• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
it looked like mewtwo's side b actually reflects instead of redirecting projectiles. heh.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
please tell me you have not wrote off doc as bad forever. hes unexplored
He is fun to play, but fun does not equal good. His bad recovery is too exploitable, just like in Melee.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOLY F

200cc for Mario Kart 8?!?!?!!?

LMAO that is CRAZY

MK8 DLC pack 2 launch date moved to april 23

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Solution for all Diddy Kong Loving ******s like Fliphop and Myself..
Vote Dixie Kong In ;3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Time to go the opposite way and vote Brawl MK.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Did you mean Persona featuring Fire Emblem
jk I like the idea of SMT/Persona battle system with Fire Emblem classes and cameos

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
My friend suggested thr characters in the trailer may be reimaginings of FE characters
Thoughts Knife?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
BREAKING NEWS brought to you by Xyro77! The Nintendo Direct that is going on RIGHT NOW just gave out dates for Smash 4 DLC!

Mewtwo (smash 4) will be available for free for the users who redeemed both smash wiiu/3ds codes. Mewtwo will be released for you guys on April 15th 2015! The people who are forced to buy Mewtwo as DLC will be able to get him by April 28th 2015! Mewtwo is legal at TGC 2 on APril 25th.

Lucas has joined Smash 4! He will be available sometime in June 2015! If he is released BEFORE TGC 3, he will be legal for TGC 3.
Aside from the fact that he won't be available to everyone before the tournament, you realize alot of setups wont have him right?

Hopefully he won't be too popular at that moment.

Xyro77

Aside from the fact that he won't be available to everyone before the tournament, you realize alot of setups wont have him right?

Having DLC characters and DLC stages and patches will always cause issues at offline events for any game. I cant force everyone to get the patch or characters or stages. I could say "if you dont have the characters/stages/patch, you cant bring your set-up" but i KNOW they would hurt the event WAY more than missing mewtow or Pkmn Stadium 2, you know? Luckily, mewtwo will be so extremely popular than 99% of all WiiU brought to TGC over the years will have him. Lucas and the user voted characters may or may not be so popular.

The one thing i WILL require for TGC 3 and on is the patch. ALL USERS who provide a wiiu MUST have the most updated version of smash wiiu. especially if it patches diddy.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I'm not talking about patches or paid DLC. Thats guaranteed mandatory ofcourse, but I am saying if TGC2 is BEFORE the public release, you might have a very low supply of setups with Mewtwo available.

Xyro77

I'm not talking about patches or paid DLC. Thats guaranteed mandatory ofcourse, but I am saying if TGC2 is BEFORE the public release, you might have a very low supply of setups with Mewtwo available.
Yes and that is ok.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Time to go the opposite way and vote Brawl Marth.
Fixed
VOTE RAYMAN
THE DREAM NEEDS TO LIVE
even before I finished reading this in my head I heard Gaius's obnoxious voice saying this

I like your avi

Teshie U

Smash Lord
kk xyro, im only worried about that crucial early period of the tournament where you have like 120 matches that need to be played on 30 setups and half the people there are so bad they just want to try mewtwo out round 1 and the other half is so good they want to troll bad players with their newest character.

Maybe try to get a head count of people bringing setups with mewtwo. I know I'll have him, but sync forgot to register his stuff so he wont.

Xyro77

kk xyro, im only worried about that crucial early period of the tournament where you have like 120 matches that need to be played on 30 setups and half the people there are so bad they just want to try mewtwo out round 1 and the other half is so good they want to troll bad players with their newest character.

Maybe try to get a head count of people bringing setups with mewtwo. I know I'll have him, but sync forgot to register his stuff so he wont.
If any player goes to an event and truly "main" a character that has only been out 10 days....LMAO better luck at the next TGC.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
If any player goes to an event and truly "main" a character that has only been out 10 days....LMAO better luck at the next TGC.
I'm not talking about "maining" him. I just said I'm talking about the possibility of anyone wanting to go Mewtwo in a match that doesn't matter to them and possibly needing to move to a different setup.

I guess I'm just talking about a worst case scenario, most people would likely give up on it if he isnt available on the setup.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I'm not talking about "maining" him. I just said I'm talking about the possibility of anyone wanting to go Mewtwo in a match that doesn't matter to them and possibly needing to move to a different setup.

I guess I'm just talking about a worst case scenario, most people would likely give up on it if he isnt available on the setup.
What solution do you propose?

Xyro77

smash_bros__4___mewtwo_strikes_back__by_r_one_92-d7xupel.png

Introducing the Mewtwo/DuckHunt Challenge!!

Go to the TGC 2 thread and check out post #26 for more info about the challenge. While you are there, don't forget to pre-register online for 1vs1 (please include your gamer tag when registering) and venue at the top of the page so that you can be correctly seeded and placed into pools/brackets before you walk into the venue. Pre-registration will end 3 days before TGC 2. In person registration with no seeding will commence on the day of TGC 2. If you have any questions about the challenge or registration, please post in the TGC 2 thread.

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
View attachment 45392

Introducing the Mewtwo/DuckHunt Challenge!!

Go to the TGC 2 thread and check out post #26 for more info about the challenge. While you are there, don't forget to pre-register online for 1vs1 (please include your gamer tag when registering) and venue at the top of the page so that you can be correctly seeded and placed into pools/brackets before you walk into the venue. Pre-registration will end 3 days before TGC 2. In person registration with no seeding will commence on the day of TGC 2. If you have any questions about the challenge or registration, please post in the TGC 2 thread.
Gr8 B8 M8

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I thought the general consensus was to only allow publicly accessible content.

I get the position you are in anyway Xyro, you only run events every 6 weeks.

Xyro77

I thought the general consensus was to only allow publicly accessible content.

I get the position you are in anyway Xyro, you only run events every 6 weeks.
I do things differently than mainstream TOs. I don't think this challenge will alienate anyone. If you have the DLC, do Mewtwo. If you dont, do DuckHunt. I covered both bases.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
IDC about the challenge. Anyone going for top 5 is already getting more than 50 bucks and they won't risk that larger sum of money/glory by going someone bad.

You do realize that by challenging people to go Mewtwo, you emphasizing the issue I pointing out earlier. Where LOTS of people need to use Mewtwo and you only have a few setups with him.

What about your 3DS only player who have mewtwo unlocked but can't use him on a Wii U setup that doesnt have him unlocked?

Good luck with it, I too would love to see some solid mewtwo play.

Xyro77

IDC about the challenge. Anyone going for top 5 is already getting more than 50 bucks and they won't risk that larger sum of money/glory by going someone bad.

You do realize that by challenging people to go Mewtwo, you emphasizing the issue I pointing out earlier. Where LOTS of people need to use Mewtwo and you only have a few setups with him.

What about your 3DS only player who have mewtwo unlocked but can't use him on a Wii U setup that doesnt have him unlocked?

Good luck with it, I too would love to see some solid mewtwo play.
If Mewtwo isnt available in any form then obviously he cant be used. So instead, use DuckHunt or whoever you normally would use. This challenge is optional and doesnt hurt anyone.

If you reach top 5 then not only do you get the pot money for 5th but you also get the 50$ too. its an extra reward for doing something pretty hard.

edit: yes, this challenge ,ay also help us see some good duckhunt/mewtwo play. mewto got the shaft in melee, maybe he will be worth a dam in this game. only one way to find out

Last edited:
Top Bottom