• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just please...don't cart. Every time I see someone with a SHIELD cart...it hurts...my heart...and prize money...
It doesn't matter if you have a shield. The **** game has Attacks that beat shields.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

YOUR HERO HAS ARRIVED
Have you even decided what to name your Felyne companion? I won't wait 5 hours for you to pick a name for it.
It doesn't matter if you have a shield. The **** game has Attacks that beat shields.
There are total of maybe 3 highly telegraphed attacks you can't block out of hundreds, and I know you didn't cart from them. I play weapons that can't shield and don't get hit by them. GIT GUD, SCRUB.

I'm at the new TGC venue right now. Looks cool outside. Waiting to get inside
While I was there, I got a good feel of how the tourney should be set up, but that's just my opinion. Curious to see how you'll handle it.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Do you have pictures of the layout of the venue and an idea how everything will be set up?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I can describe it.

After you go through main entrance (restrooms are near there fyi), you'll enter a giant dance floor/stage area (I assume livestream setup is here). Kitchen and bar is also there as well. To the right had a small room which would be perfect for Pokemon imo. To the left opens into a huge area for a large number of setups. Space should not be an issue if planned correctly imo. There's a few patio areas if the place gets crowded and people feel claustrophobic.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Just to check, does anyone else want to go to Dallas for shockwave on friday? BC and I will be leaving Friday afternoon and returning right after the tournament I think (so we will be back Saturday morning)

Xyro77

I can describe it.

After you go through main entrance (restrooms are near there fyi), you'll enter a giant dance floor/stage area (I assume livestream setup is here). Kitchen and bar is also there as well. To the right had a small room which would be perfect for Pokemon imo. To the left opens into a huge area for a large number of setups. Space should not be an issue if planned correctly imo. There's a few patio areas if the place gets crowded and people feel claustrophobic.

image.jpg

That is the floor plan with my scheme of where everything will go.

DA's stuff is on the right. The rest is mine.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*sees cake crossed out*

You monster. I hate you.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
you can count on mine. do you need an extra tv as well? i also have a bunch of cords a webcam and bunch of other necessities for streaming connecting stuff together and whatnot just let me know

Xyro77

No because not everyone who says they will bring a setup will actually bring a setup. That makes the spread sheet useless

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
^Yea you should just give up on organizing anything at all.

At the very least, showing how little you have might make it more clear that you need setups. Every tournament someone says "oh i had a Tv but i thought you wouldn't need it".

But with a small turnout like 128 you should be fine with the bear minimum.

Not sure if I'm attending TGC, but if I do go, I can bring 2-3 TVs and maybe 1 Wii U (i'd have to borrow an adapter).

Xyro77

It's understood by all players who read the tournament thread/FB event that you should bring anything you can. I make many many "please bring stuff" posts. It's also on the OP of every tournament thread.

The ones who say "oh I didn't know I could have brought my tv" are the ones who don't read or the ones who get caught not helping out the event and so they begin making an excuse.

Edit: give up on organizing events? No. I don't hate this game/scene enough yet.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Is there a way to have a check in/out system and to garauntee prevention of theft? I know I'd be PISSED if someone stole my GC adapter since you can't find them anywhere.

Xyro77

At nationals, I could pay to have this done but at a monthly, I can't.

I recommend, you keep an eye on your stuff and keep the smaller things on you (adapter/controller). It's what I do.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Is there a way to have a check in/out system and to garauntee prevention of theft? I know I'd be PISSED if someone stole my GC adapter since you can't find them anywhere.
No one should be taking anything or packing up during the tournament as they should all be in constant use.

Otherwise no, there never has been and there probably never will be.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It never hurts to make rounds to your setup in-between matches.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
What time are you leaving Tesh
I was coming over tomorrow right after school and might be interested

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Tournament starts at 7pm. I dont see us waiting until after school to leave. Its like 4-5 hour drive....

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Damn
I shouldn't skip school oh well
I guess I'll just come over to play with Sync and Asa if they're there

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Honestly I was kinda worried about this at first too. Remember that one lone setup in the corner at Sam1? That was mine. But as long as the tournament stays busy your setup would be constantly played on and it would be hard anyone to take any component of it. I imagine TGC will be hella busy so that won't be a problem. Plus the more setups we have the sooner you guys can get out of there right?

I'm of course bringing my setup as well. Pokemon starts at 8pm tho... I'm probably staying till the very end.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Me too. And LBG as well I just main bowguns.
That's fine, my only pet peeve is when people repeatedly cart. If you don't cart (outside of the extremely rare wombo combos), you're good to go imo.

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Gauis is cool as fu, yukiko avatar, annnd a thief. Tesh, go to TGC and team with me, I'll bring more of that cake :)
Btw, just got the new 3ds, whats the best way to transfer all my information/games/saves to it?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Go to settings, select transfer system, and follow the instructions

Xyro77

Flip. I need those replays.

Is anyone going to Syncs today?