• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
TGC should actually be exciting. Houston will of course have Trela, Flip, myself along with rising players in Sm4sh like Leaf, Zori, Tesh, Gnes and others. San Antonio will have their best with Espy, Megafox, K Prime, surprise Paw and who else knows. Dallas has the usual and we may be getting good OOS players too. Feels like many will be able to compete for 1st and in the top 8.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Finally got the last headgear, thank you MK amiibo...

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
TGC should actually be exciting. Houston will of course have Trela, Flip, myself along with rising players in Sm4sh like Leaf, Zori, Tesh, Gnes and others. San Antonio will have their best with Espy, Megafox, K Prime, surprise Paw and who else knows. Dallas has the usual and we may be getting good OOS players too. Feels like many will be able to compete for 1st and in the top 8.
TGC will be taken by storm by me and my army of Jigglypuffs

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Who's going to San Antonio's monthly on the 21

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Does anybody know what streamers like TeamSp00ky use to have audio feed of the game to go straight into the headsets? I like to have direct feed to headsets if possible when I play since the monitors volume is horrible.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I know for me when I record/stream, the recording program itself allows the game audio to come through the laptop, but I have the option to mute the game audio as well. I would think most programs allow this.

Unless you're talking about something else...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Spooky has it so that the game's audio is streamed and recorded, but also has it set up so that a pair of headphones at the station also project the game's audio into them.

Spooky explained it during the Apex stream, but I don't remember much of it. Most of it sounded like technology-based insanity to me, but he mentioned something about it having to deal with some kind of output that Xbone/PS4 have that the WiiU doesn't, so he had to give it one with some kinda adapter.

Iunno. Ask Spooks. I'm sure he'd answer. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ooooooh, okay. I get it now...

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
You know what I don't get? Why the f I went to Walmart this morning thinking I'd actually find amiibo. The amiibo section was literally empty. Like 0 amiibo. F them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You know what I don't get? Why the f I went to Walmart this morning thinking I'd actually find amiibo. The amiibo section was literally empty. Like 0 amiibo. F them.
You fell for the noob trap.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I might just bring headphones to TGC and plug them in to the ASUS monitors. I don't think you can hear anything if nobody brings external speakers.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, you could bring the gamepad and use its crappy speakers...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not surprised and very hyped.

Gnes plz, get a Wii U...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you want a rare amiibo, you must give up a piece of your soul...

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Karna here. Just found this thread.
I'm looking to practice with people offline, let me know who's down.
Also how can we start a weekly here in Houston? SA, Dallas and Austin have like 2-3 different weeklies and we don't have any.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Hey guys, Karna here. Just found this thread.
I'm looking to practice with people offline, let me know who's down.
Also how can we start a weekly here in Houston? SA, Dallas and Austin have like 2-3 different weeklies and we don't have any.
First post here and already more productive then we've been in days

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
There's weeklies at Cypress, TX (Near 290/Highway 6) at this guy's garage. He posts on the Smash 4 FB page weekly.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Syncs house has smash all the time. He had like 15 people over there a few days ago.

Becareful though. Weeklies burn people out fast. That's why dallas and SA never beat our tournament numbers. We don't do weeklies and they do.

Last edited:

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
The Cypress thing is on a Tuesday but I have class late Tuesdays so that won't work. Can we find a venue to host weeklies so we can get large amounts of people to come? I know the Austin and Dallas weeklies pull over 70 entrants regularly. Also I think weeklies are a good idea to promote a competitive environment and to motivate people to get better each week.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
The Cypress thing is on a Tuesday but I have class late Tuesdays so that won't work. Can we find a venue to host weeklies so we can get large amounts of people to come? I know the Austin and Dallas weeklies pull over 70 entrants regularly. Also I think weeklies are a good idea to promote a competitive environment and to motivate people to get better each week.
You gotta think about people forking out money for weeklies in order to cover the cost of a particular venue. Your best bet is to go to Syncs if you're looking for top notch training. You could also, find players in the scene and train with them daily, sorta like a crew in a sense.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well...the only way to beat a god is to counter with another god. Keep in mind it was a Buster Backslash...countering that would probably OHKO regardless.

But yeah, counter moves is this game are stupidly good. Except Peach, because huehuehue Toad.

Good thing there are moves that (stupidly) go through counter moves.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Edit: NVM. Buster aura makes you receive tons of knockback So not only was the damage/KnockBack returned but because he was in buster mkde the KnockBack was multiplied.
Buster does more damage, smash does knockback. But since it was a Buster backslash which got vision'd while Shulk was not facing him and stacked with him being in Buster...oooooooooooooh baby.

In simple terms, halp plz

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Would anybody wanna do me a quick photoshop job? I'll let you into singles or doubles (your choice) for free.

I have a 10$ MM vs Onion.

The Green Lesbian (samus) vs the 10 year old (lucina).

Would some one make a funny graphic about this MM?

Last edited:
Top Bottom