• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Exactly, lol. When you repeatedly DASH ATTACK into a character and they can just roll away in one direction.. you know there's a problem. If you're saying MK's forward roll has more vulnerability I'm seriously scared for when people start abusing them at high level X(

I'm really hoping Nintendo patches rolling. I know tons of semi-casual players have been complaining about it on smashboards/reddit/etc, if their voices are heard it'd make the game SO much better. I feel like a good fourth of the reason why matches last so long is due to just how much more evasive this game is on the ground compared to all the other ones.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's kinda like... the optimal punish for a roll is to roll yourself to the "better" position or something. Sometimes I think Sakurai/Namco had some grand plan on dynamic neutral "it's better than standing still and just buffering spot dodge into power shields right?".

When I'm playing for glory and I'm feeling the roll spam and go Falco, abusing my longer than average, reactively rolling to a roll and jabbing the ***** because **** scrubs being able to buffer turn around punishes on wifi.

A lot of characters have long range dash-like attacks that excel at hard-core ****ing people for double rolling (they cover the distance of two rolls with elongated duration hitboxes). I think in theory we could've come to be fine with rolls, but the disparity of 25 to 30 framers and who has the 25s is irksome.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
thaddeus went to the hospital, won't have to worry about him for a while :<
seriously hope he gets better though lol **** got too funny

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
1. Just watch DaPuffster do the one hit KO move with mii brawler on live stream. Killed rosalina at 9%. Custom moves are DONE.

2. Downloaded kart 8 DLC. Mega hyped for link And his epona-bike.

3. Lmao at brawl gens

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Brawl gens are old gens since next March is 7 years.
Xyro can be considered Ancient, like a Pharaoh so we gotta bury him with his many achievements once he leaves this Smash world.

Illmatic is kewl, I miss going to tournaments. Houston going to SA when?
Trela Leaf. only ones who come to visit.

Xyro77

Brawl gens are old gens since next March is 7 years.
Xyro can be considered Ancient, like a Pharaoh so we gotta bury him with his many achievements once he leaves this Smash world.

Illmatic is kewl, I miss going to tournaments. Houston going to SA when?
Trela Leaf. only ones who come to visit.
I will NEVER call brawl gens "old gens"

i am an ancient gen though

id love to go to SA when they do monthlies. weeklies would be a waste

Xyro77

Watched DaPuffster did the one hit KO on Dabuz rosalina and won. its EASY to do now.

edit: dabuz lost the set.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Dapuffster just beat nakat witht he same tech. yall need to see the stream. clash tournaments stream.

Edit: beat Nakat Ness with the tech lol

Last edited:

Xyro77

A small Road to TGC 2 update: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...-2-free-food-free-venue-houston-texas.370613/

Hey guys, tonight around 2am central time, the 1st Mario Kart DLC pack will be released. TGC 2 will support the DLC for its Mario Kart 8 event so it is in your best interest to get the DLC and train on the new stages before TGC 2.

To see what you get in the DLC pack, go here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...around_the_legend_of_zelda_x_mario_kart_8_dlc

Also, for those of you that want early practice on the final WiiU version of smash 4, GameStop is doing a smash WiiU demo from 6pm-9pm on Nov 14th. This practice, along with the 15 days of practice after the release of Smash WiiU on Nov 21st is a decent head start in preparation for TGC 2.

To see a list of locations that have the WiiU smash demo, please go here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SuperSmashBros_Demo/

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Noice, guess I am going to the one in Bellaire. There's not too many locations...

Xyro77

Xyro/Gea/RoyR= ancient gens

RT/FlipHop/Furbs= old gens

Illmatic/Razer/Trela/Tesh/sync/zori or anybody who's first major competitive smash game was brawl= brawl gens

Everyone else= new gen NERDS

Edit: please don't let me play smash 5.

Edit edit: what RT said below is right. RoyR is ancient gen.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm pretty sure RoyR should be considered old gen since he was playing before MLG Houston, which was 2005...

Those interested in capture card for Smash U, Newegg has them on sale.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TP-0072-00001&ignorebbr=1

This is the one I will be using, and I would recommend. It works extremely well, just make sure you have a good computer/laptop (and a looooooot of free space) for it to capture correctly. Use promo code EMCWWWG36 for extra 10% off, and it should come out to $152.20 with free shipping. Not too bad for a fairly new capture card that can do 1080p60fps for consoles.

If you don't care about 60fps and are fine with 30fps, they also have the older Game capture HD card for sale as well. Just use same promo code to get the extra 10% off.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Flip, I turn 27 in 2 days. STILL trying to finish school/get a non stepping stone job, find a girlfriend who hates MK+likes kids (claire) and can handle my receding hairline....etc. Smash 4 is very fun and I love it but DAYUM I'm old/have a lot on my plate. Melee was out 7 years, brawl was 6 so what if smash 4 is out for another 6 years? If my calculus is right (and it always is) Id be 33 when smash 5 comes out.

I'm sure little tommy's mommy will LOVE (sarcasm btw) to drop her kid off at 33 year old's venue to play pikachu vs mario. Lolol no :(

Then I gotta worry about one of the nightmares I have every once in a while. It's about when Claire goes to 2nd grade and has a "career day" where they ask parents to come to school to tell the students what they do for a living. "HI KIDZ IM XYRO77 AND INSTEAD OF DOING SOMETHING COOL LIKE CREATING A CURE FOR
EBOLA I ACTUALLY SIT ON MY ASS TALKING ON A VIDEO GAME FORUM TO KIDS HALF MY AGE ABOUT FALCHION BLADES AND POKEMANS PUNCHING DANKEY KANGS OH AND I RUN TOURNAMENTS WHERE RAINBOW EGGS ARE THROWN BY GREEN DINOSAURS WANNA COME AND PLAY?!?!? OH BTW SEE THAT GIRL RIGHT THERE? THATS CLAIRE AND IM SURE SHE WILL REGRET ME LATER IN LIFE K BYE"

Lol so yeah I refuse to host in smash 5.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yikes in 6 years I'll be 34... This is not looking good. Some New Gen will step up to the plate.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Flip, I turn 27 in 2 days. STILL trying to finish school/get a non stepping stone job, find a girlfriend who hates MK+likes kids (claire) and can handle my receding hairline....etc. Smash 4 is very fun and I love it but DAYUM I'm old/have a lot on my plate. Melee was out 7 years, brawl was 6 so what if smash 4 is out for another 6 years? If my calculus is right (and it always is) Id be 33 when smash 5 comes out.

I'm sure little tommy's mommy will LOVE (sarcasm btw) to drop her kid off at 33 year old's venue to play pikachu vs mario. Lolol no :(

Then I gotta worry about one of the nightmares I have every once in a while. It's about when Claire goes to 2nd grade and has a "career day" where they ask parents to come to school to tell the students what they do for a living. "HI KIDZ IM XYRO77 AND INSTEAD OF DOING SOMETHING COOL LIKE CREATING A CURE FOR
EBOLA I ACTUALLY SIT ON MY *** TALKING ON A VIDEO GAME FORUM TO KIDS HALF MY AGE ABOUT FALCHION BLADES AND POKEMANS PUNCHING DANKEY KANGS OH AND I RUN TOURNAMENTS WHERE RAINBOW EGGS ARE THROWN BY GREEN DINOSAURS WANNA COME AND PLAY?!?!?"

Lol so yeah I refuse to host in smash 5.
I lol'd at the end

Xyro77

Those interested in capture card for Smash U, Newegg has them on sale.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TP-0072-00001&ignorebbr=1

This is the one I will be using, and I would recommend. It works extremely well, just make sure you have a good computer/laptop (and a looooooot of free space) for it to capture correctly. Use promo code EMCWWWG36 for extra 10% off, and it should come out to $152.20 with free shipping. Not too bad for a fairly new capture card that can do 1080p60fps for consoles.

If you don't care about 60fps and are fine with 30fps, they also have the older Game capture HD card for sale as well. Just use same promo code to get the extra 10% off.
If you wanna get me something for my birthday, get me a streaming computer. Please

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Honestly, my previous laptop still works great (probably needs a replacement battery to be true portable again) and still has great specs, I just stopped using it because the fan started making noises. If you can find someone to fix the fan (I'm too lazy, huehuehue), I could let you borrow for TGC for an extended period of time...

Last edited:

Xyro77

The kart 8 DLC is really good. The F-zero track and Hyrule track have pretty smart elements. I love it!!!

Rosalina+blue falcon=hot.

Xyro77

You can double post. DA doesn't care and Shaya doesn't either as long as you don't go overboard

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
8 more days, plz...

Sync.

Smash Champion
I don't really care about my age gonna do what I enjoy no matter what lol. It probably won't be smash but who knows lmao.

On another note, there's a GFC tournament this weekend?

Xyro77

I don't really care about my age gonna do what I enjoy no matter what lol. It probably won't be smash but who knows lmao.

On another note, there's a GFC tournament this weekend?

Yeah man. First post on this thread. Go grab PR points.

Top Bottom