• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The point is to buy their New 3DS to play it. Uh durrrrrrrrrrrrr.

They could theoretically patch it in later, but if it was a conscious decision to not include support, then...welp.

But yeah, you won't get to practice anything technical.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was contemplating not buying a 3DS at all until that's out due to that, but I suppose there's no inner stingyness instinct being valid there anymore. I doubt there'll be much I'll be getting other than S4 on it, haha.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Unless you're interested in the other upcoming 3DS games, like Pokemon, just wait for the New 3DS.

If the Wii U version ends up coming out in Nov, then it won't really matter if you're patient.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I told you people THE DAY smash4 3ds was announced that the handheld version will be inferior.

And guess what? I'm correct. As usual.

Xyro77

Sorry, Ozzama Bin Falco, we play REAL smash games. Not mods for babies who can't get good at brawl/melee.

The_Rebel_Within

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-4756-3936
Apparently you'll also be able to DI out of his nado easily.

Let me look for the link

Edit: well shiieeeeettt I don't have enough posts to put a link but it's on my Nintendo news now

Last edited:

Xyro77

Apparently you'll also be able to DI out of his nado easily.

Let me look for the link

Edit: well shiieeeeettt I don't have enough posts to put a link but it's on my Nintendo news now
I read that it was easier to DI as well.

I'm still skeptical because in brawl we added like arbitrary rules to reduce him and yet he still dominated. MK always finds a way.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its much more likely that a newcomer will be the best as they haven't had millions of playtesters like they have had for previous games by now.

{Pika and kirby didnt stay good going into melee, fox, marth and peach/puff did not stay dominant in brawl and its likely overzealous nerfs will put MK, Olimar and Falco will all probably be less relevant while newcomers.

MK always finds a way IN BRAWL. Don't let ancient history change how you feel about a whole new game "built from the ground up".

Xyro77

It's smash, only 1 game was built from the ground up. Ssb64. Every other game has had improvements but nothing completely redone.

I'm not banning anything yet but it's smart to learn from history. I've learned.

Xyro77

Do the Jpn 3ds work with NA 3ds? Multiplayer offline

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, local multiplayer is region-locked. But you can connect through the Internet and play like that.

Unless the Smash servers are also region-based.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
It's smash, only 1 game was built from the ground up. Ssb64. Every other game has had improvements but nothing completely redone.

I'm not banning anything yet but it's smart to learn from history. I've learned.
Actually, Sakurai has went on record saying they rebuilt the characters from scratch. Not just putting their Brawl code in and changing stuff. I hear that's why characters like Peach and Falcon "feel" different from Brawl.

Xyro77

Razer, I played the demo multiple times.

Marth
Sheik
Samus.....etc

Some have nerfs and some have buffs but all feel about the same as they did in brawl.

This game is not re-done from scratch lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
While not really having any idea what Sakurai's definition of "from scratch" is, I use the term a lot in programming / other incremental development and design a lot.

Basically "clean slating" something and then adding in one element at a time that I've already done / programmed so I cover my bases well, change things that don't feel right on a 'new look' and whatnot. A lot of it involves copying/pasting and minor tweaks along the way to things I've already done in the past, but either way I'm still starting something at 0 bytes.

Correcting mistakes or making changes is really hard on large implementations, you don't know where else and how down the line things will be affected. I'm trying hard to think of an analogy but I cannot, lol. Maybe redoing a jigsaw puzzle with all the pieces already kinda laid out in generally the right way?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, I don't think *every* character was redone.

Mario still has FLUDD...you mean to tell me they couldn't think of another move for Mario, despite having how many new Mario games since Brawl? And his moveset is the EXACT same right down to his Final Smash. Meanwhile, Pit has almost all brand new moves...

It's obvious some characters got special treatment, and others were just copy+paste with a few minor adjustments to hitbox and frame data and some added visual effects.

Of course Sakurai can't say, "Oh yeah, I gave my precious babies special treatment." But actions speak louder than words...

Last edited:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Even if you rebuilt the same character from scratch, its pretty logical you would come out with something very similar to the original. Its still the same character with the same history and pool of moves.

Regardless, its far more likely that a new character with fresh ideas will evolve into something broken, Beyond that its also possible that a mid or low tier from a previous game will rise to the top. Puff went from good to great to bad from 64 to brawl. Only a few characters have remained viable in consecutive games (Fox, Marth, ICs) and only 1 has remained bottom tier (Bowser) and it seems thats obviously been changed.

All of the confirmed Brawl top tiers have been shown to have very clear and undeniable nerfs. Olimar lost half his army, Diddy lost half of his fruity fortress, Marth lost alot of range and safety and MK has alot more lag on tornado and his aerials.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*Lucario's Aura got buffed*

Uhhhh....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't believe that part until I've actually tested it.

Keep in mind, the guy didn't understand that Samus' uair is the same as Brawl's...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, he'll end up Triforce tier.

Anything more and the game will be confirmed trash-tier and I will write a letter of concern to Obama.

Last edited:
Top Bottom