• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Yeah I think you could enter multiple Amiibos if you wanted to but you still had to pay entry for each one of course. With that you do have a much larger probability of getting a high ranking Amiibo but you could lose a lot if none of them made it. Not to mention the effort put into customizing/feeding each one.

But its not like its that lucrative I made $10 for 2nd place lol. It was just super entertaining and as long as one setup is dedicated it doesn't hold any thing up

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would only enter the Amiibos under no custom tournaments. Having customized Amiibo tournaments is silly, because you can just max their Attack and make them OHKO machines.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
The matches tend to be so slooow since there are multiple periods where Amiibos literally stare at each other but that could be bad training. The ones we played had items tho.

I don't think its possible to max attack at some point the fed items just start trading off. I need to look at mine but I think between all 3 stats they only get +100. Also at level 50 they get natural defense buffs so it wasn't uncommon to see them with +200%. Amiibos also seems to be very bad at edge guarding/punishing too.

Is it possible to disable custom equipment without totally deleting them? I would think a lot people don't want to lose their fed equipment

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's the thing...I don't think you can. But it's not like getting them back up to Lvl 50 is a problem anyways. It only takes like hour and a half at max.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It'd be more fun to pool $100 to go buy some Amiibos and then go get some drinks and get drunk.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
As I said in his status. There is only one good player in dallas (Denti) and half of it is because he's diddy.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Dallas would probably win. Especially in a crew battle format. Diddy/Diddy/ZSS/Ness/Rosalina the kill setups are real.

Who would Houston send?

@knife, I have like 1600 equipment. Eventually you just get so many duplicates it won't matter if you lose some. Amiibos don't really have abusive playstyles so I don't see a reason to limit much of anything.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So, you want to give them special effects that let them randomly do more damage and give them higher knockback on certain moves?

Tesh plz.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
The amiibo events was items on anyway. If you want to be try hard about it just enter singles. We are talking about a cute, fun event that gave the whole venue alot of laughs.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh, pfffffft, I didn't know that.

I would enter a max attack Bowser with smooth landing and random increased damage. It SideB does 30% base, and it spams on reaction A LOT. Enjoy dying in one-two hits.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Amiibo was so hype. But I think it would work best with a large TV like the one at the venue. Which is kinda hard to find considering it was wall mounted. In some ways, it was a good way to kill time between matches and and you didn't feel like looking in on someone else's match. It's a casual thing, randomness is ok. Entry was $3.

RT, money match my Weegee with that Bowser? $3 gogo. Nah , but Amiibos suck so much at punishing so it would still be a long match.

I also though it was interesting how the Amiibos did sometime go for combos like that one Diddy we saw that did a d-throw to bair.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I'd be down for that. some of the matches we watched were straight up stupid with passive amiibos with no power. Far more hype when knifes weegee was up bing everything

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Anybody wanna dubz with me for 4 Glory this weekend? Any carpools going?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Should do the crew battle and destroy dallas. They're actually free if you think about it.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Spent 5 hours exploring Chicago in WatchDogs after work. Did nothing but side missions. So damn fun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You'd have to be savage to understand why.

Xyro77

Remember, ForGlory 4 is this weekend. Please bring set-ups because this event will be huge! All info for the event is on the first post of this thread.

I'll be there but it will be later

Last edited:
Top Bottom