• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
SOS is a player from san antonio who used to be considered one of the top players in texas? i'm not sure if he still is, we'll see. i'll team with you if ronnie doesn't show up
Ronnie will finally come to this? I've been wanting to meet that guy for years now lol, I hope he doesn't have a john yet again.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
why would people discourage jerm from mm'in me? that's how you get better. i used to mm all sorts of people who i know would beat me at the time, but i did it anyway cuz it made me better.

SOS is a player from san antonio who used to be considered one of the top players in texas? i'm not sure if he still is, we'll see. i'll team with you if ronnie doesn't show up

i'll have your 5$ von. and i'm pretty excited about this hobo. and ima win.
top in tx? naw i suck at the game. i just play for fun now.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Don't let him trick you xD I love how everyone wants to team with him. SoS team with me! Those 2 suck.

And look how good I am...I never money match lol It's all in your will to fight and play strong and get better. Money shouldn't have any affect on that.

Ronnie isn't coming lol

And who wants to play today?

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Nevermind. My car lost a pulley on the way to Dawn's. I haven't got to play any since my cube got stolen a month ago. And on my way to remedy that I obtained a car problem that will apparently cost me $300+ to fix. Since I don't have the cash I will most likely lose my job as well. No car, no money, no job, no Melee.

... Anyone want to come up here instead? $20 MM to anyone that applies.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Don't let him trick you xD I love how everyone wants to team with him. SoS team with me! Those 2 suck.

And look how good I am...I never money match lol It's all in your will to fight and play strong and get better. Money shouldn't have any affect on that.

Ronnie isn't coming lol

And who wants to play today?
Money is a motivation. Since Mouth is confident he can beat me, when playing me in a friendly, he prlly wont care as much, since he really has nothing to lose. But put money on the line and thats what keeps his mind set.

Jake13

Smash Lord
jerm, its MOUF not mouth lolol. i wanna play you saturday :)

also, i wanna play today. after 5. who's with me?

I got my last final at three. wish me luck!

oh and i'll throw out an mm for you sos if you want.

any char v my falco 5bucks

Sybawave

Smash Ace
He wont' care either way if you can't beat him in friendlies then you won't beat him in a MM. Playing someone at half staff and still losing to them is a pretty good sign that you wont' beat them if they're playing at their fullest. I do the same thing, if someone sucks then I won't play at my fullest. If they start beating me then I'll start playing harder. Offering him a MM is just going to be giving him money and that's it. If you want him to get serious then beat him the majority of the time. Don't MM. That's stupid.

Is Jake ignoring me or what lol I WANT TO PLAY *****!!!! WHEN WHERE???

Yeah, so if you have $20 then you already have 1/15 of what you need...so why bring it back down to 0/15?

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
jerm, its MOUF not mouth lolol. i wanna play you saturday :)

also, i wanna play today. after 5. who's with me?

I got my last final at three. wish me luck!

oh and i'll throw out an mm for you sos if you want.

any char v my falco 5bucks
im down. best 3 of 5 tournament ruleset applys?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Actually syba.. I never said anything to mouf after our match. He challenged me to a MM. And if I was playing friendlies with someone that i know i can beat, and losing because i wasnt trying, I still wouldnt feel the need to try my hardest, because in my head, I feel that I will still win during tournament / MM.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOL that was so random.

Decline his MM then lol

And if you really feel like tossing money then MM me. My low tiers are worse than his so taking me out shouldn't be too hard.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Your not getting the point, Im not saying I can beat mouf. I was talking in general. And i'll MM you, but you have to wait depending on my other MMs. I have alot that day and I want to make sure I can do em all.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol if you don't think that you can beat him then why MM him??

You have to have the skills to do it first and then after that you need the confidence to beat him.

And seriously I need to play someone...I've got a whole new bag of tricks I want to use. Thanks to Eggz SilentWolf and Eggm and Colbol...and Jman xD

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
Hey jerm lets you and i play sum melee matches, i play peeeeeeeeaaach!!!!!! XD oh and i will be learning that new move peach has on brawl you know what im talking about ;D.........xyros vid!!!!!

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ok, but I dont main peach, I cant even play peach well in melee =[. But i realllllly want to learn her. I play YL in melee and Toon link in brawl. And I second marth and peach in both games.

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
good stuff!!!.....yea saw you at oni-con this year dident get a chance to play you.....that way when we play melee you can learn sumore new stuff and get better.....peach isent too difficult to learn just with some good practice you will get the hang of it XD......see you there?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Take the Brawl talk to the other thread. It's a gay game.

Lulz c wut i did thar?

Anyway so who wants to play??? Houston is ridiculously ****ty lol come on....the other 2 main cities died...we can't die we're all that's left of Texas =(

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I might be able to play tonight. But then I'd be missing out on brawl practice. Oh the decisions..

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
**** syba what's the big deal lol, so far me and jerm have played 1 friendly and he won, why would he be ****tin his pants running after that?

also, i'll mm you sos i don't even know what char you play though

i can't play tonight, sorry guyz :(

Sybawave

Smash Ace
No one can play tonight lol Houston fails....and I wanted to unleash my bag of tricks xD

And I just don't want him to toss money around lol and it's you...that's the problem lol that DK is too nasty for someone who just started =/ I just think he needs a bit more practice first before rushing in. I mean if I beat a veteran's low tier that he was known for then I'd be iffy about it too lol

Like if I beat Taj's Mewtwo. I would think it was just a fluke until we played more matches to see who was the better player. If one can't be decided then I'd go into a MM.

But I do like Jerm's confidencein this lol even with me trying to talk him out of it he's still going for it lol too good. We need more players like that ^_^ I mean people lol in general. We need more of them. Now I want to really play xD lol this sucks...

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Syba, I might be able to play tonight, if i dont go play brawl. And other things might hinder me from playing, but there's still a chance. let me find out whats up noww..

Ok, I can play with you guys tonight, if you guys are playing xD

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Thats what im asking you guys lol. I left my wii in LA, so we cant play at my house.

And my room is really small xD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
How far can you travel Jerm?

And the closest person I think we have to you is Dawn maybe? If you live by Funplex or in that area I think so. He lives around 610 and I45 on the North half of the loop. On Irvington. Can you make it there? And let me call him and see what's up

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Give me a number lol 832 766 5405

I just talked to him and I think he had plans with his girlfriend (the girl that was sitting in his lap on the way to the last HOBO) so he said he would call me back. Still waiting for that call...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Damit....Dawn said no bueno his madre said no xD so I mean you can come over here to my house and play <_< but that's quite the drive for such little play time =/

That's the only option since most of Houston is homo and always bails out....James....Jake...Dawn....y'all suck

Top Bottom